Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

That was an excellent game. Two of my friends used to compete to get the maximum possible score.
I could never remember how to get through the alien level :oops:

I was very good at it and now that I fired it up again I find it pretty damn difficult. Not to mention I had completely forgotten how to transform into a razorball or use the additional weapons mods.

Did you try the fan remake named Hurrican, btw?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That was an excellent game. Two of my friends used to compete to get the maximum possible score.

I was very good at it and now that I fired it up again I find it pretty damn difficult. Not to mention I had completely forgotten how to transform into a razorball or use the additional weapons mods.

Never heard of it until now. Looks very good.

:thumbsup:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Never heard of it until now. Looks very good.

:thumbsup:

Don't forget to grab the soundtrack. Those tracker tunes are great in their own way.

Sample:
https://soundcloud.com/eiswuxe/jungle-beats

DraQ

Arcane
pic01.jpg
There are three of those AFAIR.

At least in 1. In 2 there are 2 including jetpack level at the end.

Never really cared about scores even back then.

Down+space.

On c64 grenade launcher is f7, powerlines are space, mines are down+hold fire while holding fire alone gives you lightning sweep.
:musclememory:

A user named cat

Man, I keep running into Fargo's name going through these DOS games. So far I've seen him in the credits for both Lord of the Ring volumes, Neuromancer, Battle Chess and Castles. I wonder what he thinks of them now.

Kirtai

Augur
There are three of those AFAIR.
It was the levels you encounter that looks like it's straight out of the middle of Aliens 2. I think I always got lost on the second part.
Never really cared about scores even back then.

They could easily finish it with no deaths (though you got a better score with one out-of-time death apparently). It was more a competition in how perfectly they did it.

Don't forget to grab the soundtrack. Those tracker tunes are great in their own way.

I have the original TFMX soundtracks for the first game somewhere. Factor 5 made them free to download for a while, along with Amiga disc images. Finding a player for them was an interesting exercise.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I have the original TFMX soundtracks for the first game somewhere. Factor 5 made them free to download for a while, along with Amiga disc images. Finding a player for them was an interesting exercise.

I was talking about Hurrican soundtrack. I have the adf image of Turrican soundtrack somewhere, which I sometimes throw in the WinUAE. TFMX also lies around, just in case.
Yet I have mp3 recordings of them, because some years ago portable players could handle only this shitty format.
Now I'm just too lazy to make an OGG/FLAC recording.

Kirtai

Augur
I was talking about Hurrican soundtrack. I have the adf image of Turrican soundtrack somewhere, which I sometimes throw in the WinUAE. TFMX also lies around, just in case.
Yet I have mp3 recordings of them, because some years ago portable players could handle only this shitty format.

Currently I just play them on my PC using XMPlay. I use XMP to play other mods on my android phone but annoyingly TFMX is about the only tracker format it doesn't support. :(

zwanzig_zwoelf

To keep the topic going.
rbk0ed.jpg

Currently I just play them on my PC using XMPlay. I use XMP to play other mods on my android phone but annoyingly TFMX is about the only tracker format it doesn't support. :(

Don't have a tablet, don't even think of buying one.

axfe9.jpg

Hi Koni.

Divinity: Original Sin
The game is shit. Tbh it's not even a game at all.

I stopped playng after I noticed I had to wait a full moon and new moon in real time to progress. They said you could avoid this by changing time and date settings in your computer, but that also would spoil the game, since it would consider it cheating.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, it's the last Postal. The problems showed with the source engine in the tutorial and I had to restart the game to move onward :lol:. There is a good variety of weapons, but you can easily exploit stupid AI and just run with the machete chopping the heads out. Enemies in the 2nd one were more resistant to damage, now they are too fragile. The plot is stupid, but that's not surprising. The sandboxy feeling is gone, and it feels too much like a typical russian game. Kill x enemies and move further. When it crashed constantly during the final fight with Hugo Chavez I uninstalled it.

Angry Teenager Simulator 3

Did you pay your money for this piece of trash?

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom