Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Rape the Lands of Central America in Expeditions: Conquistador

ECLogo.png

It's not hentai or Wizardry and for that, I apologize. But I got this game because it looks awesome. I am going in blind and on ironman mode.

I've never played before and know very little about what to expect. I will probably lose and have to restart multiple times, but the fun is watching me suck.

From what I read on the Codex review, you pick 8 followers at the start. So to check interest, each person pick 1 follower. I'll wait a few hours and fill in any holes if I need to and start up my game. If(when) I die, next time I'll pick the followers and you all can help create the Capitan.

Pick my followers from this list: http://conquistadorthegame.com/features/followers/

Table of Contents:

Holy Diplomacy

drexciya

Augur
ECLogo.png

It's not hentai or Wizardry and for that, I apologize. But I got this game because it looks awesome. I am going in blind and on ironman mode.

I've never played before and know very little about what to expect. I will probably lose and have to restart multiple times, but the fun is watching me suck.

From what I read on the Codex review, you pick 8 followers at the start. So to check interest, each person pick 1 follower. I'll wait a few hours and fill in any holes if I need to and start up my game. If(when) I die, next time I'll pick the followers and you all can help create the Capitan.

Pick my followers from this list: http://conquistadorthegame.com/features/followers/
Bought the game because of the Steam special offer by any chance?

Given that Raul is a scout, let's add a different type of character to the group; Teresa Sanchez. A doctor is always an asset.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Wat, no custom followers? Would have been swell with a Codex crew tearing it up.

Anyhow: votan for pious and racist male!

Ackermanus

Educated
Daniel Reyes, because if you are going to the americas you need someone to unearth secrets man was not meant to know.

Bought the game but it blew my computed twice, so I'm looking forward to this. Best of luck.

I'm starting now. I'll pick the last person based on whatever I want. Update will come later.

Part I: Holy Diplomacy
screenshots
filedetails
M5teHnC.jpg

So I start up the game and slap on iron man. Couldn't change the difficulty from normal. Based on what happens later, that's probably for the best.

oFOGPyU.jpg

Here is our hero, Ramon de Castilla. I'm sure he'll do fine, right? I mean, natives love diplomacy.

fOcFzD8.jpg

DP54A6v.jpg

gMNzF4V.jpg

Oh and the fucking Codex review lied, I needed 10 people, not 8. Codex cannot into fact-checking. My beloved crew are the ones with the crosses.

GEuEtRx.jpg

And here's where we begin. Time to take on the New World!

T3beBKr.jpg

bGbvymO.jpg

wat.

iuTHopA.jpg

LyyZRkw.jpg

j3afEgq.jpg

e4aDJJ9.jpg

V38VHh9.jpg

pwBnvv0.jpg

"The governor is a dick" is apparently the arbitrary reason used to keep you in Hispaniola instead of sweet sweet Mexico.

t8UURjo.jpg

So I use my radioactive hoofprints to go to the governor's house.

os99iHb.jpg

mpYqIom.jpg

evOoncE.jpg

pKD9Jj5.jpg

kscz19l.jpg

VIJXhLS.jpg

So I meet this guy and do the tutorial battle.

j6Nb6M3.jpg

I do okay, but it's an early sign that I have little strategic skill.

2ZOwdPl.jpg

na8lh2v.jpg

p3Rfab0.jpg

qmhUnZU.jpg

WkewRXo.jpg

PVFvNxD.jpg

ECfnicu.jpg

KUlL9Qk.jpg

6WusBV6.jpg

uQn0Hmd.jpg

The governor and I continue our pissing match.

yvfMfq4.jpg

mgM5BOL.jpg

In comes the mudblood who wants el D.

ZKQLWgF.jpg

After I get my ship and shit back, the mudblood asks to join my expedition. I agree, since why not? Who doesn't want an extra mouth to feed on a costly expedition? She has a vagina, it's worth it, I swear.

PkEhZRB.jpg

I pick up a sidequest on my way out. This one's to find the treasurer's exploring wife.

073n2Jp.jpg

Bible thumper wants me to deliver the good book up north. I accept.

U3u3XQM.jpg

GB5NoDy.jpg

UsXoo00.jpg

I travel and set up my camps, following the map to the heathen temple.

bt08ami.jpg

d4Ix5Xd.jpg

eNVDW4U.jpg

BzMCL8J.jpg

ZFbcmla.jpg

o1sO8Jl.jpg

Sometimes you get random events in camp. This was one of them.

n7cdekU.jpg

n7cdekU.jpg

GnWMu4b.jpg

I go easy on the guy since we're just starting out. Maybe he just made one bad call.

7AusHqQ.jpg

We arrive at the heathen temple.

g62gvZh.jpg

Nigga, I invested in diplomacy. We go in weapons sheathed!

RiIEYO8.jpg

zECtaET.jpg

Was so worried I'd end up with some kinda native kali ma.

X7Ll2gR.jpg

The way this was phrased, I thought Ramon thought that fishlips was a tribe all herself.

UzkiqlI.jpg

Y1Rc6o1.jpg

k4gf6nU.jpg

H53Rrnl.jpg

RuuIzlD.jpg

I'm a bad Christian, but a diplomacy master.

Ending the first update here. Things get worse for Ramon and crew from her on out. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this kinda thing was so I'm cutting my nearly 2 hours of play into 2 or 3 updates.

I wonder if you'll regret taking Velasquez as much as I did. The guy's a dickhead and almost always seems to lose morale no matter what happens, usually from having jealousy or whatever that self-absorbed trait is.

That ain't spoiling anything, it becomes fairly obvious pretty quick. That one trait that I forget the name of is just a big dumb pain in the ass any time someone has it.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I thought you would be playing an asshole conquistador. You could have chosen the racist nun.

UnknownBro

Savant
: Posting in the wrong thread :

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom