Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Lhynn

Arcane
THE KINGS ARE DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

Biodocs replaced by MATTHEW BROOMBERG, manager of Bioware Austin: http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/09/ea-names-new-chief-of-bioware-label-exclusive/

That's right. They promoted the fucking TOR guy. :lol:

Reporting to Bromberg will be Aaryn Flynn (for BioWare Canada); Jon Van Caneghem (for Victory and Waystone); and Jeff Hickman, who will become the new general manager of Bioware Austin.
:x
I dont even know why you care anymore, not worth raging over that shit. Live Happy, hate on the faggots at bioware for their tasteless brainless shit and move on :love:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Even if TOR was a huge fuck-up EA still thinks merging traditional singleplayer and online is the future, so that guy is their point-man on that front I suppose.

Even if TOR was a huge fuck-up EA still thinks merging traditional singleplayer and online is the future, so that guy is their point-man on that front I suppose.

It definitely has a future in things like the Souls games and Dragon's Dogma...but not in any of the ways EA is moving.

Just another example of how once a person has "made it", even failure tastes sweeter. How many average coderbros are sweating it after the TORtanic, while the head honcho gets a sweet, new gig?

All of the Mass Effect games have plot holes. Some of them are things the writers just didn't think about (why didn't Nililus's shields block Saren's bullet when he died at the beginning of ME1?)

He lowered his shields since Saren had supposedly cleared the place of hostiles already (the worker that was hiding nearby tells you so). Which is kind of a dumb mistake for a badass mercenary to make, but still.

edit:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/11700529/1

I need supporters for my Space Kid was indoctrinating shepard through space hampster campaign

Both have the name *space*

Shepard had his dreams while alone in his cabin...only space hamster has access to the cabin.
If you listen closely you can hear space hamster's voice when space kid talks

Open your eyes

:lol:

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

Biodocs replaced by MATTHEW BROMBERG, manager of Bioware Austin: http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/09/ea-names-new-chief-of-bioware-label-exclusive/

Reporting to Bromberg will be Aaryn Flynn (for BioWare Canada); Jon Van Caneghem (for Victory and Waystone); and Jeff Hickman, who will become the new general manager of Bioware Austin.
Wait, isn't Cangeghem is the guy who made all Heroes of Might & Magic? How the hell did he managed to end up in a shithole like Bioware? They never released any turn-based game. Fuck, they never released any strategy game at all.

Redlands

Arcane

Biodocs replaced by MATTHEW BROMBERG, manager of Bioware Austin: http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/09/ea-names-new-chief-of-bioware-label-exclusive/

Wait, isn't Cangeghem is the guy who made all Heroes of Might & Magic? How the hell did he managed to end up in a shithole like Bioware? They never released any turn-based game. Fuck, they never released any strategy game at all.

Last time I heard he was working for EA; that's probably why.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Last time I heard he was working for EA; that's probably why.

Wake up guys, he's been the head of the Command & Conquer franchise since 2009. I just wish he wasn't under BioWare's aegis.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are you telling me he's partially responsible for the utter disaster that was C&C4? "Bases are bad", "I hated accidentally hitting the sell button so we removed it", space Jesus Kane C&C4?

I doubt he had much time to have any influence on that project. He was brought in to turn the franchise F2P.

Caim

Arcane
Are you telling me he's partially responsible for the utter disaster that was C&C4? "Bases are bad", "I hated accidentally hitting the sell button so we removed it", space Jesus Kane C&C4?
Where is our C&C5 anyway? They don't even have to retcon 4 (BUT THEY SHOULD):

Kane: I returned because you suck and I will kick your ass.
Angry black commander dude: But you died!
Kane: Rule of thumb; you can't kill the Messiah.

COMMAND AND CONQUER 5: THE NAME OF KANE

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Dumb on glance, but smart.

- As some have said, they want online features. He has experience with TOR and is someone already with the company regardless of how successful he was.
- "Peter Principle" on steroids.
- Should he fail again, EA can claim they were giving him the chance to redeem himself for the TOR failure and will be able to easily wash their hands of anything he does. Furthermore, they can point at the docs leaving as further evidence that it was Bioware who was failing and not them.

Thoughts? I do believe EA can be a learning animal based on recent events.

random_encounter

Educated
I doubt they're promoting him for any input he has in design, moreso for his ability to steer administration into fulfilling whatever mandate that EA wants out of them.

He's filling in for the docs who, by the end of their careers at Bioware, had become largely talking heads in managerial roles. At that point, I doubt they had the same hands on with projects as they did with Baldur's Gate. So yep, the fucking TOR guy who saw a multi-million dollar mega project to completion is now the new Bioware boss? Just business as usual within the EA empire in appointing a local lord (who used to be a CEO) with the relevant experience to manage another fiefdom.

Grimlorn

Arcane

It definitely has a future in things like the Souls games and Dragon's Dogma...but not in any of the ways EA is moving.

Just another example of how once a person has "made it", even failure tastes sweeter. How many average coderbros are sweating it after the TORtanic, while the head honcho gets a sweet, new gig?
No it's the future. It's the way they'll beat piracy, by putting everything on their servers like Diablo 3. Maybe server costs will have to go down a bit, but eventually every game will have online servers to play from.

Lhynn

Arcane

No it's the future. It's the way they'll beat piracy, by putting everything on their servers like Diablo 3. Maybe server costs will have to go down a bit, but eventually every game will have online servers to play from.
Except diablo 3 has already been cracked. and the fact is, people that cant afford it wont buy it anyway, people that can afford it will buy it only if the service is good enough. casuals will buy it regardless.

Grimlorn

Arcane

Except diablo 3 has already been cracked. and the fact is, people that cant afford it wont buy it anyway, people that can afford it will buy it only if the service is good enough. casuals will buy it regardless.
No it hasn't. As far as I heard, they don't have the specific data from Blizzard's servers so it will never be truly cracked. Someone has to fill in the data and make it up. I think it also has to be played from private servers, but not sure about that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
After the Sim City fiasco, I think it will be many years until EA tries something similar again. :smug:

Caim

Arcane
After the Sim City fiasco, I think it will be many years until EA tries something similar again. :smug:
Nah, they'll be all over it again with The Sims 4.

Lhynn

Arcane

No it hasn't. As far as I heard, they don't have the specific data from Blizzard's servers so it will never be truly cracked. Someone has to fill in the data and make it up. I think it also has to be played from private servers, but not sure about that.
theres a whole page devoted to cracking it, actually, sad as it may be, wasting your time on cracking that game that is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Nah, they'll be all over it again with The Sims 4.

No: http://www.destructoid.com/simcity-feedback-led-to-an-offline-the-sims-4-258669.phtml

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom