Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
8pc2013-09-2919-25-066lsw0.jpg

One thing I still remember clearly about this game: The voice actor for Commander Vimes is horrible.

Modron

Arcane
Been several years since I played it, sorta falls in that same category as Divine Divinity in that it is a Diablo clone with a decent story id est if you can stand diablo gameplay you'll probably get enjoyment out of it. As far as voice acting I don't really recall if there was any.

PS Avoid the game's sequel Seal of Evil; imo, the game was a large step down in quality and far more linear.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Shootah time? Shootah time! "Potato Quake" (quoted from ads from late '90).
I'm kidding, this game is same shooter category like a Thief recognized headchop-cabbache simulator.
Most difficult game I've ever tried to emulate in DOSbox.
KmDEjVW.png

Seems promising.
C78dglw.png

Look at that pose...
Soap, you need a gun to shoot. Pointing fingers doesn't work.
HCTGmRo.png

Game over, cry me over.

Name's Dust and it's made by devs who were screwed by Potato goverment.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Shootah time? Shootah time! "Potato Quake" (quoted from ads from late '90).
I'm kidding, this game is same shooter category like a Thief recognized headchop-cabbache simulator.
Most difficult game I've ever tried to emulate in DOSbox.
KmDEjVW.png

Seems promising.
C78dglw.png

Look at that pose...
Soap, you need a gun to shoot. Pointing fingers doesn't work.
HCTGmRo.png

Game over, cry me over.

Name's Dust and it's made by devs who were screwed by Potato goverment.
Hey, that's Pýl! Where did you get it?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got it from Optimus Nexus pack. With other game (Riddles of Leon) and bunch of education stuff.
There was even 3D museum with real animals who wander on the museum (srsly - just short animation, propably based on AVI files) breaking the total silence, really great thing for first meet with PC (and Windows98, hate that system with passion).

There is some guy in the web who create "total game convertion" to OGRE engine (now he made it to UNITY propably) who found some DOSbox stuff (configuration and else) to play it somewhat. Enjoyed with 15 FPS. Improvements from my config attempts with 5 FPS...

And remember kids - pay taxes (even overwhelming one) or something bad happen to your potatos, your only precious...

zwanzig_zwoelf

Got it from Optimus Nexus pack. With other game (Riddles of Leon) and bunch of education stuff.
There was even 3D museum with real animals who wander on the museum (srsly - just short animation, propably based on AVI files) breaking the total silence, really great thing for first meet with PC (and Windows98, hate that system with passion).

There is some guy in the web who create "total game convertion" to OGRE engine (now he made it to UNITY propably) who found some DOSbox stuff (configuration and else) to play it somewhat. Enjoyed with 15 FPS. Improvements from my config attempts with 5 FPS...

And remember kids - pay taxes (even overwhelming one) or something bad happen to your potatos, your only precious...
I remember I had a version which would ran fine on Win7 in both Glide and software renderer, and there was also an interview where one of the developers was telling things about the game and how it was developed.

UPD:

pcsx2%202013-09-30%2014-03-17-64.jpg

pcsx2%202013-09-30%2014-50-31-72.jpg

pcsx2%202013-09-30%2014-44-22-74.jpg

pcsx2%202013-09-30%2014-41-22-40.jpg

Finally managed to run Summoner without noticeable slowdowns (though Lenele will probably lag again).
I was suprised to find out that PS2 version is even MORE better than I remember it.
PS2 version has no quest compass, but has grimdark color scheme (PC version has fucked up palette with bland colors), real shadows (PC had blobs) and better particles (fire effect in PC version was awful). Also, PS2 version lacks control problems (mouse controls in the PC version were buggy) and animation bug which turned Joseph into a golden baby with a rocket up his ass.

Oh yeah, you can also talk to anyone. ANYONE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
:bro:
Brofist for elaborate the difference. Also cool game, sadly I've managed to beat the PC version.
Ending (you know which one) was nice.
Also - how chain attacks work? I remeber that on PC they do absolutely nothing.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brofist for elaborate the difference. Also cool game, sadly I've managed to beat the PC version.
On Pc it seems to work like a proto-witcher 1 system. Key+click does something.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I didn't beat it to the end, sadly. I lost all motivation at Wolong Cave.
PC version had shitty control scheme, you had to press alt, ctrl, tab and something else to perform special attack. On gamepad they are assigned on D-Pad, and are easily available.
Those chain attacks allow you to perform chain of attacks: attack normally again (Added Blow), attack and deal damage proportional to the formula (maxhealth-currenthealth=damage) (Desperation), drain enemy's AP (Confusion) and (Push) to increase chances of the next chain attack.

BTW, Lenele runs fine on PS2 version, though lagging occures from time to time (if camera is panned too far, for example).

Psquit

Arcane
uEhgIYw.jpg

Even his shadow is ripped

u3MJKFV.jpg

Not a match for my big gun

OTPyl6X.jpg

As a reward you get to motorboat on those

FUCKING+MAKE+IT+STOP.+ruined+pikachu+for+me_571ad8_3823836.gif

Requiem of Skyrim: Chapter 475: Ronnie's Sacrifice! We will not forget our friend!

The threat of a dragon attack has left the jarl's bodyguard so testy that she flipped the fuck out when an elk approached the patrol.

ZFDsiC.jpg

Soon before the dragon swoops down, I run around casting a regenerative healing spell on everyone. This will help them get up on their own if I can't reach them safely to cast an on-touch heal. A side benefit I didn't predict is that this makes them glow a little, so finding them in the middle of the confusion isn't too hard.

Mirmulnir is changed into "Wounded Dragon" in Requiem, possibly to help justify why you can take a dragon relatively early in the game. I guess the soldiers stationed at the tower managed to get a few good hits on him before he killed them. Still, he could comfortably kill me with a direct hit. From what I've seen, he's stronger but more fragile than Deadly Dragon's Mirmulnir, which took like an hour to kill, not counting reloads.

l3Sc13.jpg

The dragon's loot was uninteresting shit. Yeah, that's a lot of bones, but I'd be cool to find at least one enchanted ring from a dead adventurer or whatever.

haTekM.jpg

Irileth adresses a bunch of Codexers.

OqPxHt.jpg

Sadly, the price of victory was high - Ronnie, our friendly neighbourhood zombie bandit boss, was burned to a crisp. His body was also mangled beyond belief, a fate caused by jumping into the beast's face with nothing but a battleaxe. Undeath removes all instincts of self preservation. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, Ron. Arvel (the Bleakfalls Barrow guy that was stuck in the web), being a dark elf, fared much better against the dragon's fiery breath. Well, at least his face is still recognizable.

LQahD6.jpg

...wait, who the fuck is that guy to the right? That's not a guard uniform.

9Lfwiv.jpg

...a drunkard was passing by and decided to join the fight, armed only with his fists. Not sure if:hero: or :balance:

His "friends" were only 30 meters to the right of the watchtower, apparently too drunk to notice the mythical beast wrecking havoc nearby. Or maybe they noticed it and were too drunk to realize it was real.

kFILmj.jpg

It's not a fine day dumbass, your friend just got chomped in half by a fucking dragon

By the way, I met the Hammerfell warriors while exiting Whiterun, and they apparently got involved in this fight. They were walking away from the tower, one of them with a big chunk of his health missing. There were also some convenient traveling merchants coming to see the wreckage, and were happy to take all my phat loot.

(actually I could still raise Ronnie, but combined with Lydia our party would be too awesome and the difficulty would go down the drain. This looks like a good moment to say goodbye to Ronnie. At least now I can go back to summoning skeletons without feeling cheesy)

looks like it's in front of that tree

I know! The worst!!!

Yeah, you'd think Yggdrasil would look more imposing.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Some random fairly old KSP screenshots I have lying around:

random1.png

Thank modders for the Alarm Clock mod, keeping track of several simultaneously launched spacecraft in transit to other planets is a bitch without it.

random2.png

Kerbin North Pole from orbit.

random3.png

Athena Shuttle performing a final orbital insertion burn around laythe.

random4.png

Same shuttle aerobraking in Laythe's atmosphere earlier.

random5.png

Maintenance drone detaching from Atlantis space station core module.

random7.png

Ion Engine lander landing on Gilly, a captured asteroid that is Eve's only moon and the smallest celestial object in the game.

random8.png

Aphrodite orbiter performing close study of Eve after the landing on Gilly.

random9.png

Space station in Duna low orbit.

Also a bonus FTL screenshot:

random6.png

I wish you could hijack enemy ships and ditch yours, kind of like in Sid Meier's Pirates! Just getting extra loot from it is a bit underwhelming even if still useful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom