Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Is this game any good?

Gerrard

Arcane
Jeezus, it's that big already?

In other news, the queue system is still retarded, I get better times as solo GF than as GF+DC party. Even as GF, DC and one TR we waited like 8 minutes.

eklektyk

Erudite
and shard just went down when i was doin my sharandar dailies ....fudge

wonder if its connected with ah and that smbody bought a lot of shit recently ...
crap will be behind with grind :sadpanda:

Gerrard

Arcane
Wow, are the "Ancient Castle Something" weapons outdated now? They dropped quite a lot in price, I could buy a greatsword.
Or would it be better to wait until after merge?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The reason they dropped in price is because the Fomorian weapons are SLIGHTLY better. Though actual reports seem to be that some (ie, Wizard's Orb) are actually a tiny bit WEAKER in damage output, or that the difference is so small you will never notice it. The biggest gain is and remains in going from regular blue equipment to Epic equipment. Not to mention supposedly Fomorian Fabled gear is an absolute pain in the ass to acquire.

But you should get Ancient equipment in pairs if you have the loose change, the set bonus is always nice.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I haven't check in on this thread for a time.

Whats the stipend of AD you get for being a member Vaarna?
As I said I've been at 20 in platesmithing for months now but even now it would take pretty much all I have just to get 1 purple tool for it. :jealousy: :flustered:

Anyhow, I would very much like it to get underwears for both my GF and GWF as your time permits. I'm good for the eggs/ supplies already and can pay you whenever.

Vaarna_Aarne

There's no stipend in NW, which is kinda donkey dick.

As for the underwear, sure thing. I'll just finish the job I have going (just Scale Pants to go) and in case of the GF I'll start once I get my own underwear. The payment is just Eggs + Residuum it takes in total to manufacture the stuff (I'll send mail every time I attempt crafting, and about the results).

eklektyk

Erudite
well at least sharandar grind is good for lvlup companions for me ... still working on that upgrades for chars there ...looooong one achead it seems
on a slightly related note both my chars have 3xx gold pices and that number stedily grows...what to spend it on ?? nothing ...
and my rogue got 611 fomorian conocions ... this stuff simply grows and grows

Gerrard

Arcane
I have the ancient weapon set now, and am almost completely broke as a result.

Vaarna_Aarne

Has the Rogue weapon set dropped below 700k in price range yet?

EDIT: And yea the Sharandar daily quick grind is a good way to powerlevel companions.

Gerrard

Arcane
Nope, main+off hand for rogue totals to 1m.

It would be cool if the weapon/armor enchants didn't cost a fortune to unslot, so I could actually use them before I get all these wards/AD to make a better one. But I guess jewgolds must flow.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, but due to how the wards work you will probably run a Lesser/regular Enchant for a weapon for a long time anyway, since it's cheap and the biggest bumps upwards in your effectiveness. Each step up from Lesser is progressively smaller.

Anyway, Armor enchants are worse off in that regards, I think. For the most part, the effect is either non-existent (all of the 60 sec cooldown damage/root/stun/etc effects) so you fail to even remember it exists outside of the aura (usually an ugly aura), or it's only a small comfort like the Soulforged enchant (since very few enemies outside of other players use rapid fire attacking, you don't get good mileage out of it with any duration, it's really just to allow you to scramble for the potion button in desperation). I guess the Elven Battle, Lifedrain and Barkshield are the only ones that might be a tangible benefit out of the armor ones.

Gerrard

Arcane
The activating trigger is dumb in the case of most armor enchants considering the long cooldown. "On taking damage" - combat starts, you take a bit of damage and bam, enjoy your cooldown.
In case of Soulforged you can be killed without it ever activating.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, but personally I think it's preferable this way. Keeps combat about skill and the underlying build, not the gear.

Gerrard

Arcane
A TR in blue gear with 8K GS does almost the same total damage as I do in T2 gear and almost 13K GS. Seems balanced.

Gerrard

Arcane
The thing is, if he had the same level of gear as I do it would at least double his damage.

Gerrard

Arcane
Well, obviously, I was playing GWF. I don't know if it's even possible to get 13K GS on TR, I know it's not the same for all classes.
GS doesn't really matter anyway, but the difference in gear between blues and epics is still huge.

Vaarna_Aarne

Not really double damage level stuff tho. The Rogue will deal more damage than the GWF in terms of direct output (GWF can far outshine the Rogue in terms of durability and AoE damage), usually around 30-50% depending on power used (Duelist's Flurry can probably reach higher numbers tho, given how it's an exceptionally powerful single target at-will). The Rogue's weakness is that they've got by far the most limited options for defending themselves, being limited to Stealth and a handful of control abilities for preventing damage as they can dodge less than the Wizard, or just face-tank like Cleric (who can also dodge as well as the Rogue), GWF and Guardian can. Not to mention if you do decide not to bring along a healer companion, you're very quickly going to start missing the AoE capacity the other classes possess.

eklektyk

Erudite
beter gear and higher gs mostly improves u crit chance - that can be good for clearing that awfoul add spam craptic loves to throw around...

on a slightly related i caved and bought my cleric a new and shiny bag .... and almost broke myself in the proces...oh well back to grinding dem diamonds

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom