Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Are you ready for a Mandate in space?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Scrap the banal shit boring setting and buy WH40K Space 1889 license instead otherwise can't see the chances to get 500 000 Zionbux without Big Cool Names on board. Seriously it looks so bland AAA publishers should back it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Toom much Empire? Its NCR in Space even their Logo looks like NCR Ranger Pin. :lol:

D8gGN-wuxphb5laPpigK-CWZN9J1NfXApoz5VIE7VH0hcotZYdyfaAVJbPqyjdcU7CYRDLc=s78

You want an Empire do it right, scrap Princess Leila and make PC last and lost heir and making him rebuild his legacy from scraps using soft and/or hard power or go Space Pirate or Space Washington or what ever Player fancies. The protagonist has no reason to stay loyal to Empress Beta and not turn into Space Piracy and/or join Rebels the moment He will got his ship as she is not even so hot to white-knight her. :troll:

Wavinator

Educated
Sandbox gameplay and crew development sound great. But a universe based on the Tsars sounds flat out boring and the world-building--which should be the basis for the cultures, technology, gear, missions and characters-- looks pretty derivative. Yeah, they say they've written 1500 of history, and maybe they innovate a lot, but watching the trailer I get an bad feeling of medieval in space.

Who knows, though. Maybe the free roaming and boarding and space combat will outshine all that.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I keep reading the title as "Are you ready for a Manatee in space?"

And I think I certainly am. God yes.

laclongquan

Arcane
They utter the magic word RPG, but that may fizzle and backfire, as they dont have developers used to work in some rpg we consider high quality.

And they need to step up their outreach. The buzz is perhaps a little too quiet.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, as long as they get rid of the awful premise of you working for miss emperor, and let you do as you want, without giving you a past or at least making you chose one of several backgrounds, it should be awesome.

Name

Cipher
The game is already complex enough, and then they decide to add co-op too? That's making it doubly difficult right? Since I don't have friends, well...

I was tempted to throw in some stolen money after all then I found out they are already planning content packs and expansion packs? Seriously? It's not that I am against the idea in principle, it just looks like because of the scope of the game, they are going to delay features into packs, and then reiterate the release again and again just like another space-loving video games company Stardock!

Define a believable scope and deliver it, and future contents should really be talked about only after the start of production and when everything is well...

Lhynn

Arcane
Co-op will most likely be very simple, like if you are online, you make a call for help, a player somewhere in the world can choose to come help you in that particular mission or system or w/e.

kris

Arcane
Their words speak of greatness. Now we will stand here to see if their actions speak the same.

I think I will pitch in, even if I would be worried this project might even fail.

Lhynn

Arcane
Looks like they're doing everything right, except for the main thing: asking way too much money
If anything, people should actually be concerned about how they can deliver on their promise with such a modest budget.
On the other hand, being Russians probably help a lot with keeping costs low.
See, to me it feels kinda like they already got money, they either need a bit more or want to test the market. Probably both.

Name

Cipher
Looks like they're doing everything right, except for the main thing: asking way too much money
If anything, people should actually be concerned about how they can deliver on their promise with such a modest budget.
See, to me it feels kinda like they already got money, they either need a bit more or want to test the market. Probably both.

You mean this may be the scenario where publisher want them to test the concept on kickstarter before financing them??

Lhynn

Arcane

You mean this may be the scenario where publisher want them to test the concept on kickstarter before financing them??
Or they are self founded.

Seolas

Liturgist
The idea is great but I just can't bring myself to pledge without some gameplay videos and more clarity.

I've pledged to 22 Kickstarter projects over the last year and only 2 have been delivered so far. One was Shadowrun Returns, fine... the other was Legends of Dawn, an abomination of a game that made me stop funding Kickstarters en masse.

Lhynn

Arcane
The idea is great but I just can't bring myself to pledge without some gameplay videos and more clarity.

I've pledged to 22 Kickstarter projects over the last year and only 2 have been delivered so far. One was Shadowrun Returns, fine... the other was Legends of Dawn, an abomination of a game that made me stop funding Kickstarters en masse.
Seolas cant into restraint.

I loved Escape Velocity 1 and if they do a decent job I'm going to love this game. I love reading all the comments so far about "omg this game is all over the place" and "kill themselves for the voice acting". The story (which actually matters, unlike voice acting) sounds awesome and could have a lot of depth to it, and looks especially good for branching the story. Does the Empress deserve her position, and is she good or evil? Were there secret details for us having to leave Earth? Maybe they won't implement C&C well enough, but if they have a lot of content to go through in a thoughtful branching story line, it'd still be better than almost every game I can think of.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I loved Escape Velocity 1 and if they do a decent job I'm going to love this game. I love reading all the comments so far about "omg this game is all over the place" and "kill themselves for the voice acting". The story (which actually matters, unlike voice acting) sounds awesome and could have a lot of depth to it, and looks especially good for branching the story. Does the Empress deserve her position, and is she good or evil? Were there secret details for us having to leave Earth? Maybe they won't implement C&C well enough, but if they have a lot of content to go through in a thoughtful branching story line, it'd still be better than almost every game I can think of.
:notsureifserious:
There is basically no real information on the game at all... at the moment it's just a messy checklist of what one developer claims they can deliver... how can you possibly, already have decided it's "going to be better than almost every game I can think of."

Mortmal

Arcane

I can understand that, not backed legends of dawn despite the very pretty girl in the kickstarter video ,Godus was the kickstarter vaccine for me .

:notsureifserious:
There is basically no real information on the game at all... at the moment it's just a messy checklist of what one developer claims they can deliver... how can you possibly, already have decided it's "going to be better than almost every game I can think of."

I said "if". Typically gameplay demos come after they get funds for development, from what I've seen.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
This is the first game on Kickstarter for a while that's asked for such a large sum. Will be interesting to see if it hits the mark, considering most people are just waiting for other games to come out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom