Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Great Avatar Purge

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
meh i just use a standard one, costum are for fags

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Added. They were a bit blurry though so I had to sharpen them a bit -- did you rip them yourself? If so, the original screenshots must've been either jpegs or improperly resized.

If you resized them yourself, can you upload the originals so I can have a look at them?

Done it. DU is lazy. I removed a couple of blotchy UI elements while at it, so it wasn't a completely wasted effort even if he eventually manages to fix the scaling.

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/97283065/file.html

(probably should have checked on the format beforehand, hope they work)

Added. Be sure to clear your cache for the changes to show up.

Crooked Bee

If I take the time to convert a bunch of old Psygnosis cover art to avatars, will you upload them to the gallery? Or do they absolutely have to be character models/portraits?

Cover art is okay too.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Wes it can be added once Horikita Maki is in a CRPG. Good luck with that.

In related news, I'm feeling some guilt over essentially stealing Thor Kaufman's avatar, so I may switch to this turd golem:
204a.png

Also, mindx2, the closest I could find to what you want is:
305a.png
042a.png

The trannification is unfortunate.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
You could just say it's a man with a ponytail like Geralt.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I took the liberty to collect a number of missing and quite excellent Jagged Alliance 2 portraits, mainly of the various side-characters (such as the handsome devil Darren van Haussen *wink wink* *nudge nudge* *wink* *epileptic seizure* *cough cough*) and a couple of mercs who, shockingly enough, weren't included. Note that I could not find all of them, so there are still a few out there. Also, while I double and triple-checked, it might be possible that one of them is already in the gallery, though I very much doubt it.

Unfortunately, I am somewhat congoid when it comes to komputermagjifiks, so the whole resizing and framing business is beyond me.

If a kind soul could take mercy upon the collection and implement the portraits in a stylish and proper manner, it would be very much appreciated!

Portraits:
HYy45du.png

Linku: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9bkdz1i1d6i7ol/Jagged Alliance 2.rar

(Also, in a sympathetic though most likely ineffectual defence of kamerad thewesdude's furious uphill struggle, the cute and adorable Maki-chan is frankly way more prestigious and legitimate than crap like the Mass Defect series, Alpha Brotocol, Neverwinta Nights 2 and that horrible Pigeon-fetishist abomination from hell.)

ScubaV

Prophet

Added. They were a bit blurry though so I had to sharpen them a bit -- did you rip them yourself? If so, the original screenshots must've been either jpegs or improperly resized.

If you resized them yourself, can you upload the originals so I can have a look at them?

No, I found them on some forums where a guy modified the backgrounds from these original modifications for Grimrock. I think he also added CSB champions. Those originals are 256 x 256 jpegs, so I guess they are faulty on both counts.

Hellraiser

Arcane
After staring too long into the abyss at my avatar of Jake Armitage I have concluded that the shitty white overlay layer somebody forgot to hide is indeed quite atrocious. As is the cropping. My sense of aesthetics has deemed it to be eye-offending popamole decline (don't worry I won't pull a 1eyedking and go full retard artist-autist like him).

Here are my suggestions to improvamenting or inclining it like so:

8048.jpg
SRRR01vanilla.png
SRRR01stroke1.png
SRRR01.png

From left to right: Current popamole version the codex gallery has, recropped vanilla no borders, 1 pixel black border like on the current SR:R avatars only without the shitty transparent white overlay, green-ish border with glow to look more futuristic.

However I need feedback from lady Crooked Bee and/or the angry cunts inhabiting the codex on which is better and why or if my idea is utter shit. I am not willing to waste precious procrastinating time on recropping more SR:R portraits without knowing what form is acceptable. Also I don't have the game so I need to crop this shit from screenshots in acceptable resolution and/or other online sources. Oh and also on what you want the image size to be, so that xenforo or codex bandwidth don't get a heart attack. They're 120x120 at the moment but resizing them is not a problem. Also if :obviously: .png is ok or if I should convert them to jpegs.

Rake

Arcane
why r there hatoful boyfriend avatars but no more dawn of war 1/2 avatars
i r sad
Don't steal my Avatar :mad:
On second thought, let's keep the same. Even the names are similar.Let's confuse the motherfuckers....

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Says the guy who first bitched and whined about wanting repugnant pigeon avatars and then couldn't stand using one for more than a day. Oh, but that's right, you only switched because you felt "guilty", yeah, sure, cool story bro.

Truth is, you simply couldn't endure the warp. If you really could, then you wouldn't run crying to turd golem like a little faggit, you would MAN THE FUCK UP and use another pigeon avatar, especially since you now have a full gallery to choose from.

Edit: By the way, Wes' horrifying yellow fever is a respectable character trait. Also, behead those who insult Maki-chan!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Brofisted for clever tactical maneuver. If I change to the other pigeon avatar I like, I'm a pussy-ass slave to manipulation, and if I don't I'm a faggit who can't stand pigeon avatars. Either way I lose. As expected of someone with a JA2 avatar. :salute:

Edit: Unbrofisted due to yellow fever endorsement. Nothing wrong with azns but ffs the fixation some people have is just gross.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Brofisted for clever tactical maneuver. If I change to the other pigeon avatar I like, I'm a pussy-ass slave to manipulation, and if I don't I'm a faggit who can't stand pigeon avatars. Either way I lose. As expected of someone with a JA2 avatar. :salute:

Edit: Unbrofisted due to yellow fever endorsement. Nothing wrong with azns but ffs the fixation some people have is just gross.

:lol:

Thank you for your interesting input!

Now, please consult this helpful video:

snLaaRd.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Pity the Stones of Arnhem sphinctercock-monster I coloured in is too wide to work as an avatar at a decent size.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom