Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What has happened to game intros?

Borelli

Arcane
My personal favourite:

:bro:
This one is just a guy talking to you but come on, live actors with the "but tommorow you sail to the kingdom ... OF DAGGERFALL" line just gives it some charm.

dunno lah

Arcane
I always thought the Hitman Contracts intro was really cool, just dropping you(47) into the scenario without exposition..

mondblut

Arcane
This one is just a guy talking to you but come on, live actors with the "but tommorow you sail to the kingdom ... OF DAGGERFALL" line just gives it some charm.

Dagerfall_Uriel.JPG

original.jpg

He did not age all that well, did he?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Let us be honest. I don't like Blizzard. I haven't played a "new" Blizzard game in years. And we all know where they stole the theme of this intro. But it's such a sad, small story that I still remember it, even more than a decade later. Old Blizzard was good with this stuff. Diablo II was average, but the cinematics... "Well...it seems that your terms...were not acceptable...."

Luzur

Good Sir
one of my favvos:

now, i couldnt find any intro of Stryx and some of the other Amiga games i used to have, so this here have to make do:

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Since we're posting cool intros instead of whining about the shittiness of new games...

Some great music here.

Too bad the PC version didn't have this

Just robots standing like idiots shooting at each other, but I love the atmopshere here. The whole game had a really sweet apocalyptic feel.

God i love the military sf stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom