Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Till pissed off about it. Teep music is anouying.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Zewp is spot on. I know how Dex treats Metacritic but the fact that it's the lowest rated game in the whole series there both by journos and especially players should give you a clue.

Kony's video also shows how amateur the team working on missions for ArmA3 is. All he did is jump off a linear Call of Duty-like scripted path that missions in A3 are literally ridden with and he immediately broke all scripting in the mission.

Also yes I'm writing dat shit

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bohemia bought Altar and ordered to reskin the next UFO game ASAP.

At least now we know where all the tactics went to from ArmA 3.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's harder than I thought. Simply because I need to launch the game for one and for some time now I have a really strong urge not to.

But hey it will happen eventually.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
You lazy fuck. I was really looking forward to a review by you, full of obscenities and vitriolic remarks.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well they just released a first campaign episode on dev branch. Haven't touched it yet but people say it's like Call of Duty where you are being hand held by Captain Price Staff Sergeant Adams so maybe I will have a field day with that.

Whenever I will force myself to play it.

Cholo

Arcane

The game engine looks incredible- would be fantastic to see a well made Jagged Alliance or Silent Storm clone built from it.

potatojohn

Arcane
Silent Storm's engine is way better than anything Bohemia's made. Have you ever seen how destruction works in ArmA? You're fire at the building and nothing happens until some threshold, then the model slowly sinks down on the z-axis and is replaced by "rubble". Meanwhile in SS you can shoot out individual blocks.

Also, SS was programmed well. I played all three SS games in Linux/Wine. BIS's games won't even start. The usual reason why software won't work in Wine? non-standard (read: retarded) programming.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Silent Storm's engine is way better than anything Bohemia's made. Have you ever seen how destruction works in ArmA? You're fire at the building and nothing happens until some threshold, then the model slowly sinks down on the z-axis and is replaced by "rubble". Meanwhile in SS you can shoot out individual blocks.

Also, SS was programmed well. I played all three SS games in Linux/Wine. BIS's games won't even start. The usual reason why software won't work in Wine? non-standard (read: retarded) programming.
Try to start kkrieger in the Wine as a test.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
ARMA 3 - Limited Deluxe Edition (PC CD) is coming up as a blackfriday flash sale in about 22 minutes at amazon.co.uk

Is the game worth it at this point?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom