Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified TPS

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Posting in this thread solely to express disappointment at Marin dying. So much for any possibility of Bioshock Infinite: The One Actually Worth Playing Edition.

Micmu

Magister
"A large number of employees at 2K Marin, which recently launched the third-person shooter The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, have been laid off"

KARMA, BITCHES! :salute:
So, was it worth it to rape it, now? WAS IT WORTH IT??

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Quick reminder, employees are drones, management and designers call the shots. Check if they were fired or just "relocated" before bashing the devs.

Liked it better when it was a 50's 'aliens invade' FPS. Do you use that alien tech on the spot to get your mates out of a tight jam and subsequently lose it, or hold on and take it back to base to study? They apparently ripped all the interesting bits out in the change to the bland third-person Gears of Mass Effect edition.

Change the name, take the cannoli and the original vision.

Don Peste

Arcane
Finished it. I didn't bother to read any notes neither tried to understand the plot (you can skip cutscenes, which is always very nice).
But it was enjoyable 2013 trash. Like a Gears of War with some tacticular elements. The 50s/60s America scenarios were nice, you might like that. The alien stuff was just grey boring corridors.

It could have been much more, but oh well. My PesteCritic Score, now adjusted by today's degenerate standards, is 71/100 (Plus a Must Buy At 90% Off Badge of Quality).

10 years old game, a crap one too, still (almost, i concede) full price. and i'm the only one seeing the problem here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom