Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum and Vampire: Bloodlines retrospective

Liston

Augur
While I don't agree with the author on everything I still thing that it is an interesting watch.

Btw there is also a Fallout retrospective on the same channel but I haven't watched it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Interesting to to the point where author makes long long winded PC and White Knight rant about one of the best VTMB quests; Also he reached only one of the five endings and bitches about subpar ending he has chosen what a faggot; No fun after replay of the game? His fault to replay the game as brainwashed college graduated ''progressive adult''. :troll:

His Review of Arcanum is quite :incline: though and I agree with conclusion; You can't make game which will be both popular with Manboons thus profitable for :keepmyjewgold:Evul Producers and :obviously:+M.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Bloodlines makes poor use of a great license but is good for what it is.

Arcanum is the definition of BSB

J1M

Arcane
Wow, he really went full retard on his bloodlines comments.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, to be fair, bloodlines wouldn't be considered as good if there were more examples of games like it, sadly, there are none, and so it shines like a beautiful gem in a sea of nothingness, and its well deserved too, the game is fun to play and discover.. and all of its flaws can be summed in "there just isnt enough of".
My replay of arcanum is long overdue, i dont even remember most of the stuff he mentioned about the game.

you can criticize arcanum as much as you want. it has shitty combat, awful graphics and broken gun play but its not bsb.

if arcanum is for someone definition of banal, shit boring crpg than i dont know what he calls oblivion
probably GOTY 2006

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
oh noes Bloodlines plot is not politically correct enough and women are not portrayed in a way that would appeal to my librul sensibilities! What a faggot.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
What is he saying about "gender roles" (lol) in Bloodlines? I tried looking for it, but I was annoyed by his dumb face at the beginning and his supercilious manner when he started talking about how "I don't think tits are sinful, but Troika overplayed their hands blablabla". Have got better things to do than being patronised by a feminist dude called Noah.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I recently played Arcanum for the first time and I've yet to finish it. I'm very lttp in that regard, but hey. I grew up in the age of decline, it's only in the last few years that I've started playing the great games of old.

Anyway, I don't know when I'm going to finish Arcanum because it's just too fucking combat-heavy in the second half of the main story. All the late game content seems to involve just killing shit over and over and over again. When I started the game I thought it looked really amazing and I instantly fell in love with it, but as the game progressed I fell out of love with it. I don't think it's necessarily shit, but it feels like it loses its charm somewhere around the halfway mark and just goes downwards from there.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Every time I try to play Arcanum I get to the Elf trees and get bored.

ASTRAL

Arcane
Reduce the difficulty and play in real time its faster and you can change it back again for a boss fight .Not so prestigious but better than wasting time for filler and be bored to death.
The game basically advices you to do just that .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom