Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info GearHead 2 update - v0.400

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Gearhead 2

Joseph Hewitt has informed us that a new version of <a href=http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org/>GearHead 2</a>, adding a <a href=http://ghforum.chaosforge.org/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=163>tactical arena mode</a>, is now available for download:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>GearHead-2 v0.400 is now available for download. The big change this time around is a brand new, completely rewritten Arena mode. Hooray!
<br>
<br>
As of right now, GH2's arena mode can do all the same stuff that GH1's arena mode can. I didn't want to make a release until I could say that at least. In addition, it can do a few things that GH1's arena mode couldn't. You can save the game during battle, and the battles may be fully scripted scenes using all the resources available to the GH2 RPG campaign. Two battles are included in GH2; it should be fairly easy to add more, if you know a bit of scripting.
<br>
<br>
Oh, yes, there is one more little thing... Tactics mode now works in GH2 as well. Separate preferences are used to set tactics mode for the RPG mode and the Arena mode; by default, the RPG uses clock mode and Arena uses tactics mode.
<br>
<br>
Why add Arena mode? Becuse it's going to be a while before the RPG mode is fully playable (due to lack of content), but with Arena Mode we can have a complete game right now.
<br>
<br>
What's next for Arena Mode? I want to add contracts, so that an arena unit will be associated with a specific faction. This will determine the mecha available for purchase and also who your enemies will be while fighting. I also want to make missions selectable; you will have a choice of several missions instead of just being given one at random. Improving your unit's contacts will result in a wider range of missions. I could maybe even add an arena campaign structure of some type or another. There are all kinds of possibilities, and the great thing is most of them wouldn't be too hard to implement.</blockquote>GearHead is one of the better roguelikes out there, so give it a try.
<br>
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
I'm waiting around for a later release. The RPG mode is really the part I'm interested in. You should share some of your art contacts with him, VD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom