Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
You know what I'm talking about. Which one of you crackhead motherfuckers pulled this shit? I thought the codex was against streamlining. Dividing the forum into these sub-boards just encourages wanton developer and producer circle jerks. It's like looking at a Twitter feed for fuck sake.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
At first, when the Codex was young and had only just hatched from the rock under which it was left, there was the RPG Discussion Forum - where all RPGs were discussed. And then shit happened and stuff and long story short we ended up with multiple RPG forums and they were split by type of game and everyone whined like "waah Jaesun why did you move my thread" but we sort of left it like that for a long time not really knowing what to do about it but then we ended up with mega-threads and JESUS FUCK how do you navigate a 900 page thread about one game?

Finally though, we have a way to once and all resolve the "waaah where should my thread go" concern and stop the rise of the "every post ever made about this game goes here" mega-threads.

codex_stats.png

Last edited:

drae

Augur
It looks terrible, it smells terrible, DU's defence of the idea fucking sounds terrible...

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I understand the reasoning, but I'm not crazy about it either. We've got to do a lot of clicking and loading now to see what's new in all those subforums.

Micmu

Magister
User mentioned "Rex"
Jesus christ, what a fucking retarded idea.
Worst codex modification since its conception.

You might well pull Rex back for admin at this point

Fuck you all and goodbye

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm not entirely thrilled with the new layout myself. I've always been against mega-threads, but I'm not really sure if this will stop them. We might end up with a bunch of sub-forums each with one mega-thread.

But if it does cut back on them, I can deal with it, though it is more awkward.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think a Wasteland 2 and maybe an Eternity subforum is warranted because of their mega-threads. Other than that I dun like it.

Repressed Homosexual
What sucks about all other forums is the endless ghetto subforums that no one cares about or uses. Congratulations for devolving yet again. This is exactly what's going to happen: no one will start these discussions anymore in barely frequented ghetto subforums and people will just start them in the main section to get traction, then rightfully complain when they are moved by Jaesun. And this is more than ridiculous.

Change it back.

:Flash:

Arcane
The sub forums was my idea. What do you guys think?
Making people click at 14 links and look at 14 different pages instead of 2 as it was before must surely be the bestest idea you've ever had.

Seriously, WTF? Does the Codex need the advertising money so badly it has to force increase page views, or what?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Oh dear. I hope this is another "The Management" joke, but since it's so hot on the heels of the Horikita Maki stunt, I'm concerned that it's not.

If it is a joke: Very funny! :lol:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
RPGCodex is like the Youtube of of RPG forums. Changing shit for no reason every 6 months.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron

If GOG is anything to go by people will post in the main RPG forum if they want quick answers and lively discussions, and most of the sub forums will end up with very little activity.
So I'm sceptical.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
RPGCodex is like the Youtube of of RPGs. Changing shit for no reason every 6 months.

You probably mean RPG FORUMS, not RPGs.

But yes, pretty much like Youtube. As soon as everyone gets used to the way things are, they're changed to a more shitty version for no reason.

mondblut

Arcane

Are you like that homosexual from an anecdote who dreamt of becoming a soccer ref so that 40000 spectators would yell "faggot!" at him?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom