Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

drae

Augur
The sub forums was my idea. What do you guys think?

You've turned the Codex into a more tedious place to hang out. I'm seriously unimpressed.

hiver

Is this some attempt to make none butthurt about the category their game has been put in?

You wouldn't want some action rpg popamole lovers to be butthurt would you?
New audiences must be served eh?

jesus fuck some asshole whined about their game being put into aaa mainstream category!!! QUICK LETS FUCK UP THE WHOLE FORUMS SO THAT FUCKING BITCH IS PLEASED!!!

mondblut

Arcane
So Codex now has very special subforums dedicated to such award-winning developers as Bethesda, Bioware and Blizzard. Congrats. In b4 Fallout 4 fullscreen advertisements.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
RPGCodex is like the Youtube of of RPGs. Changing shit for no reason every 6 months.

You probably mean RPG FORUMS, not RPGs.

But yes, pretty much like Youtube. As soon as everyone gets used to the way things are, they're changed to a more shitty version for no reason.

Yes, that's what I mean, edited and thank you.

drae

Augur
Heading into the 'Origin systems' subforum is just depressing. There's been 10 topics in 5 months and no discussion for almost a month. It feels deserted, I feel like there won't be any replies to any posts I make there. This shit does not encourage participation!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
This is my opinion, screencapped from staff forum (username of person I'm quoting censored to prevent lynching).

tlxceUn.png

A lock stops the megathreads (better than this does even), and having a single RPG forum (perhaps a separate japshit one though) prevents the "WAH WHERE DOES MY SHIT GO?" just as much as this does.

Last edited:

Absalom

A blizzard subforum? What RPG's have they even made?

christ

EDIT: o right, Diablo :balance:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
A lock stops the megathreads, and having a single RPG forum (perhaps a separate japshit one though) prevents the "WAH WHERE DOES MY SHIT GO?" just as much as this does.

Also, maybe create a custom image tag for P:E and Wasteland 2, so that all topics about those games will have the tag (just like the 'Kickstarter' tag or 'Vapourware' tag). That way you don't have to click through subforums but it will still be easy to find the different topics on those games.

Like LE said, why not tags or whatever? That way both people who get stressed out over too many threads or whatever and those who want lots of threads in one single place are happy. Trying to categorize everything is just stupid yo.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This is my opinion, screencapped from staff forum (username of person I'm quoting censored to prevent lynching).

tlxceUn.png

A lock stops the megathreads (better than this does even), and having a single RPG forum (perhaps a separate japshit one though) prevents the "WAH WHERE DOES MY SHIT GO?" just as much as this does.

Ah, so that's what's behind this. For what it's worth I think megathreads are good for unreleased games, since those tend to be full of unfounded speculation and bullshit arguments, containing it all in one thread preserves the rest of the forum. But for games that have been released so that it's actually worthwhile to discuss various aspects of the game, multiple threads are the best way.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The sub forums was my idea. What do you guys think?

You know thing are going down the crapper when the Codex starts copying the Watch,I thought having to open a dozen tabs to check all the rpg forums would be something only they would do to do but I guess I was wrong

:decline::decline::decline:

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
This is the best troll ever. Hopefully it'll last at least a week and induce a lot of whining and butthurt.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hirato I just thought we might want a private Wasteland 2 beta forum, not this abomination.

I don't really see anything wrong with discussing wasteland 2's beta in the inXile sub-forum. Maybe add a "beta" prefix with a strict "no spoilers in the title" policy?
Besides, such a private forum would likely exclude users like myself who contributed sufficiently to the kickstarter, but not to the Codex fundraiser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom