Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

Cassidy

Arcane
Before I forget...

The sub forums was my idea. What do you guys think?

gay_activists.jpg

Black_Willow

Arcane
I propose an even better solution: one sub-forum for every letter of the alphabet. For example Arcanum, Arx Fatalis and Alpha Protocol threads would all go into the "A" forum.
I have an even better idea: megathreads for each letter in the alphabet. That would make even more nxt-gn than Something Awfull!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Another reason why this sucks. Previously when I enterted RPG Discussion I just took a look at the screen, and I saw what topics I'm interested in. Now, all I see are company names, and I would have to enter all of them to check it, if there is something interesting. These stupid sub-forums will decrease forum activity.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
These stupid sub-forums will decrease forum activity.

No.

Shit publishers with devs making shit cRPG-wannabes of fuck are what will decrease forum activity for the cRPG section.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I don't play Rpgs anymore besides Dark Souls, so good riddance i say.

LivingOne

Savant
Hey guise how about randomly generated subforums each containing different threads every time you click them??UH?UH?

On a serious note I'd be ok with either going back to cRPG vs popamole or released vs unreleased.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lately the Classic RPG forum was moving a little too fast for my tastes. Often a one week old thread was already on page 2. IIRC DU doesn't like that also and I think that's why the staff want to change things. With the imminent arrival of several anticipated RPGs it will only get worst. So let's say a forum split is indeed in order.

I propose a forum for Unreleased RPGs. Whether it's announced, kickstarted, in development, a demo, alpha or beta, it goes there. Once officially released, a new thread is created in the proper forum. Almost half the active threads of RPG Discussion fall in this category so it's a effective split in my opinion.

Also bring back General RPG Discussion. And maybe make a forum for Action RPGs.
Expanding on this idea, if we must have multiple subforums, let's try to keep as few as possible and divide them down lines that no one can argue with - the monocle RPG / popamole RPG line has always been blurry. How about a scheme like this:
Ancient RPGs - Games released 1989 and earlier
Classic RPGs - Games released between 1990 and 2004
Modern RPGs - Games released 2005 and onward
Unreleased Games - games that aren't out yet

That would divide discussion and nobody could argue about where certain games go. Additionally, megathreads could be locked to kill them. If that isn't enough subforums they could be additionally broken down into 1990-1995, 1996-2000, 2001-2005, 2006-2010, and 2011+, or something like that. In any case, I think it would be better than the current system.

Do this except, probably drop Ancient RPG category, or set the cutoff at 1995. Then the cutoffs would be pre-Fallout and post-Troika.

Huh. Management™ should divide GD into subcategories instead, and revert CRPG subforum back to previous state. It's not even that funny, and at least Maki-chan was adblockable.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
Huh. Management™ should divide GD into subcategories instead, and revert CRPG subforum back to previous state. It's not even that funny, and at least Maki-chan was adblockable.

You couldn't use adblock to restore previous avatars, and if seeing a japanese girl a couple of times over three days causes you such trauma that you need to block the image, you have serious issues.

You couldn't use adblock to restore previous avatars, and if seeing a japanese girl a couple of times over three days causes you such trauma that you need to block the image, you have serious issues.
Mate, if you enjoyed looking at the same picture of some japanese girl over and over and over and over again - something's wrong with you.

ColCol

Arcane
Yeah, kind of annoying. Zaps what little entuhaism I have. Not to mention it is lacking a "What is a rpg" section.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
don't see how this is even necessary... it's not like there are that many RPGs coming out or being discussed to make the old system unwieldy enough to warrant this balkanization of the forums

Delterius

Arcane
I dearly hope that whenever someone tries to create a thread in the new subforums, their heretical efforts are streamlined right back into a megathread.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
guess the staff is very bored nowadays

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom