Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline [ANOTHER POLL] The Worst Decision Ever Made On RPG Codex

What is the absolute worst decision that's ever taken place here at Codex?

• Jaesun's utterly retarded changes to GRPG. What the fuck?

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • Briefly putting Crispy in charge of GD. Duh.

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Taking away custom avatars. a.k.a. The Prosecution of TheWesDude

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Banning Jim Profit. This should get exactly one vote.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Something else that I'll specify below but that will be a complete waste of time to even consider.

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters

Esquilax

Arcane
Already a comparison to Hitler? A bit melodramatic, aren't we?

Still, I do think that there has been too much fucking around over the past couple of weeks. The Japanese girl avatars, changing the way that the CRPG forums are structured, and now the return of the button parade that's slowing everything down on my computer - it's getting completely ridiculous at this point. LOLOLOL butthurt, whatever, can we just go back to normal and stop fucking with things every five minutes?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Already a comparison to Hitler? A bit melodramatic, aren't we?

Still, I do think that there has been too much fucking around over the past couple of weeks. The Japanese girl avatars, changing the way that the CRPG forums are structured, and now the return of the button parade that's slowing everything down on my computer - it's getting completely ridiculous at this point. LOLOLOL butthurt, whatever, can we just go back to normal and stop fucking with things every five minutes?

I think this post deserves a 'k.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Not making me an admin.

How much are you offering? :smug:

Being a long-standing member of the Codex, I realize that an active and engaged user base is key to the survival and expansions of any 'community' a term for which, unfortunately, the codex as a whole qualifies. As an Admin it would be my prime responsibility to ensure the best for the Codex. Among other things, for this purpose I would be willing to guarantee that I would more than double my historic post rate for the duration of my term of administration.

I believe the value is apparent regarding the offer for twice as many posts of the quality for which I strive and the other benefits that would be obviously conferred by bringing on a person with my long and, if I may be so bold, distinguished history of ignoring forum moderator and admin responsibilities.

Of course, I realize that making someone an administrator is not a trivial undertaking and requires time and resources of the person who initiates the applicant. If you are interested in bringing me on for the reason I described, we can discuss the application, initiation, recurring maintenance and other fees in a more private setting.

Also, as a bonus, keep me an admin long enough and I will add a looping soundtrack of Patience and Prudence's "A Smile and a Ribbon" to the background of each page.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Let it be known that GRPG is back to its original format. I would like to thank Jaesun for either making this happen, or, if he had no choice, for at least not objecting to the reversion too strongly.

I'd also like to thank DarkUnderlord for capitulating, and I'd like to gently encourage him to consider dropping the new post rating system, since, unless I'm mistaken, it seems to have had the effect of causing a bit of consternation around here. I think it was worth it, but try not to punish us for too long, okay?

Anyway, job done.

Last edited:

himmy

Arcane

"Should I mourn your decline?
Should I mourn your decline?
Should I mourn your decline?
Should I mourn your final decline?

No, I will drink to your decline
I will drink to your decline
I will drink to your decline
I will drink to your decline"

LeJosh

Savant
Allowing registrations.

I voted for the sub-section monstrosity, dear god... the mess...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom