Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's run rings around Blood Bowl F13 Season 8 - Three Codexers in Play Offs

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
June 14, 2013
Season 7 Finals
05.jpg

06.jpg

AFTER01.png

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
So, you're back for season 8? Will it be as gloriously trollish as season 7?

One can never predict where the dice falls.
But yes, we are going in with the same team.

RK47

Patron
List of confirmed teams - Race & TV
01 Fursecution - Skaven 1330
02 Hazardous Hippie - Wood Elves Unknown
03 Ye Olde Albion Patriots - Humans 970
04 Chaos String Theorists - Chaos 1270
05 Camp Town OrcBoyz - Orcs 1560
06 Power Team Volcano - Chaos Dwarf Unknown
07 Vibrant Filling - Chaos 1000
08 The First Ladies - Chaos Dwarf Unknown
09 Burrowing Beetles - Khemri 1430
10 Keep Rolling! - Dwarf 1340
11 Bleating Nurgle - 1880
12 The Minizillas - Lizardmen 2100
13 Best with the Mess - Underworld 1320
14 Reborne's Wrestlers - Ogres 2120
15 Knights of Codexia - Humans 1720

RK47

Patron
inb4 losing to Fursecution in a final.

:rpgcodex:

3 Dwarves, 2 Chaos, 1 Ork, 1 Nurgle, 1 Ogre, 1 Khemri even, Lizardmen...
The amount of bash in this upcoming season is going to crush a lot of teams.
A few of us may not make it out alive.

Our pair of AV6 Catchers, Azira and stabby better buy some insurance.
:codexisfor:
azira.jpg

Azira (Catcher)
SPP 34
Skills: Dodge - Catch - Diving Catch - Block - Sure Feet
Injuries: Fractured Skull -1 AV
Career Highlights: 13 Catches, 9 Touchdowns

stabby (Catcher)
SPP 50
Skills: Dodge - Catch - Sprint - Sure Feet - Block
Injuries: Serious Concussion -1 AV
Career Highlights: 4 MVPs, 9 Touchdowns, 5 Injuries

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Blitzer Roster

ww.jpg

Jaedar
SPP 23
Skills: Block - Dodge - Guard
Career Highlights: 9 KOs inflicted

Brother None
SPP 14
Skills: Block - Guard
Career Highlights: 4 Touchdowns

Whitewolf
SPP 64
Skills: Block - Mighty Blow - Frenzy - Stand Firm - Dodge
Injuries: Niggling injury (+1 Injury Roll)
Career Highlights: 22 Injuries inflicted, 3 Kills, 19 KOs

Gondolin
SPP 21
Skills: Block - Guard - Tackle
Career Highlights: 5 Injuries & 5 KOs inflicted

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
xeno.jpg

The Lone Ranger
XenomorphII
SPP 45
Skills: Throw - Sure Hands - Accurate - Block - Safe Throw
Career Highlights: 20 Passes & 3 MVPs, 220 Yards Passed, 452 Yards Running.

ogre.jpg

The Ugly
Jasede's Boyfriend aka Hirato
SPP 5
Skills: Bone-head - Mighty Blow - Thick Skull - Loner - Anime
Career Highlights: 1 MVP

line.jpg

The Guardsmen
eklektyk
SPP 11
Skills: Guard
Career Highlights: 2 Touchdowns, Sustained 13 Knockdowns, 6 Stuns, 5 KOs, and 2 Injuries

LundB
SPP 7
Skills: Guard, Trolling, Chinese Language
Career Highlights: Sustained 13 Knockdowns, 9 Stuns, 2 KOs, and 2 Injuries

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
And the rest...
angelo.jpg

Angelo85
SPP: 12
Skills: Kick
Career Highlights: Played all 21 Matches, 2 MVPs

Hellraiser
SPP: 4
Skills: Getting hit a lot and hitting back
Career Highlights: Inflicted 6 KOs and 1 Casualty. Sustained 4 Injuries and 7 KOs.

Newbies:
Arkay (Catcher) - 1 Match
Garm (Lineman) - 3 Matches

BB_LE%202013-10-31%2000-35-48-15.jpg

BB_LE%202013-10-31%2000-36-37-92.jpg

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is gonna be glorious.

Imagine the trolling you can pull off now that you will have the better team in a lot of games!

RK47

Patron
I'm gonna start their team review tomorrow. But the grouping won't be confirmed until the first week of November is over I think.
Also...

We don't have apo. :lol:

Erebus

Arcane
I take it you chose your team motto in order to generate maximum butthurt ?

stabby

Learned

Actually that was some completely unrelated butthurt RK caused on their boards, and iirc I do believe it became our team motto the week he was playing the guy who was the most offended by it (or was that the league admin? I can never remember, and don't feel like going back there to remind myself).

Anyhoo, 50sp of delicious gooey-ness covered by a thin, 6AV candy coating: place your bets peoples, when is stabby the catcher going to die? I'm saying game three, on the first drive of the second half.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Good to be back on the field coach!

I'll try not to be the LVP again.

RK47

Patron

Actually that was some completely unrelated butthurt RK caused on their boards, and iirc I do believe it became our team motto the week he was playing the guy who was the most offended by it (or was that the league admin? I can never remember, and don't feel like going back there to remind myself).

Anyhoo, 50sp of delicious gooey-ness covered by a thin, 6AV candy coating: place your bets peoples, when is stabby the catcher going to die? I'm saying game three, on the first drive of the second half.

not when ur caged by 4 guardsmen, oh wait you're not azira ho ho ho

RK47

Patron
Flashbacks: Season 7
It went like this:
We started badly in the group qualifiers.
4BK8Far.jpg

But somehow on the final group match day we didn't need to win to advance!
The coach, realizing this, invoked his genius and allowed the team to relinquish their unbeaten record to lose 3-1 and made it through at 4th place with a 2 win 4 draws and 1 intentional loss record. :smug:

Play-offs are kinda crazy, but we all know how it went, I was hiding my true talent behind the shaky qualifier performance.

01.png

And then came our finest moment:
Semis.png

Knights beat Insatiables. AAR by opposing coach:
Knights 2 - 1 Ladies

Well, that ends my run. I'm pretty happy getting to the quarters with a TV1000 team. I expected to end up in the Failoffs, so this is gravy. Another season and I think The Ladies will be a force to be reckoned with. Eleanor Roosevelt needs block and break tackle. After that she's golden.

I struggled all game with my MA limitations. I chose to receive, and my drive started out pretty normally, but I rushed a bit around turn 4 and lost the ball. After a flub on RK's ogre I managed to get an advantage deep in RK's territory and scored on my turn seven. RK had two turns to score, and after my cursed blitz against his catcher he was able to do a hand-off and run...and then failed the gfi in the endzone, ending the first half 1-0.

The second half opened with RK scoring on, I think, his third round. After that it was up to me to score the tie-breaker. RK set up to his right side and had a great kick, which I was poorly prepared for. The next three turns were made up of me struggling to retain the ball, but eventually failing to do so, and RK scored his second TD. I had three turns to turn it around, and managed a great pass/handoff to Eleanor Roosevelt, along with a trot downfield, but RK was able to swarm me again and I was unable to score in the end.

It was a good game, and RK used all of his advantages with the humans. I was absolutely unable to break his armor, and he had some great blocking dice. Good luck to RK against Megrim. That's going to be a fun match to watch.

Vermins sees off the Helmets. AAR by both playing coaches:
Vermin - 2
Helmets - 1

3rd matchup between these sides in 2 seasons ends in a classic 2-1 grind.

Gruntle probably deserved better for his tentacle play keeping my GRs in TZs, but in the end, it turned out Cheddar Persille is pretty fast.

A dead thrower, dead linerat, and a another linerat with miss next game, but nothing too critical.
Actually not even that, the first half was just embarrassing, the sure footed Cheddar tripped and fell with the ball twice. Chaos had three turns of only pushing before two sets of double skulls took down the mino. And then completely failed to set up on their seventh turn to do anything with their eighth turn. A lot of spotty coverage and a lack of ball control makes that extra sad. In the second half, KOs and injuries piled up until there was a point where Ramas only fielded 3 line rats but still had al 4 of the overly resilient gutter runners (cheddar's MNG was apoth'd to badly hurt to keep him in) but that was still an easy one turn score for the rats with leap.

Culminating in the final where Vermins beat Knights in a shootout 4-3.

Season 7 Final Standings:
s7final.png

Note:
-This table is not meant to show final finish, merely to show each team's season's performance and such.
-There will be quite a number of returning teams. I'll cover them when the group divisions are announced.

Season 7 Review
Knights of Codexia

5 Wins 4 Draws 2 Losses
19 out of 33 Points - Joint #3 out of 32
21 Touchdowns - #6 out of 32
18 Pass Completions - #3 out of 32
20 Catches - #3 out of 32
37 KOs inflicted - #2 out of 32
24 Injuries inflicted - #5 out of 32
2 Kills inflicted - Joint #3 out of 32
856 Yards gained by running - #2 out of 32
178 Yards gained by passing - #4 out of 32

Season 7 Hall of Fame
Top Passer: XenomorphII - 14 Completions (#1) 116 yards (#2)
Top Receiver: Azira - 8 Completions (#3)
Most Violent: Whitewolf - 13 Casualties (#2) 42 Knocked Downs (#2) 2 Kills (#1)

Remember the fallen:
good little toastboy - KIA - Pre-seasons
Humppaleka - Retirement
Corporate_Jew_Master AKA John Riccitiello - Tactical Dismissal
Ulminati - KIA - Group Qualifiers

Good luck, boys. AND RUN FASTER!
cooch.png

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Warm Up 01: Welcome back!
Hey guys, let's do an actual LP for once!
Today's warm up game before real season starts is between Big Blue Balls (Human) and Orangina (Dark Elves)

01.jpg

Dark Elves are the toughest AG4 team to wound. They're not the fastest, but they still have natural agility to play the passing and dodge game. What they lack are basic skills to further enhance the AG-plays like passing, dodge, etc. But the biggest positive for the Dark Elves is the ability to start with 4 Blitzers and Armor Value 8 for durability. A fully developed Dark Elf team is borderline cheating. If you meet one in table top and loses, flip the table and shove his Witch Elf figurine down into your underwear.

Humans play a different ball game. They don't have amazing player statistics, but they make it up with a natural skill set that accurately matches their given roles. Four speedy (MA7) blitzers with Block, Catchers (MA8) with Dodge and Catch, Throwers with Sure Hands and Pass. Together with the Ogre (ST5) they form a play that can be switched between outright bash or a risky passing play or slow caging runs to the end zone. It doesn't work all the time, but with patience and persistence they can drive their more naturally gifted opponents mad.

Warning: Humans are not for angry people who rages all the time when defeated. It's for people who like to blame their team's natural deficiency for their losses and praise their own tactical genius for their victories.

In other words: Troll freely. You're the underdog.

Now on with the game...
Dark Elves won the coin toss and chose to Kick.

02.jpg

There's no easy break-away in a game vs Dark Elves, aside from the Ogre, Humans don't have much of an advantage. Anyways, I setup a thrower, catcher and lino at the back. While the rest get ready to form a cage or blitz through.

Oh wait, here's the kick off event....

03.jpg

Awesome. You can either choose a catcher or thrower. This is a free pick up roll at the start. I picked Jasede (catcher) to deal with it. I want to try something risky.

04.jpg

08.jpg

And he did not disappoint. OK, so I'm going to have a good 8 MA ball movement on my turn. With that in mind, I pushed everyone forward, breaking a hole through the left spreading out receivers.

05.jpg

I'm a big fan of this setup, but at 1000TV, this is too risky. Since this is an exhibition match, I decided to go for flash than substance. RK47 and Orange is in position to score if they receive a ball in their turn. This puts pressure on the opposition to mark/blitz them. Orange is less so, since he seems to be in no-man's land. But a little blitz here and there, and a space might open up in the middle. Also, DramaticPopcorn (Thrower) is placed just behind two covers, ready to receive a handover and make a pass if need be.

06.jpg

shadenuat (Lino) ends the turn with a both down.

Orangina's turn. Blitz.
09.jpg

10.jpg

:smug: Our two receivers are still upright.

12.jpg

The elves decides to mark our players and notice Orange is unmarked? That's our scoring option right there.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
02 - To Fuck Up is Human
01.jpg

shadenuat gets up. Then I shifted LundB to the left for assist job.

02.jpg

There's the path. Let's go!

03.jpg

Turisas blitzes! Target down.

04.jpg

Parked him there for assist.
It's time for the long haul...

05.jpg

A handover is passing move to an adjacent player. It does not require the launcher to roll any throwing pass. Only the receiver needs to make an AG roll to succeed. But of course DramaticPopcorn will fuck it up, cause he likes drama.

06.jpg

Burning a reroll...and....

07.jpg

See how shitty human is? This ain't my fault man.

08.jpg

Whatever.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
wtf u were taping us?

Only screencapped (393 shots) It's a refresher course. Also I wanna know how comfortable am I in screencapping at 2 min timers.
It's good to review what went wrong and what went right, no?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom