Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Lords of Xulima Launches Kickstarter Campaign

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Kickstarter; Lords of Xulima

Lords of Xulima, unique turn-based RPG with first-person combat and isometric exploration that recently got over $10,000 on IndieGoGo, has now arrived on Kickstarter in an attempt to reach its further stretch goals:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1446315704/lords-of-xulima-an-epic-story-of-gods-and-humans

Lords of Xulima is an isometric, turn-based, single-player, 2D role-playing game. It is set on a mythical lost continent called Xulima, where the world makers lived in ancient times. The game features a vast, challenging world where you will lead Gaulen the Explorer and five of his companions on an epic journey filled with the struggles of Gods and Humans.

Lords of Xulima is inspired by the spirit of the old school classics such as Ultima, Might & Magic and Wizardry. It has also been heavily influenced by Baldur’s Gate and includes elements of Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and even King's Bounty. Lords of Xulima subtly combines the best elements of these titles with new ideas to make a unique gaming experience in the world of RPGs.​

The base goal is again $10,000, this time aimed at introducing a new enemy and quest as well as additional character portraits. At $20,000 the team intends to implement a new character class, The Divine Summoner.

$15 gets you an "early bird" copy of the game. Study the reward tiers here.

You can also support Lords of Xulima on Steam Greenlight, where the game is currently in the top 25.

CWagner

Augur
We were going to tell that to explain in the first update :o)

We are going to add a "5$ upgrade" reward so that IndieGoGo pledgers can get the "Talisman of Golot" reward, that it is the only one which wasn't in the IndieGoGo campaign.

In case someone wants it.

belated

Augur
There. Backed.

Should have used the codex link though, for the referer stats. :p

I really like the new character portraits which was one of the Indiegogo goals.
d184d4bde971dfbaecf3928f09fbaabf_large.jpg

Captain Shrek

I am a bit worried that they have severely underestimated the money they can get from Kickstarter. And that they need more. Unfortunately I am not entirely sure how far exactly they are in production to make any informed guess. Does anyone seem to know the details of current status? It would be a pity if they struggle since this really looks like a game worthy of cRPG title.

EDIT:

oh

"Lord of Xulima is currently 70% complete and will be finished and launched regardless of the results of the Kickstarter campaign."

Captain Shrek

We were going to tell that to explain in the first update :o)

We are going to add a "5$ upgrade" reward so that IndieGoGo pledgers can get the "Talisman of Golot" reward, that it is the only one which wasn't in the IndieGoGo campaign.

In case someone wants it.
I don't want it, but nevertheless I want to give you 5 dorrah,

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I backed. I'd like to go in for more but I've got all my moneys tied up in another KS right now.

kaizoku

Arcane
It sucks that it's going so slow.

Why isn't the internet working? :(

BTW, the goals thing look confusing as fuck.
Most people won't understand they're coming from the indiegogo campaign.
Where in fact they should have started as a blank state in KS.

I was a bit sleepy when I read the KS page but I didn't get that message of "help us make the best game possible by adding all this cool stuff".

drae

Augur
There goes my theory that it wasn't getting any money because it wasn't on kickstarter :(

It's a little strange that stretch goals start at $0. The stretch goals are rather underwhelming as well. At least describe all the areas that will benefit from having the extra money or people will get the feeling that the money isn't needed.

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
Hey folks!

A special thanks for all the participation. Things are actually going really well; we've made a few improvements to our campaign approach since IndieGoGo, and we expect to advance at a steady pace. RPGCodex was one of the first sites to man up and spread the news (!), and we expect many more will follow in the upcoming week. In-between 3 quick recaps, we'll be releasing some cool Kickstarter updates to keep things interesting and reveal more about our game. At the end of the day we feel that is the biggest challenge: Communicating what makes Lords of Xulima so great, and then making sure people know about it. So please keep spreading the word if you can help us with that =)

To address a few interesting bits that came up so far:
  • The Talisman of Golot will whisper cryptic fragments of lore to the player, about Xulima's past and future. We put this in the game to enhance the immersion of our backers, although it may still come in handy when you need it the most.
  • Kicking it Forward is something we are actively discussing, thank you for the suggestion! If there are other ways you'd like to help us succeed, feel free to contact info@numantiangames.com. Every hand makes a difference.
  • We are hard at work assembling a nice, compact gameplay footage video from the latest version. We also wish to improve the stretch goal descriptions/perks somehow, but rest assured that every goal is a guaranteed ~4 extra hours of content and art/soundtrack, along with whatever else we promise to deliver (such as new classes, creatures or events).
  • The Ulnalum Guardians will not only be an extra zone & dungeon; we are looking to insert mini-bosses throughout narrow passes that were previously safe on the world map, adding an exciting new element of danger to world exploration. Perphaps this will give more insight into some of the things we wish to accomplish with stretch goals.
The next month is going to be quite a journey. See you soon!

tecl.png

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If there are other ways you'd like to help us succeed, feel free to contact info@numantiangames.com. Every hand makes a difference.

When a site (or a famous internet personality) posts about your game/KS campaign make sure you:

a) link that article in your KS comments section
b) put the link on the front page of your KS page
c) tweet about it/retweet and like their Twitter status
d) like and share it on Facebook

Try contacting Matt Barton for an interview and Jesse Cox, Force Strategy Game, Total Biscuit, Ohmwrecker and Angry Joe for a gameplay video of your latest build.

Their minimum amount on Kickstarter should be equivalent of the amount that they require too meet the next stretch goal (after the cut that Amazon and KS take for themselves).

P.S. they should also have everything prepared and worked out in advance. Marketing (contacting e-zines for news and interviews, making forum topics, twitter/facebook/everyfucking social network in existance, steam greenlight, official page, everything) and the campaign (nice pitch video, good description with a lot of nice images, made-in-advance stretch goals that will be gradually revealed and posted in less than an hour after the current one is met, frequent updates, narrated walkthrough videos, interviews of their team members, conversing with people on KS page).

I've already gave you some general advice on how to run things but if you requite some additional help I can always say a few more words (although everything has been discussed to death by other people not only on RPGCodex but on other sites as well).

CWagner

Augur
The Talisman of Golot will whisper cryptic fragments of lore to the player, about Xulima's past and future.

Oh, so I do actually want it? You should have said so right away :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom