Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Dark Messiah review

suibhne

Erudite
I just started a blog, frog blast the vent core, as an outlet for occasional reviews and semi-random, semi-coherent thoughts on the industry. Not much content there yet, but I have posted a detailed review of Dark Messiah in case anyone's interested. Have at it. :wink:

Monolith

Prophet
suibhne said:
Give me another publication outlet and I'll agree. :D
What about bottle post? It really gets neglected nowadays...a shame, really a shame...

Texas Red

Whiner
Monolith said:
Blogs are for pussies. Like diaries.

What about journals? All RPG heroes have their own journals, no? Are you familiar with the expression "Updated my journal"?

aries202

Erudite
HI :)

I liked the review very much - especially the point were you stressed that the new game isn't an rpg, but an
FPS. And as such, it is a pretty good one.

aries202

suibhne

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
suibhne said:
You want to post reviews here?

I didn't intend to angle for that, no, but in retrospect I can see how it could've looked that way. :lol:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Bah said:
Going to have to pick RPGs to review first.
Dark Messiah is an RPG. Look, Wikipedia says so!

Wikipedia: Dark Messiah said:
The game is a first person role playing game which lets you choose to one of many charcters from a Mighty Warrior to a Wise Mage
If the masses think it's an RPG, the Codex can review it.

suibhne said:
DarkUnderlord said:
suibhne said:
I didn't intend to angle for that, no, but in retrospect I can see how it could've looked that way. :lol:
You didn't answer my question! Seriously, we think Saint's died so we need more staff.

denizsi

Arcane

At first, I was against this idea since if the developers didn't advertise it (the game in question) as an RPG but I'm not sure any more. As for Dark Messiah however, I don't think the wikipedia article represents the masses or masses do really think it's an RPG, so it shouldn't be really here in my opinion.

edit: some corrections

EEVIAC

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:

Arkane have said countless times that its not an RPG. The Guild 2 would probably qualify as an RPG more than DMoMM.

You didn't answer my question! Seriously, we think Saint's died so we need more staff.

If you're looking for staff, there's this guy called Sol Invictus who runs his own RPG site and a Hellgate London fansite.

And I hope Saint's not dead. Maybe he's decided to wear animal skins and hunt elk for the rest of his life.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
EEVIAC said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Arkane have said countless times that its not an RPG.
And Bethesda have said countless times that Oblivion is, yet we all know the real truth behind that. Your point?

EEVIAC said:
The Guild 2 would probably qualify as an RPG more than DMoMM.
Well, if you write a review for it, sure. Seriously Silent Storm review. Escape Velocity Nova review. If it even has a sniff of RPG elements, we get to review it.

EEVIAC said:
If you're looking for staff, there's this guy called Sol Invictus who runs his own RPG site and a Hellgate London fansite.
Unfortunately for us, that guy is an idiot.

EEVIAC

Erudite
DU said:
And Bethesda have said countless times that Oblivion is, yet we all know the real truth behind that. Your point?

Fair enough.

I'm getting both The Guild 2 and NWN2 on Thursday. I'll play them over the weekend and submit something. If you think think its suitable and you can use it, I'll write a more comprehensive review.

LCJr.

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
Bah said:
Going to have to pick RPGs to review first.
Dark Messiah is an RPG. Look, Wikipedia says so!

Wikipedia: Dark Messiah said:
The game is a first person role playing game which lets you choose to one of many charcters from a Mighty Warrior to a Wise Mage

suibhne said:
DarkUnderlord said:
suibhne said:

Died of shame maybe. He kinda disappeared after the GH incident.

Stark

Liturgist
suibhne,

that is a very well written review. much better than some of the professional site reviews.

you may well consider getting it posted in this site, as DarkUnderlord suggested.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Nick the Imperial said:
I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saint's been re-incarnated as Nick the Imperial? Oh what a cruel world.

MacBone

Scholar
Poor little guy just wants some lovin'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom