Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm trying to say that we keep bad company too. So if you're trying to say "Fuck those guys, they're slavers! We don't wanna be around them!" it's really preachy because our Master is the most brutal son-of-a-bitch around.
It has to do with personal preferences. I don't know about Jing, but I do not want to be around them. Yes, I made that choice out of what I wanted to see happen, and not what would benefited Jing most. I wanted to say 'fuck off' to Gao's face, and I paid the price. Sue me.
And you know my opinion of Zhang pretty damn well.

Tigranes

Arcane
So.... if your decision is purely personal preference, the rest of us can ignore it, right?

I think healing ourselves is top priority, given the Fire Cult deadline is coming up. THey said 6 months after the tournament, we got ourselves injured a little after that, and then treave said 6 months to heal, so that's cutting it pretty close without expert help. Wudang is cool, sure, but I don't see how specifically they could help with what at the moment.

And yeah, to be realistic, if you send a young and rather brash pugilist out with your sacred sword, I don't think you're going to be super shocked that it was lost.

Baltika9

Arcane
About the Cult, given our proximity to Yunzi and the effect her and Jing are having on one another, well, I think we can sabotage the Cult's plans through her. And Wang can also analyze her neiggong, like he did to ours, and give us an analysis.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tigranes said:
So.... if your decision is purely personal preference, the rest of us can ignore it, right?
I didn't notice you writing down everything I say. You are free to make your own desicions based on whatever suits you, as I am.

Or are you trying to imply that everyone here have reached enlightment and are impartial? That you do not make choices based on your preferences?

Each of us wants a certain story to unfold, and it is no surprise that the story varies from person to person. If you don't like mine, well, tough luck.

Tigranes

Arcane
:roll:

About the Cult, given our proximity to Yunzi and the effect her and Jing are having on one another, well, I think we can sabotage the Cult's plans through her. And Wang can also analyze her neiggong, like he did to ours, and give us an analysis.

Yes, that's the part of it we haven't really worked on yet. There are so many different moving parts at the moment, but the Fire Cult is going to come back into relevance in a few months and we should use this opportunity to find out what we can through Yunzi. After all, ZJ's challenge is linked to this, too. At least the good thing about both of us being pursued is it builds solidarity...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm definitely curious about the demon toad powers. Being poisoned seems key to unlocking more. It'll be fun the next time we see Qiling, or whatever it is she's called. She'll try some new poison on us, just because, and we'll go toad on her! Imagine her surprise (and glee, most likely). :yeah:

GreyViper

Prophet
B best healing and maybe more, the harem ending needs more progress. But yeah it was a hard encounter and did cost much and mostly its the sword that I have a regret we lost. I do hope its worth it.

RealDDc

Learned
Toad powers need imminent and promptly further investigation, how can this even be questioned.

Those whom seek for the protagonists utmost power, this is definitely some crazy stuff to play with.
Those whom are sheepish and better select a secure road, well this infestation could possibly be harmful if not under proper control.
Those whom wish a more briskly sexual life for the protagonist, well you can imagine it for yourself if he walks around with greenish balloon lips.

Kipeci

Arcane
Hm.

We are visiting Cao'er early with B, and it's been a long time since we've met the Wudang folks... I'd like to say that we can do that later, but we probably can't and that's a terrible argument. I'll consider flopping with more discuss.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave can you give any slight hints about how B would have gone down?

Gao Ying would still have attacked: running away is the actual trigger, rather than anything you say. He deems you dangerous enough that he'd rather try and off you on the spot if he can if he cannot bring you in, instead of doing the whole leave you alive for my own ends thing that could easily backfire on him considering your unpredictability.

B would have made him hesitate just a slight bit, as implied earlier, and that was all the difference. Whether this means he is actually working for Shun or not is up in the air; this can be spun as an argument for either.

Baltika9

Arcane
Uh, treave, 100% serious question that I would very much like an answer to: does Lord Zhang's "if you lose/give away the Yuchang sword, I will kill you myself" still apply?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He really only said that to keep the nuns fighting you in first place.

But who knows what he'll think.

You better fucking hope he's in a good mood when he comes back, or have done some more awesome feats to amuse him. :lol:

Jester

Arbiter
We're so fucked. Game over, guys, game over.
Mby not i got a cunning plan.

He really only said that to keep the nuns fighting you in first place.
But who knows what he'll think.
You better fucking hope he's in a good mood when he comes back, or have done some more awesome feats to amuse him. :lol:
Jing learning how to transform into toad demon would count? We will be like family to Jue toad clan, actually its quite nice coincidence

a cut of domestic sheep prime

treave can you give any slight hints about how B would have gone down?

Gao Ying would still have attacked: running away is the actual trigger, rather than anything you say. He deems you dangerous enough that he'd rather try and off you on the spot if he can if he cannot bring you in, instead of doing the whole leave you alive for my own ends thing that could easily backfire on him considering your unpredictability.

B would have made him hesitate just a slight bit, as implied earlier, and that was all the difference. Whether this means he is actually working for Shun or not is up in the air; this can be spun as an argument for either.
Called it. Again, it was too much to risk with too little reward. Even if everything he told us was on the level, just saying we work for the prince means nothing. As an agent of the prince - as we are - he'd have to make the pragmatic choice and eliminate the perceived threat - as we did with the old man in the mansion. If he was lying, he'd attack us anyway AND who knows how he'd use the knowledge that we work for Shun.

As a side note, if we get perma-toaded, we might as well go for whatever castration power boost treave mentioned earlier. Sure Jing won't have much in the way of female companionship, but hey, something like 20 str, end, and agi would be nothing to sniff at either. :smug:

Tigranes

Arcane
I think given our queer neigong immunity, we should just team up with the exorcist dude instead and go around gathering up every ghost we can...

One_of_Many_SS_111811_185940.jpg

Kipeci

Arcane
Cao'er might stick with us! Maybe.

We probably need to explain why we kissed not only Yunzi but also a toad demon before her, though.

Baltika9

Arcane
Circumstances being what they are, I feel like we should tell Yunzi of our traumas and limited abilities. To prevent miscommunication.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom