Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, I feel like I must ask, will Jing be fighting to win, utilizing his neiggong and quinggong?

Yes, but he can always pretend that he's only using half his strength to avoid hurting people and hope they buy it. Though that excuse would sound lame if he loses.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, it would. On the other hand, with the Huehueshan types up there, pretending to be tough and chickening out/losing to them (you know they'll want a fight with the MTP) will be even worsd. Hm, may yet flop to A.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, it would. On the other hand, with the Huehueshan types up there, pretending to be tough and chickening out/losing to them (you know they'll want a fight with the MTP) will be even worsd. Hm, may yet flop to A.
We'll just challenge them to first defeat Guo Fu to determine if they are worthy to fight us. Our bro would be happy to oblige.
:troll:

Nevill

Arcane
We can be frank with him. He's a bro.
If he says he won't fight us before the Fire Cult challenge, nobody would raise an eyebrow.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'd go with A, but I don't like the possibility of maybe winning. Two maybes aren't good.
B
Let's talk them down.

Jester

Arbiter
B
Time to become wise trickster for friends, cos we look like meat grinder to enemies.
Would like to see Jing giving wise advice, their reaction would be hilarious.
Still i doubt that he will do that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Gotta go B here. Jing was worried that shmoe with the knife would give him trouble, but then Wu took him out no problem. Geez. I wish we had gone to see our healer. Being a gimp sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
Time to become wise trickster for friends, cos we look like meat grinder to enemies.
Hah, you mean becoming a whimsical, lecherous and extremely powerful ally, who would be very welcome and useful if he didn't do whatever the hell pleases him and disappear when it suits him? Sounds kinda like Doomrider.
:yeah:
I almost missed this, but:
“I’m not on their side,” you mutter. You are reminded of Gao Ying’s demand that you declare an allegiance. When you think about it, you are not sure if you are on any side at the moment. Not the Imperial court, not the orthodox sects, not the Fire Cult. You have people you want to protect, but that is not the same as picking a side. You glance up at the girl. She might be obnoxious and petulant, but... “You are right. I’m not on their side, but I’m on yours.”
D'aww, Jing cares about her. Now if only we'd have found out about what happened with the Ashina, maybe given her our amulet or something. Ah well.

Esquilax

Arcane
We'll just challenge them to first defeat Guo Fu to determine if they are worthy to fight us. Our bro would be happy to oblige.

As funny as this is, if a respectable guy with a big name like Bai Jiutian were to challenge us (his rep is bigger than ours, even after taking on a hundred pugilists), we wouldn't be able to hide behind the big guy in that situation. He'd have enough clout in that situation to be able to challenge us and for the onus to be on us to accept it.

treave, does Wu Tong know if Bai Jiutian is up there?

Nevill

Arcane
Bai Jiutian is pretty much the only one who can challenge us, the current champion, without any sort of preliminary test.

But I guess we have already told everyone that we aren't fighting him until the big challenge.
You know what, if he still has the leaves with him, I would probably accept the fight. I am almost desperate here.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In before we waste time on this Wudang vs Huashan bs, end up missing Cao'er, and show up at the tournament still injured and have to beg Bai for the leaves.

"I'm sorry, Man Tiger Pig, but I used those leaves myself ages ago. I am ever-so-glad you returned them to me."
:troll:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A. I'm a little worried we might end up in a sparring match against Bai Jituan if we don't reveal our injuries right away.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As funny as this is, if a respectable guy with a big name like Bai Jiutian were to challenge us (his rep is bigger than ours, even after taking on a hundred pugilists), we wouldn't be able to hide behind the big guy in that situation. He'd have enough clout in that situation to be able to challenge us and for the onus to be on us to accept it.

He would know, but right now doesn't seem like the proper time to ask without seeming weird("Before I fight you... Is Bai Jiutian there?"), nor does the character really care if that prick is up there or not.

Baltika9

Arcane

He would know, but right now doesn't seem like the proper time to ask without seeming weird("Before I fight you... Is Bai Jiutian there?"), nor does the character really care if that prick is up there or not.
Doesn't care, huh? Why am I not surprised? 100% serious question, this made me think:
“I’m not on their side,” you mutter. You are reminded of Gao Ying’s demand that you declare an allegiance. When you think about it, you are not sure if you are on any side at the moment. Not the Imperial court, not the orthodox sects, not the Fire Cult. You have people you want to protect, but that is not the same as picking a side. You glance up at the girl. She might be obnoxious and petulant, but... “You are right. I’m not on their side, but I’m on yours.”
Lady Ji said, almost two years ago, that Jing was beginning to doubt his dedication to Shun. Now that we've been less than diligent about following through on our duties to him, where does Jing stand on his unquestionable loyalty to Shun? Did it weaken, is he perhaps starting to ask questions of himself like "is it worth it?" "do I really want to do this?" etc...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Shun is still number one in his heart, personally. Doesn't mean he'll blindly take orders, but it's going to colour his thinking.

Should have made Shun a princess... Well, Jing x Shun is fine too. Not like there weren't any precedents in Tang China.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Depends on whether he thinks his hand might be useful for something else that is also important. He might offer it after he finishes his tasks.

RealDDc

Learned
...an option to abandon the notion ... to go somewhere else instead.

So this would be option E then, would we be able to select the new location freely? Something like a wildcard option, "let's move in the nearest forest, stomp some random bandits and grind up the saber skills. Lay improvised traps and catch some animals to train some rudimentary skills with traps and then after that let get drunk."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom