Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So anyone figured out a better way to get Simril Lights than fishing?

Xenich

Cipher
not if you have dozens of alts :M

Doesn't that support the point of his position though? I mean, think about it... the solution to ridiculous requirements for success in the game depends on how many alts a person plays to circumvent the initial play requirement of a single character? The game is then not balanced around internal solutions, but rather external ones. Though, this is a common issue with most FTP systems.

Vaarna_Aarne

That was about the Winter Festival event, which is utterly grindtastic due to the flavour items having HUGE costs, but the reward currency being granted very stingily and through lots of active effort (so every alt beyond one is 100% more work). Polar opposite of the Summer Festival where you just did dailies to have more than enough stuff for the fashion outfits and such. At least the sled and companion are tied to a daily give-enough-shits-to-talk-to-two-NPCs quest.

Gerrard

Arcane
I got back on just in time to do one dungeon and ended up with a bugged chest, so I got fuck all out of it. That's 2 wasted runs in one day, thanks Cryptic.

This whole DD event thing is terrible, the normal dungeon drops suck ass so there's no point in spending 45 minutes running a dungeon without it.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Actually it would make sense with greed run only. I.e 20% chance to get the epic boss drop. And ppl are doing it. I can imagine with a bit of luck one could get somewhat rich. Some T2 stuff is pretty expensive and dungeons (ex. FH) are easy.

Gerrard

Arcane
Nice armor model.
dq08bZZ.png

Too bad you'd have to unequip the shirt for effect.

Vaarna_Aarne

I've never understood why they don't allow you to disable shirt and pants visuals (and belt while at it).

Though I'd say cleaning up all that ranger poop littering instances is a higher priority.

Gerrard

Arcane
And I thought I was lucky by getting my Zen at 380AD when it was around 385-390 during the day, now it's below 375. Oh well, at least I can buy the rank 3 horse now.

E: Actually, I'll wait to see next weeks sale first.

Man, that sucks. Come to think of it, I only got the cleric and not the hat...
Scratch that, the hat is in the item claim, it's just that the cleric was also mailed.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I looked around the forum and it appears the Thayan Bastion boon has a 60 second cooldown, so there's really only one choice there.

Also finally found out how to open the AH directly without going through that fucking broker window every time.
make a CommandAliases.txt in Neverwinter\Live\Localdata\ put
alias ah "GenAddWindow Auction_Root"
in it.
Then you can open the AH by using /ah command, or bind it to a key.

And if you knew about this before then why the fuck haven't you told me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Neverwinter Headed to Consoles

Perfect World Co., Ltd is a Beijing-based MMO company and the owner of Perfect World Entertainment. The company’s CEO Xiao Hong just confirmed to Chinese gaming media 17173.com that Cryptic Studios will develop Neverwinter’s console version.

Xiao didn’t tell which console Neverwinter will be released on, and he said Perfect World Beijing was also preparing for the development of console MMOs. Perfect World acquired Cryptic in 2011 and then announced Neverwinter would be made into a full-fledged free-to-play MMORPG.

Vaarna_Aarne

Anyone know if Endless Consumption (or whatever the triple Life Steal proc was called) has a cooldown?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Let me clear this whole retarded P2Win argumet and sweep it under the rug where it deserves to be.

If you buy any form of advantage in game, it is pay to win. Simple as that. You can argue whetever it is relevant, whetever it is important, whetever it gives advantage all you want, all the day you want. But when you put in money and gain advantage in the game, you participiate in the pay to win scheme. It might not be against another player, but it is ultimately against you.

You practically pay for cheats in all intents and purposes. If the game is built around paying for that, good for you. But don't try to pretend you stand on a high ground.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom