Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress My Little Fascist: Repression is Magic!

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
mlpfimlogo.png

OBEYCELESTIA-500x662.png

So, it has come to this. For those of you not in the know, there is a My Little Pony mod for Victoria II. Yes, a My Little Pony mod for a game featuring ethnic tension, fascists, and Slavery. Why did this come to pass?

- For the love of God why?
Because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a prime example of how, if you put enough effort into something, you can make anything great. The animation is beautiful, the characters memorable and likeable, the stories engaging, and the world believable and imaginative.
Additionally, the older fanbase of the show is probably one of the most creative fandoms on the internet currently, and there is no reason that the Paradox modding community shouldn't be a part of it.
Also, there is something oddly satisfying about taking the United States down a peg or two while playing as a nation of brightly-coloured ponies...

Good enough of a reason for me!

First of all, a bit of information about the mod. The creator of it is clinically unable to make use of the Mod folder, so in order for this mod to work, you have to copy it over the Victoria II directory. Yes, I just made myself have to reinstall my Steam copy JUST FOR YOU CUNTS TO ENJOY THIS!

Otherwise, the mod is fairly straightforward. There seem to be a fair number of new events including new breakaway nations.

Thanks to a Brony classmate who would watch the show obsessively in the computer lab, I've seen far too much of the show for a sane man, but otherwise I've never watched a full episode. If Konjad or any of the closet Bronies want to correct my portrayal, go ahead, but I'm not really listening.

Anyway, shall we start?

Table of Contents

Chapter 1: A Brief History of Equestria

[URL="http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/my-little-fascist-repression-is-magic.88984/page-2#post-3064022"]Chapter 2: Revolution and Counter-Revolution[/URL]

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution

Anyway, this is the modified map to include the Principality of Equestria and the Kingdom of Griffonia. Apparently the Pacific Coast consists of pastel coloured ponies, griffons, and buffalo, who knew?

At the nation select screen, the Principality of Equestria is a Great Power, while the USA is a Secondary Power. However, once the game starts, they switch positions in order to make things a little more sane.

Before we can get on with it, the Decision icon is lit up like any good focus nation in a Paradox game. The decision is called, "Rename Equestia." Why the fuck didn't the modder rename the nations from the start?

Because of exposition, of course! Funny enough, it mentions deviants traveling to Equestria. Hm...

I can't emphasize just how much of a fuck I give.

And of course, the Ponies start with substantial bonuses. In a bit of a twist, you cannot assimilate population. This is good news for our ethnically pure, Pony races.

And of course, this resulted in renamed provinces. They are all puns and inside references I do not get.

The Principality of Equestria consists of Unicorns, who make up the elite; Pegasi, who form mostly military roles; and plebeian Earth Ponies.

Oh, and we have some Buffalo in our colonial region. Because Colonialism is Magic as long as benevolent Ponies do it!

Since we're an underdeveloped nation, we need to raise the taxes on the poor and middle classes. We simply cannot force the unicorn elites to pay more than they need, on the other hand.

The Decision icon was still lit up, so I returned. The Immigration Act essential bans all disgusting two legged beings from Equestria. Naturally, we cannot have filthy humans ruining our precious paradise, so I enacted it immediately.

(You ever get the feeling some Bronies REALLY hate humans?)

Feeling a little constrained by the traditional Imperial role, I switched Celestia's party to the Imperialist one. This allows for much greater centralized control over the nation and restricts non-accepted groups (Like those savage Buffalo)

Even Ponies are not immune from the dread force that is Libruls.

There was a diplomatic incident where some Griffon chicks pranked our emissaries. The Kingdom of Griffonia immediately delivered a canned apology to us. I begin to expand our army in response.

And to complement the newfound Libreal ideals of Equestria, a class AND race war seems to be brewing. Thankfully, the Earth Ponies are a degenerate lot who are thankful for our protection, so they won't try anything.

MIGRANT WORKER EXPLOITATION IS MAGIC!

Some young children started their own newspaper. This was put a stop to immediately.

In much more appealing news, Griffins are feathered scum whose wings need to be clipped for the good of Ponykind.

Tensions rise to the point where we declared war on Griffonia. Because they're a bunch of worm eating savages, we easily deliver a definite blow to their army.

Finally, we annex them, permenantly ending their childish pranks. Because a Griffin will always be a Griffin, we cannot assimilate them into our culture. As they are all unable to read or write, they can continue to serve a purpose as unskilled laborers while immigrant ponies take all the high positions. Even an Earth Pony is more tolerable than a Griffin.

There is concern over the USA though. They have colonized the land separating us from them. An improved defensive plan will be made in order to keep the two-legged barbarians out.

Comte

I hope the polar bear nation gets released so you can have a great war with them or sphere them.

Yep, got everything I need.

Want them enslaved (gotta have slavery allowed for that) or simply gradually reduced to nothing? (with raised militarism so you can do some konykebab removal yourself)

Then I can turn them into slave pops first, then set a trigger that reduces slave pop to zero.

That would probably not cause any rebellions though. I don't remember ever seeing slave rebellions break out.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Want them enslaved (gotta have slavery allowed for that) or simply gradually reduced to nothing? (with raised militarism so you can do some konykebab removal yourself)

This is getting creepier and creepier.
Yea, I wished we'd just have some extra Buttercup Dew lulz, but this is an added layer of creepy to the whole thing.

Cassidy

Arcane
RPGCodex: The only place outside of 4chan where someone would mod a mod about ponies to include brony genocide.

Whisky

The Solution
I

This is getting creepier and creepier.
Yea, I wished we'd just have some extra Buttercup Dew lulz, but this is an added layer of creepy to the whole thing.

Don't worry, I'm still LPing as fascist ponies until the end. CJM's eterminatus mod will be post-script updatess if anything. As horrible as an MLP mod is, there's still plenty of events and material to work with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom