Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Zeriel

Arcane
Exposing Rance to little school children can only result in lulz.

The new Rance 9 site is on with lots of stuff, like a teaser (need proxy, can I post them here?).

img_chara_hermann_01.png

Seems like it will have a love system of shorts for the 7 main heroines. Different endings maybe?

1384430233561.png

JoKa

Cipher
Well, that map shows that there's quite a lot of them in Russia so your point is? :smug:
(At least in the European part of it...)

But of course you're right that it's strange the cliché of Russian women being blonde in Japanese mangas is so widely spread, considering most of the country has mainly Asian features.

On topic: I didn't have a chance to look at the Rance IX site yet, but what i can see from the trailer and screens it reminds me of Rance VI the most, with the globes in the romance-screen and whatnot

TigerKnee

Arcane
Seems like it will have a love system of shorts for the 7 main heroines. Different endings maybe?
You know, now that I think of it, it seems kind of odd to have a "love" system and 7 set heroines like that, considering Rance has not been the most generic of JRPG heroes.

I wonder if it'll end up a joke where no matter what you do, you'll max out everyone? Will this end up as a rare time where Codex won't want C&C?!

kingnnirvana24

Literate
hello guys im new here fan of Rance but the first game i played was sengoku rance but havent finished yet cause im struggling esp. when nobunaga becomes possessed then my pc had to fix so i lost all my game so my question is any site that sells the game where i can download it and any site that has a good walkthrough and maybe what rance should i play first??

For purchasing the game I can't tell for sure, for more general questions and a walkthrough check the wikia:

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Rance

But I don't recommend following a guide for the first time, is better to learn by yourself.
The trick to deal with the demon army and the nobunaga events is to not break the first 5 guards to fast (you can check those in the F5 menu), this way you will have more time to level your commanders (for boss battles), recruit more commanders and hold more land before the demon army appears.

For a more in depth discussion you can check specialized forums:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/54917-AliceSoft-Sengoku-Rance-Discussion-Thread

what rance should i play first??

Sengoku is a good option, since it's the best and the more addictive (and it doesn't require to much knowledge of previous titles). If you want to play them in chronological order, the first 4 are translated (but some of them are very dated, you might want to just follow my Let's Plays in my sig). If you don't mind if the games are in japanese play the remake Rance 01, I heard is quite good

KR is around 25%
R 4.1 around 80% (I will try to LP this one when 4.2 get's translated, IF I manage to play it in my pc).

A little question, should I add Rance 4 avatars to the gallery? Being old-school and all it should only cause butthurt among the most anal posters right?

Do I need to do something special with the images ? (Png, jpg... size...)

I mean images like this:

Dio.png
Freak.png
Fatguy.png

Titmonster.png

Ass.png

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
KR is around 25%

A little question, should I add Rance 4 avatars to the gallery? Being old-school and all it should only cause butthurt among the most anal posters right?

Do I need to do something special with the images ? (Png, jpg... size...)

You should definitely add the avatars. I believe they do need to be resized, but Crooked Bee can probably tell you more. Also check this thread for more info: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/avatars.5138/page-49

Grinolf

Arcane
yeah was dissapointed but just dowloaded sengoku rance ha cant wait to play it

But you don't really need translation for Rance 6, since the game has rather simple mechanic. The only time it's critical when you upgarde your skills, since there you could screw your character by picking not useful ones. And some characters became strong only after you pick some critical upgrades for them.
Other things, like what each skill do in battle or what events related to each character could easily be found after some experimenting, that wouldn cost you little time and resources.

kingnnirvana24

Literate
yeah was dissapointed but just dowloaded sengoku rance ha cant wait to play it

But you don't really need translation for Rance 6, since the game has rather simple mechanic. The only time it's critical when you upgarde your skills, since there you could screw your character by picking not useful ones. And some characters became strong only after you pick some critical upgrades for them.
Other things, like what each skill do in battle or what events related to each character could easily be found after some experimenting, that wouldn cost you little time and resources.
yeah i know but im kind of a sucker for stories, so notunderstanding what there saying bores me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom