Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

subotaiy

Cipher
Got a beta key. I played until level 8, got bored and uninstalled it; it has enjoyable combat, but overall it is the usual MMO fare, kill x/gather y quests (tons of them) and it gest tedious really really fast. I don't know about pvp, I queued but didn't join.
Don't see what all the fuss is about, I guess good marketing.

Did you get any friend keys with your beta key that you can share?
Supposedly if you log in on a Saturday you get a friend key added to your account.
No I didn't and I doubt that I'm going to bother installing it again.

set

Cipher
Got a beta key. I played until level 8, got bored and uninstalled it; it has enjoyable combat, but overall it is the usual MMO fare, kill x/gather y quests (tons of them) and it gest tedious really really fast. I don't know about pvp, I queued but didn't join.
Don't see what all the fuss is about, I guess good marketing.
I think you miss the point, this game is supposed to be usual MMO fare. No groundbreaking changes, just polished game and nostalgia trip for oldschool wow players.
I guess I'm waiting for wildstar game, but on the other hand I'm tired to death of the formula and probably will try it and forget it, just like you did.

You and everyone else who plays Wildstar will enjoy it for 1 month post-purchase then never re-sub. It's pretty much gauranteed at this point.

Quatlo

Arcane
You and everyone else who plays Wildstar will enjoy it for 1 month post-purchase then never re-sub. It's pretty much gauranteed at this point.
Indeed, that is why I am trying to have a taste of it in the beta, forget it and never bother again.

Direwolf

Arcane
Wildstar devs went full retard in the latest beta patch. Due to whining of some SJWs and white knights they decreased the breast size of human and aurin females. There was a bit of a shitstorm on beta forums:

Scooter, on 15 Jan 2014 - 1:10 PM, said:

No. This is a situation in which the "majority opinion" does not get to dictate whether another group of people are offended or not. When our fans come to us and tell us they are offended by some of the decisions we made, we take a look, and we see what we can do to fix it (with the limited resources we have available to us). You don't get to say "Well I'm not offended, so how dare you change this," and you don't get to say "Most people liked it the way it was so you should change it back." A not-insignificant number of people got in touch with us and let us know their disappointment in us, and we reacted to it.

I'm honestly disgusted by the majority of the conversation in this thread, and I am disappointed in those of you who have chosen to engage in an extremely inappropriate manner. A lot of that is admittedly our fault in not monitoring the thread more closely, but I refuse to take full credit for the tone and content of the posts here.

I'm going to be watching this thread very closely over the coming days, so everyone should think very strongly before choosing to post in this thread again. I will not hesitate to ban those of you who choose to speak flippantly about the topic, or about those people who choose to voice their feedback constructively.

Now it is pretty obvious that the game is completely fucked right out of the gate, which is unfortunate. Could've been fun for a few months.

Doesn't help that there are also retards like this:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/0...h-wildstars-great-big-sexist-elephant-in-the/

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So I read some of that 'article' and it's perplexing as to why he chides it as sexist that women are portrayed as waif thin super models but it's perfectly okay that men are portrayed as ripped NFL linebackers. Sexualization is sexualization. There's no misogyny or gender inequity here.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
if they were competent they would allow the player to choose character physique like the last hundred dispatched WoW-killers.

but they're not, and the game will bomb hard.

It's a shitty Korean MMO with WoW combat.
What challenge?

Uh it doesn't have tab-targeting if that's what you mean... how long have you played it for.
I have no desire to play it, even if it were available in any non-moon language (and it doesn't appear it will be any time soon).

Well that's fine, but at least don't bash it if you haven't tried it. It's vastly different than WoW's combat and much more unforgiving, especially if your ping isn't great.

set

Cipher
If it's an MMO, you can bash it. That's your right after what MMOs have become these days. I've seen lots of people try to insist that their glitchy grindy Korean F2P P2W cutesy sideboob megamuffin real action upskirt manga combat rigamaole is somehow different from all the rest... and if you've tried playing even ten of these kinds of games you quickly realize that it's just not possible for a genuinely good game to be produced that's got NCSoft or Nexon somewhere in the registered trademarks section, nevermind an MMO from Corea or just an MMO in general. These games tend to have similar design flaws (or 'features') that quickly come apparent once you've adapted to the game for a few hours.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If it's an MMO, you can bash it. That's your right after what MMOs have become these days. I've seen lots of people try to insist that their glitchy grindy Korean F2P P2W cutesy sideboob megamuffin real action upskirt manga combat rigamaole is somehow different from all the rest... and if you've tried playing even ten of these kinds of games you quickly realize that it's just not possible for a genuinely good game to be produced that's got NCSoft or Nexon somewhere in the registered trademarks section, nevermind an MMO from Corea or just an MMO in general. These games tend to have similar design flaws (or 'features') that quickly come apparent once you've adapted to the game for a few hours.

so basically you've got no fucking clue but SO EDGY

images

set

Cipher
I'd almost want one to review the game, but I just don't have the time.

Greatness

Cipher
I got two beta keys if anybody wants

I've been waiting on a key for awhile, I'd like one if you still have an extra. (Will nolife the game and write up some impressions for the ppl of codexia.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom