Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They's probably lose all customer trust if they implemented stretch goals that hadn't been reached.

Branm

Learned
Eh in that video posted why the hell aren't you locked into combat and why does the enemy not follow...

I assume the AI in the game is pretty much non existent?

Not going to lie pretty disappointed I was actually sorta looking forward to this but everything seems to be a let down. Not even sure id leech this from what I've seen. The earlier example of the actual dialogue is also super weak....WTF was Mitsoda doing

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm gonna be mean and say that's not a design choice, but some engine/budget limitation for making a visible fog or war that uncovers the terrain and static objects while respecting level geometry & line of sight.
I doubt that's the case, I'm more inclined to believe that they thought it was fine as is. Not the only flawed design in the game it seems.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm gonna be mean and say that's not a design choice, but some engine/budget limitation for making a visible fog or war that uncovers the terrain and static objects while respecting level geometry & line of sight.
I doubt that's the case, I'm more inclined to believe that they thought it was fine as is. Not the only flawed design in the game it seems.
How many 3D games have the war fog you want? Silent Storm and Jagged Alliance:BiA didn't.

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
Can't believe that they made me choose between being able to play the demo, or having a DRM-free copy.

This actually makes sense. A big advantage of this type of game is that you can get away with having braindead AI, because most of the enemies are braindead. So they don't need to devote as much time and resources to it. Either way the human AI will probably get improved for release.

imweasel

I bought the game and played it for a few hours... I like the concept, but the game in it's current state is still quite a mess. It feels like an early pre-alpha. It is buggy, the UI is very clunky, the AI is retarded, etc.

It has a lot of potential, but it still needs a lot of work. The devs should really rethink about releasing this game in Q1.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

imweasel

imweasel

I bought the game and played it for a few hours... I like the concept, but the game in it's current state is still quite a mess. It feels like an early pre-alpha. It is buggy, the UI is very clunky, the AI is retarded, etc.

It has a lot of potential, but it still needs a lot of work. The devs should really rethink about releasing this game in Q1.

June to August is Q1? http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...cess-now-available.72705/page-31#post-3109869
Their web page says March, a dev (or mod, whatever) on the Steam forums says Q1 (March) and Brian says sometime between June to August...

Ok, looks like sometime between June and August is actually correct then. Good thing too. ;)

Angthoron

Arcane
Been playing it yesterday, a fairly nice game so far. Certainly needs a lot more work though.

For others that played - are there more than 8 (+shelter) locations in the demo? I've been trying to find more, but so far it's just been the 8 in immediate vicinity of the shelter.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Have they said if they'll implement jumping over walls/windows, etc? You see all those things out in the envioment but the things you can interact with are either doors or containers, what a waste.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
So how far from completion is this?
You can walk around and talk to people, automatically discover and travel to other areas, enter designated buildings and collect junk, equip items, fight turn-based battles, etc. Nothing much beyond the basic systems. Not that it matters because with glorious kickstarter and early access model, "completion" is just an afterthought

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hey look, it's Fallout.
While similar, I recall Fallout won't let you end combat like that unless you're sufficiently far away and successfully sneaking. Whoever you're attacking would definitely come after you (sometimes to its detriment).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, I'm pretty sure there is no point in initiating conversations with anyone after going through their dialog tree. They are all completely static except for the events at the beginning of the day when one them talks to you.

imweasel

So, I'm pretty sure there is no point in initiating conversations with anyone after going through their dialog tree. They are all completely static except for the events at the beginning of the day when one them talks to you.
The dialogue with Elaine changes a bit every day. Not sure if makes a difference if you talk to her or not though.

Other than that all dialogue seems to be static.

For others that played - are there more than 8 (+shelter) locations in the demo? I've been trying to find more, but so far it's just been the 8 in immediate vicinity of the shelter.
I've finished the EA demo and found 9 locations (+ shelter). Haven't bothered to find more than that though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom