Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
but that sounds like a legal thingy.

germany bans swastikas because of shame. shameruu~

I just want to know if you can play as a black, and if yes does the game world react to it? I've seen the skin tone option on that pewdiepie shit, but I wonder if it changes anything.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The American President has this seal that symbolises his office, the Seal of the President of the United States. Because of copyright stuff you are not allowed to use this symbol without significantly altering it in whatever movie/game/series/whatever you make. Metal Wolf Chaos, a Japanese made game that combines Iron Man, Air Force One, Michael Bay and Japanese over-the-top-ness uses this seal in its real form, meaning it cannot be sold in the United States because of the afore-mentioned stuff.
This is because it would look like the president is endorsing the product. It's also not because of copyright. The US government is not allowed to copyright anything it produces (and the seal dates back long enough it would be public domain regardless).

It's the same reason you can't use a person's likeness without their permission.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd easily shell out the 60 Kwanbucks to D1P this bad boy if I had to. Because a) it's gud, and b) to support Obsidian/Ubisoft. Out of all the big AAA+ publishers, Ubisoft seems to know what they're doing the best since their releases are fairly diverse and they aren't averse to releasing niche budget titles.

Z00DY80.png

So, tell us more.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I'd easily shell out the 60 Kwanbucks to D1P this bad boy if I had to. Because a) it's gud, and b) to support Obsidian/Ubisoft. Out of all the big AAA+ publishers, Ubisoft seems to know what they're doing the best since their releases are fairly diverse and they aren't averse to releasing niche budget titles.

Z00DY80.png

So, tell us more.
I can't bro, embargo is up until March 4. :M

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Germans & Austrians: No swastikas, butt no cuts to the anal parts!
Well to be fair, you can't just show swastikas in Germany. For a similar reason the most 'MERICA game ever made, Metal Wolf Chaos, was not released in America because they used the unmodified Seal of the President, which is a no-go in "merica.
Unmodified seal of the president? explain?
The American President has this seal that symbolises his office, the Seal of the President of the United States. Because of copyright stuff you are not allowed to use this symbol without significantly altering it in whatever movie/game/series/whatever you make. Metal Wolf Chaos, a Japanese made game that combines Iron Man, Air Force One, Michael Bay and Japanese over-the-top-ness uses this seal in its real form, meaning it cannot be sold in the United States because of the afore-mentioned stuff.

Oh you mean this seal?:
seal.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane

Z00DY80.png

So, tell us more.

Tell us at least if we should cancel our pre-orders.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

Z00DY80.png

So, tell us more.

Tell us at least if we should cancel our pre-orders.
I wouldn't if I were you, it's great (and probably the most polished Obsidian game as far as bugs go).

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think a nazi and a nigger class would be excellent additions.

Also gay and transexual classes.

Chinks... anyone?

nah... doesnt have a bite to it...

There should be a ginger class, visitor class can be added in an expansion (it will have a suitable disguise, perhaps sunglasses and a large hat).

Grimlorn

Arcane
I think a nazi and a nigger class would be excellent additions.

Also gay and transexual classes.

Chinks... anyone?

nah... doesnt have a bite to it...

There should be a ginger class, visitor class can be added in an expansion (it will have a suitable disguise, perhaps sunglasses and a large hat).
Actually Trey really does hate gingers. He goes into a whole tirade about them in the commentary for the ginger episode. So I doubt you'll ever see a ginger class in the game.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Grimlorn All the more reason to have a ginger class, they can have special resistances due to being soulless, but can't cast magic or be affected by blessings or curses. They can also have a special soul drain ability that if used on vulnerable enemies turns them into ginger thralls . However when engorged on soul energy they become extremely vulnerable to blessings, curses and magic. Fortunately they can expel the soul energy with enhanced attacks or diabolical magic, just like in RL.

Arcanoix

Scholar
I remember being personally told they weren't authorizing any review copies / early copies, yet seeing this and seeing Pewdiepie play it makes me sick to my stomach... -.- Not going near it. Might even yoink it.

EDIT: First post in forever. Actually managed to get a life, start a pretty good sized channel on the Tubes, and make something of myself in the last - how long has it been? 3 years? Anyways yeah, how the aforementioned Codexian's even have the game and how child mascots like Pewdiepie can be playing this game this early is beyond me, but it's pretty conclusive that even the smaller studios are selling out to the boys that can bring them massive exposure. As a result, I reserve the right to 'acquire' these sort of titles by my own means. Money saved, money earned. AND HOLY SHIT More than one line in a reply! Woo hoo!

Calapine

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
I remember being personally told they weren't authorizing any review copies / early copies, yet seeing this and seeing Pewdiepie play it makes me sick to my stomach... -.- Not going near it. Might even yoink it.

EDIT: First post in forever. Actually managed to get a life, start a pretty good sized channel on the Tubes, and make something of myself in the last - how long has it been? 3 years? Anyways yeah, how the aforementioned Codexian's even have the game and how child mascots like Pewdiepie can be playing this game this early is beyond me, but it's pretty conclusive that even the smaller studios are selling out to the boys that can bring them massive exposure. As a result, I reserve the right to 'acquire' these sort of titles by my own means. Money saved, money earned. AND HOLY SHIT More than one line in a reply! Woo hoo!

That all sounds a bit:

:butthurt:

(No offense!)

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

The butthurt is palpable.

It's pretty much industry standard for games journalists and Internet sensations to get prerelease copies of games. Did you just leave your bunker for the first time in twenty years?

Last edited:

dukeofwhales

Cipher

What an absoutely moronic excuse for piracy.

Caim

Arcane

What an absoutely moronic excuse for piracy.
Agreed. You got a pretty decently sized channel on the Tubes? How big we talking here? Thousands of subscribers? Hundreds of thousands of subscribers? Or are you perhaps Angry Joe?

And yes, Pewdiepie is often annoying but on the other hand without him I would not have known that you can have Mr Slave anally consume hobos in this game.

Answermancer

Educated
I just want to know if you can play as a black, and if yes does the game world react to it? I've seen the skin tone option on that pewdiepie shit, but I wonder if it changes anything.

Not sure if this qualifies but in the 13 minute video they released of the start of the game, the PC is white and when choosing classes when they mouse over "Thief" Cartman says something like "A white thief? I don't see it but okay..."

That makes me think there will be some reactivity to race but who knows.

Yeah, heard that one, there was also the "A jew from jersey, so pretty much Kyle's mom.", when you had spray tan + jew. I'll probably roll a magical negro..It would be nice to see race reactivity for all race choices, even if it's just in the early game. Although throughout would be better, and probably get more people butthurt. :troll:

Renegen

Arcane
So I enter this thread hoping to find some bros describing the game in great detail and I leave it searching for PewDiePie videos on youtube to satiate my thirst. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect this turn of events.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom