Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline 2D Art Appreciation Thread

1eyedking

Erudite
All symphonies suck, BTW.

In fact all classical music is crap. You can find real, true mood in folk music more than in any of Bach, Mozart, or whomever's works.

PS: This one's nice:
tumblr_mrcdipCOP41scncwdo1_500.gif

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Dust, An Elysian Tale:
uerLDqS.jpg

Not actually my favourite artstyle, but considering the entire game (sans voiceacting and some music I think?) was done by a single dude, it's damned impressive.

SaGa Frontier:
0CtdcDm.jpg

Probably my all time favourite jrpg. Excellent music as well. Was a pain trying to find decent shots though, everyone seemed to take only super close in shots of the character sprites, which are easily the weakest part of the artstyle. There are a lot of amazing shots that are really zoomed out where your character is a blip on a gorgeous background, but I couldn't find one.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Damn, ghostdog brought Kof, Garou, and some others fighting games already, :manlytear". I'll continue from here.

tumblr_mqt56hHbBs1scncwdo1_500.gif

tumblr_mvm166k1Ov1scncwdo1_500.gif

tumblr_n08k9a1qnd1qbzzgco1_500.gif

How in the fuck did they even make these. Even the greatest pixel art I see on sites like pixejunk doesn't come anywhere close to this stuff, even with all the modern conveniences and photoshop and shit. Guess it was just a whole lot of time and effort.

2242.png

A user named cat

I was fooled by Dark Seed screenshots once, reeled in then disappointed completely. Avoid.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
5MFcf17.jpg

Beautiful game. Wish it had gotten proper sequels.

Legend of Mana has some really good locations, courtesy of seamless background merging. Or some other technical term I can't remember right now. Seriously makes you wonder how the hell good old PS1 pulled that off.

SW8cibe.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

Some arts in this thread are cool.
But still, OP is an anime faggot.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I wanted to link some Secret of Evermore Screenshots here, but realized that the images alone do nothing without the awesome soundtrack :(

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I wanted to link some Secret of Evermore Screenshots here, but realized that the images alone do nothing without the awesome soundtrack :(
post both man!

Beware of small scale screens...

Secret%20of%20Evermore%20(USA)_00003.png

Secret%20of%20Evermore%20(USA)_00008.png

Secret%20of%20Evermore%20(USA)_00043.png

Secret of evermore was never one of the flagships when it came to the SNES' GFX chip, but damn did it convey atmosphere. It was one of the very few games to feauture soundtracks feauturing actual sounds only on certain maps.
Hence:

Impressive Jungle Atmosphere, done on the low bit module of the SNES! Better than many ambience tracks in todays games.

Shit I don't know what else to post here. All my favorite games are in 2d.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom