Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebound: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth remake

Wulfstand

Prophet
http://edmundm.com/

Here are a few screens of the new engine, work in progress.

tumblr_mej8a3y7cU1rq0wgw.jpg

tumblr_mebmegmJ771rq0wgw.jpg

^co-op? saweeet!

tumblr_mej8asxSoN1rq0wgw.jpg

Apparently the game'll have new content, as in items, bosses, rooms, you name it.
The release date seems to be planned for Q3 2013, bummer.

potatojohn

Arcane
I prefer watching northernlion play it than playing it myself :oops:

Also pretty funny that the original had high-detail vector graphics, and this seems to be going for retro pixel art.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A bit of a gap will be good. Especially if most of it is the same content.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
The long wait annoys me, but the prospect of finally being able to play a game of this graphic intensity on a machine that is less than state of the art will make it bearable. Seriously, fuck Flash.
It also looks nicer in these screenshots than I thought it would when I heard about the pixel graphics. Depending on Wasteland 2, Isaac might become my personal GOTY for the third year in a row.

Lightknight

Liturgist
So, people didnt shoot enough tears into turds, huh ? You coprofiles make me sick.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Binding of Isaac Rebirth Update!
a large % of the existing assets for Isaac are now complete for Rebirth! the artist are currently working on animation frames as well as visualizations for each head frame of each item. once these are finished they will be moving on to… NEW CONTENT!
ill post updates as things come together.
as you might imagine, im quite happy with how things are looking, the game is in good hands.

stay tuned
tumblr_mhue195jWq1rwh6p8o1_1280.png

Looking good.

LeJosh

Savant
Absolutely love Isaac and going for pixels is fantastic.

Should run much smoother now, it ran like ass at times on my PC.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Technology 2 + Spoon Bender =
eC7oVN1.gif

Brimstone + Spoon Bender =
1QPbDbu.gif

Looks great. Unfortunately, they decided to get someone other than Danny Baranowsky to compose the new music, and... well, it sucks.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game's premise and aesthetics are intriguing, but the gameplay does not appeal to me at all, but I applaud the author(s?) for doing something fresh setting-wise.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
I like the new music, it sounds a bit more techno, which is good.
The drums are really out of place, but the rest is pretty sweet.
Im really looking forward to this game, might be the first time i'll buy a console since 2001.

toroid

Arcane
Unfortunately, they decided to get someone other than Danny Baranowsky to compose the new music, and... well, it sucks.

Welp. That's a plain fucking deal breaker. The music was an enormous part of the magic for me in the original game. Fuck whoever made this decision directly in the face and/or wallet.

None of the original music will be present at all?

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm not entirely sure if there will be an option to use the old music or maybe mod it in, but they seem to be creating a completely new soundtrack for the game.
And yes, the original soundtrack really added a lot to the game and is one my personal favourites.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Totally forgot about this... he sure is taking his sweet time.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
It's not being developed by him but by Nicalis (who ported VVVVVV and Cave Story), although every decision seems to go through him. It's supposed to be released sometime this year.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Also he just posted this on tumblr
Not bad.jpg
MCLG7VR.gif

wait, theres more:
wFQR0vS.gif

6UpPh6O.gif

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Looks alright I guess, the new weapon combinations seem cool, but the graphics are worse imo. I hate this PIXELATE IT BECAUSE ART! trend going on.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Weird, somehow i uploaded the wrong youtube video. Anyways heres what i was trying to show:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom