Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Anyone else getting nervous?

Also, treave, please don't get hit by a bus or something.

Dude, I'm just about to walk out and cross several busy main streets. You just jinxed me, man. :|
Everything's riding the line with this one, bros. Sadly, Jing's life depends not only on our poor decision making skills, but also on treave's ability to play real life frogger. In other words, Jing is probably doomed any way you look at it. :M

Last edited by a moderator:

Anabanana

Augur
So it's trying to give us Yin and Yang chi again, by forcibly separating it? No need to fight the river, best to swim along with its current.

No, it's destroying what you have and also beginning to burn your body externally.

Sorry, so what was stopping the fire from burning Ahura and Jing externally again? It attacks chaotic qi, but also functions as a regular fire? Was it because the Amesha Spenta and now Ahura are controlling it?

Anabanana

Augur
Mmkay.

One question I'm currently pondering is if the writing on the scrolls is indeed the technique Wang Zhengchong used to chaosify Ahura's qi, how did the Fire Cult get their hands on it, and why do they have it in this room if the Eternal Flame itself is what's purifying Ahura? I just mean why would they need to rely on a technique from the Central Plains, when their own fire-controlling techniques would be enough to turn Ahura's qi back to normal?

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, out of curiosity, when Lord Zhang destroyed our pressure points and freed our qi, did Jing survive the damage and agony through willpower or physical endurance?
Would we be doing so again to persevere through B?

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
B
ORDO AB CHAO

When something reach its extreme it becomes its opposite.
And, after all, what can change the nature of man?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
One question I'm currently pondering is if the writing on the scrolls is indeed the technique Wang Zhengchong used to chaosify Ahura's qi, how did the Fire Cult get their hands on it, and why do they have it in this room if the Eternal Flame itself is what's purifying Ahura?

It isn't, and it's been here since before they moved in. :troll:

treave, out of curiosity, when Lord Zhang destroyed our pressure points and freed our qi, did Jing survive the damage and agony through willpower or physical endurance?
Would we be doing so again to persevere through B?

You refused to give up and die.

Baltika9

Arcane
You refused to give up and die.
This is the key to victory here, and why I'm voting for B. Jing's courage and bullheadedness are his greatest assets. Unlike in A where we are pulling off a super complex technique and hoping it works perfectly.
Which it must, otherwise the Flame will turn on us after it's done with Ahura.

kazgar

Arcane
Err, after its done with Ahura I'm pretty sure we can escape the flame, its Ahura that's keeping us in it.

That's the same with B i guess, we don't need to devour soul err flame, we just need to beat Ahura then get the fuck out of dodge.

Baltika9

Arcane
Err, after its done with Ahura I'm pretty sure we can escape the flame, its Ahura that's keeping us in it.
No. If we fail to perfectly execute this technique, then the Falme will turn back on us after it is done with ahura since it's in DESTROY ALL SLUTSS! mode.
Hm, you'd both start burning and then you can hope for the Amesha Spenta to bail you out, since they're the only ones who can control the fire now. Right now they're still a bit stunned from the explosion and haven't recovered yet though.
It is already in total purge mode though. All it does if he can't control it anymore is lock it on total purge mode until both you and Ahura are vaped, unless the Amesha Spenta help out in time.
They might just decide to let the two of you burn up rather than handle the fucking mess that is going to be left over with a surviving insane Ahura, I suppose.

Esquilax

Arcane
Why is this so hard?

:negative:

Then again, the statement All flows from the Origin, All returns to the Origin isn't quite true with B; your goal there is to ensure that everything, yin or yang, becomes primordial chaos. A seems to embody that philosophy better in that we know how to cultivate chaos, but we don't know how to make order flow from it. Fuck this is nerve-wracking.

I'm back on
A

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Those quotes are for if we come out of this no less corrupted than when we started, and we somehow manage to make the Fire Lord just as corrupt.

The only way not to get burned by the fire is to become orderly. Option B involves draining him and then hoping we get the fuck out of there in time, and there are several Amesha Spenta out there who may very well have a vested interest in seeing us burn to death, considering what we just did to their most glorious and holy leader.

All three of those quotes were in response to Jester's plan, explaining that while it was a good idea (if we even knew how to target our Yuanshi Hundun like that), it wouldn't be enough.

Baltika9

Arcane
Right, except they are stunned, indicisive and have s crazy god on their hands. Really, that's the argument that goes for both votes. If the Ameshas want us to die, then we'll die anyway.

And that's exactly my point: if we don't pull off the extremely complex qi-remolding technique perfectly then it will destroy us after Ahura. treave said that the effect will be instantaneous on him.

Tribute

Arbiter
Then we run screaming out of the fire.

Are we going to absorb the entire Eternal Flame in B?

Baltika9

Arcane
We're aiming to kill Ahura, but we're also attacking the Flame to survive.
treave did say that, should B succeed, it won't be much of a Flame anymore, nevermind Eternal.

Baltika9

Arcane
Here's what I'm going off of. Quote in response to your question about Flame control:
Can't explain too much about it, but yes, they have a specific technique they use for controlling the Eternal Flame, that requires Amesha-level qi (minimum 8 in neigong). They're taming and corralling it, in a sense. If your qi is very pure, the fire will be more responsive to you without needing a technique, but it's very, very choosy and if it detects even a hint of impurity you'll need the technique to control it.
That, and the Vaping. If this complex tech isn't perfect, we ded.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
_1275455993.jpg

RealDDc

Learned
What if it isn't a matter of life and death, but a matter of good and evil?
And we are now here to select the form of awesome powers?

While A would turn him into some pure and entirely righteous figure with godly powers, B drives him completely insane and turns him evil granting demonic powers.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Here's what I'm going off of. Quote in response to your question about Flame control:
Can't explain too much about it, but yes, they have a specific technique they use for controlling the Eternal Flame, that requires Amesha-level qi (minimum 8 in neigong). They're taming and corralling it, in a sense. If your qi is very pure, the fire will be more responsive to you without needing a technique, but it's very, very choosy and if it detects even a hint of impurity you'll need the technique to control it.
That, and the Vaping. If this complex tech isn't perfect, we ded.
Thing is, we're 100% slut. If we flip it to the opposite the way Wang did to Ahura, we'll be 100% pure. I'm sticking with my vote.

Anabanana

Augur
Right, except they are stunned, indicisive and have s crazy god on their hands. Really, that's the argument that goes for both votes. If the Ameshas want us to die, then we'll die anyway.

And that's exactly my point: if we don't pull off the extremely complex qi-remolding technique perfectly then it will destroy us after Ahura. treave said that the effect will be instantaneous on him.

Heh.

Perhaps we shouldn't be thinking of this in terms of which technique will succeed, but which one won't result in our deaths.

You know, I'm wondering if both choices will allow us to succeed in dealing with Ahura - it's what comes next, the Amesha Spentas, that's going to kill us in one of the choices. So perhaps we should take into account how the Amesha Spentas will react to each choice as well.

Baltika9

Arcane
Thing is, we're 100% slut. If we flip it to the opposite the way Wang did to Ahura, we'll be 100% pure. I'm sticking with my vote.
I don't get what you're saying. B is seducing the flames with our sluttitude, A is pretending to be a good girl for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom