Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Actually, we know for a fact that they are ok with calling us lord because they are doing it without us telling them to. A is just not saying anything. D is telling them what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Actually, we know for a fact that they are ok with calling us lord because they are doing it without us telling them to. A is just not saying anything. D is telling them what to do.

There are doing it because they have to - force of habit. The last guy was kind of a HUGE FUCKING DICK remember?

What we need is mutual respect here and not mindless fear. We depend upon our inner circle to run shit round the clock in the Temple and they depend upon us to scare of the dickless generation and look fabulous at it.

They are doing it because it is part of their tradition. They like their traditions. They are CULTISTS, remember?
Actually, we know for a fact that they are ok with calling us lord because they are doing it without us telling them to.
If you say so. :lol:
no, not if I say so. The update says so. If it is going to be a problem for them, they'll let us know down the line. Maybe then we can tell them they don't have to. Thing is, they are doing it now and are tolerating it. It's their choice. I say we let it be and see how it goes.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
no, not if I say so. The update says so.
Must be a different update.
Vahista grits his teeth. “Loathe as I am to do so, I must call you L… Lor… L-Lord,” spits out the man finally, a grimace on his face. Vairya slaps him on the back non-chalantly. “Ah, do not be too bitter about our Lord Ahura’s death. This is the will of the Light, and the Flame has spoken. Well, not so much spoken, as chosen, but it is done.” Vahista pinches his brow, his expression that of a man who has lost all hope. A single tear trickles down his cheek. “I.. I can’t do this. Give me a minute. I need to get another drink. Vairya, can you take him down to the chamber? We will talk there.”

Thing is, they are doing it now and are tolerating it. It's their choice. I say we let it be and see how it goes.
If it is their choice, I don't see a point in enforcing it. They are choosing so anyway, don't they? :lol:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
They are not a monolithic group.

The younger ones might like D. The older ones would be more ok with A. Vahista would prefer drinking himself to oblivion and forgetting about the whole thing.

This is about how we are going to run things here, and I treat it that way.

The younger ones might like D. The older ones would be more ok with A. Vahista would prefer drinking himself to oblivion and forgetting about the whole thing

The younger ones might like D.

:what: :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues::incline:

Oh FFS, Nevill. I said they were tolerating it, not that they were cumming buckets every time they do it. Besides, that quote is before we went into the chamber and demonstrated our mastery of the flame again.

RealDDc

Learned
Sweet! What a nice turn after all mostely unpleasant expectations! :cool:

God's reign over a powerful cult without them setting responsiblities on us, good go that we turned down the proposition for a miserly generals position.
For them to not get the idea to put responsibilities on us later on, I'd like to adjust 1E slightly. If that doesn't strike for acceptance im fine with 1E>1A

As a suffix or prefix, doesn't really matter, they should add "... independent..." to Jings title. "lord of independece", "the independent god lord" or however, to remind them whenever possible that we won't stick around the temple for time consuming rituals or whatever they may have in mind for later.

I'd really love to visit the powerful immortals in the Tianshan mountain range, I could imagine after the recent events we are very welcomed there.

2A>2C

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
updated tally

Akkudakku - D
Jester - D
ERYFKRAD - E(Spud)
Lambchop19 - A
asxetos - A
Smashing Axe - E(Eternal Flame)>A>D
Rex Feral - D
Nevill - D
Kipeci - A>D
Ganymede - D
Anabanana - E(Eternal Flame)>D
Baltika9 - A
GreyViper - A
Tribute - D
Esquilax - D
Kz3r0 - A
Elfberserker - A
Zero Credibility - D
Kashmir Slippers - D
Azira - A
TOME - D
XenomorphII - D
Absinthe - D
Fangshi - D>A
Tigranes - A
profreshinal - D
archaen - A
RealDDc - E ( Independent lord or god ) > A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A

Current tally:

A - 11
D - 14
E - 1 (Spud), 2 (Eternal Flame), 1 ( Lord of independece or The independed god )

Post-flop:

The title:
A - 11 (12)
D - 14 (15)
E - 4 (1)

Where to go:

Akkudakku - C>B
Jester - B
ERYFKRAD - E
Lambchop19 - B>D>A
asxetos - C
Smashing Axe - A>B
Rex Feral - C>B>A
Nevill - C
Kipeci - B
Ganymede - C
Anabanana - B>C
Baltika9 - A
GreyViper - B
Tribute - A>B
Esquilax - C>A
Kz3r0 - B
Elfberserker - C
Zero Credibility - B>C
Kashmir Slippers - C>B
Azira - C
TOME - C
XenomorphII - C
Absinthe - 2A>C
Fangshi - A>C
Tigranes - A>B
profreshinal - D
archaen - C>B
RealDDc - A
The Brazilian slaughter - C

Current tally:

A - 7
B - 7
C - 13
D - 1
E - 1

Post-flop:

A - 7 (2)
B - 7 (9)
C - 13 (15)
D - 1
E - 1

Last edited:

Eh, you'll all probably think I'm more of dick than you already do for this, but now that I think about it, I guess D could work out too. :M

We just really need to stay away from shit like having them call us the eternal flame or spud or something.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Eh, you'll all probably think I'm more of dick than you already do for this, but now that I think about it, I guess D could work out too. :M

We just really need to stay away from shit like having them call us the eternal flame or spud or something.

I was thinking more like this:

Then what Jing should say is: 'Im your Lord and I will act like it, but if you are feeling this change is rash and have problems with making peace with it then take your time, let my actions as your leader show that I'm the true Ahura Mazda."

Yeah, no. That'd piss 'em off. It's the name of their god. Ahura had more than proved himself to them in terms of being an uber strong badass, so his bearing the name was one thing. They still don't trust us though.

More like: "I know this is hard for you, so for the time being, if it is too much for you to call me lord, you don't have to. I don't need someone to call me lord to feel important. Call me what you will."

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Yeah, no. That'd piss 'em off. It's the name of their god. Ahura had more than proved himself to them in terms of being an uber strong badass, so his bearing the name was one thing. They still don't trust us though.

More like: "I know this is hard for you, so for the time being, if it is too much for you to call me lord, you don't have to. I don't need someone to call me lord to feel important. Call me what you will."
That was the idea, yeah (not pissing them off that is, just being diplomatic and reassuring about it).

Also, could someone fill me in on why we're picking 2C? What does it have to do with the manuals etc?

Rex Feral

Prophet
That really sounds more meek and uncertain.

It's more "I will do my best and I will prove myself" vs "You know, if you really want to you can call me whatever, you don't have to call me lord or anything"

The first sentence sounds more self assured to me.

Also, could someone fill me in on why we're picking 2C? What does it have to do with the manuals etc?

Well yeah, it doesn't, we're gonna go visit friends.

Tribute

Arbiter
Bro, we aren't making them call us their lord. Their traditions are. The same traditions that they trust in and have faith in. And by telling them that the traditions they've dedicated their LIVES to mean nothing to us, we look like a big weak asshole. We killed their leader and now we are fucking up their way of life.
That's more if we decided to start deliberately mocking their traditions by demanding to be addressed as Lord Man Tiger Pig.

I should probably go back and cross out my earlier arguments...
edit: done. except this valid point:
Oh, geez. You guys will find a way to faggot up any choice, won't you?

Well yeah, it doesn't, we're gonna go visit friends.
We might pick up potential allies, so I guess it's not a complete waste of time. Still, I hope we're going to focus on the manuals and not get distracted after this. I'd hate to end up facing off against Bai after he's read one or two and not having a couple under our belt ourselves...

edit: actually, it's probably likely he's already found one, given how he's mr perfect.

Rex Feral

Prophet
After this we'll probably gonna visit Chang'an. I was thinking we could inquire about certain past events from Miecao, investigate Mao Sanjiao and maybe ask Yao to put a good word for us with the beggars so we have a start when we go to Chang'an

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I really hope D wins the first one. It would be shame if Jing ends up being same kind of dickhead that Ahura was.

Character sheet.
Character Sheet

Strength: 8
Perception: 4
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 8
Luck: 1

-----

Orthodoxy:
-400 (Infamously Unorthodox)

Factions:

Ashina Tribe: +100 (Idolized)

Bandit Kingdom: -20 (Shunned)

Imperial Court: -50 (Disliked)

Songfeng Sword School: -95 (Hated)

Luoying Manor: +50 (Liked)

Beggars' Sect: +20 (Neutral)

Emei Sect: -10 (Neutral)

Qingcheng Sect: 0 (Neutral)

Wudang Sect: +10 (Neutral)

Shaolin Temple: 0 (Neutral)

Huashan Sect: -40 (Shunned)

Kunlun Sect: -50 (Disliked)

Taishan Sect: -50 (Disliked)

Wudu Cult: +50 (Liked)

Fire Cult: 0 (Neutral)

Yuhua Hall: +5 (Neutral)

Zhou Clan Manor: -70 (Disliked)

Minamoto Clan: +100 (Idolized)

Black Dragon Society: -50 (Disliked)

Tufan Kingdom: -50 (Disliked)

-100 Sworn Enemy
-75 Hated
-50 Disliked
-25 Shunned
0 Neutral
+25 Accepted
+50 Liked
+75 Loved
+100 Idolized

Titles:
Fellow of Luoying Manor
Champion of Young Tiger Martial Arts Tournament
Lord of the Fire Temple
----

Combat Skills:

Axe - 0/7

Bows - 0/6

Saber - 4/8

Spear - 0/6

Staff - 0/6

Sword - 7/9

Thrown Weapons - 0/6

Unarmed - 8/8

Active Skills:

Artistic Skill - 2/7

Herbalism - 6/7

Pressure Points - 5/4

Sleight-of-Hand - 5/8

Sneak - 3/8

Traps - 0/7

Passive Skills:

Drinking - 1/5

Scholarly Knowledge - 4/7

Speech - 5/7

Neigong (Inner Strength) - 8/10

Qinggong (Light Body Skill) - 4/8

-----

Techniques:
Basic Fist
Basic Swordplay

Reikan. (霊勘, Spiritual Instinct) A technique that involves the use of qi in such a way that it augments the five senses of the practitioner. It is analogous to multiple similar techniques known by martial arts practitioners in the Central Plains. It requires a calm inner state to be used effectively, with the greatest effects being seen during meditation. (+3 Perception)

Kagemi. (影身, Shadow Body). A method of silent moving that melds well with your Kuanglang Step – Kuanglang Step will increase to a higher level, allowing you to be undetectable to all but an elite few. (Additional +2 Stealth to Kuanglang Step).

Ruanhong Zhusuo. (Crimson Spider Silken Ropes, 軟紅蛛索) A technique that relies on the Wudu Cult’s specially treated spider silk, which is as tough as steel. The threads can be used to enhance offense or defense in equal measure when wrapped tightly, and are extremely effective at binding enemies when unravelled.

Jueshi Wugong Sword Song. (绝世無功劍曲, Supreme No-Effort Sword Song) Devised by the swordplay genius Shangguan Chuji, this technique is a method of learning swordsmanship quickly that allows even the laziest, most talentless martial artist the potential to become skilled at the blade. (+1 Sword skill cap)

Combat
Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style (源流劍術, Minamoto School Sword Style).
Level 8:
Splashing Tail of the Black Tortoise – A rapid attack that involves the use of the scabbard as a defensive measure, drawing the sheathed sword in a simultaneous slash in a style that combines both defense and offense.
Leaf Dance of the Azure Dragon – A series of flowing, precise slashes linked together with graceful footwork so that it appears like a single move dancing around the opponent
Fiery Flight of the Vermillion Pheasant – a sequence of six powerful slashes executed in quick succession as the user leaps forward, aimed at overwhelming their defenses.
Golden Fangs of the White Tiger – a dangerous double-edged move that resheaths the sword mid-fight to expose the enemy’s weakness before counter-attacking at the last possible second with immense speed and power.

Wuying Leipo Kick (无影雷破脚, Shadowless Thunder-Breaking Kick).
Level 8:
Soaring Thunder Flash - A leaping move that allows you to travel far into the air at high speed: the basic foundation of the technique.
Air Shadow Dragon's Tail - A series of kicks that allow you to rebound off an opponent, attacking from multiple angles.
Earth Splitting Lightning Descent - A powerful downwards strike with your heel.
Returning Wind Spear - A reverse spinning kick that uses the momentum of an opponent's attack to increase its power.
Sand Storm Floating Lightning - A sweeping kick that knocks the target off their feet, followed immediately by a strong upwards kick that launches the target into the air.
Shadowless Thunder Breaker - A rapid assault of twelve consecutive kicks carried out at blinding speed, so fast that they are rumoured to cast no shadow in their movement.

Xianglong Eighteen Palms. (降龍十八掌, Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms).
Level 2:
The Arrogant Dragon Regrets - a weak palm strike that is humble and formless, allowing you to chain it smoothly into any form of movement for infinite variations.
The Sky-Soaring Dragon - a leaping attack where you strike downwards with your palm from a high position.

Shouwang Mad Claws. (獸王狂爪, Mad Claws of the Beast King).
Level 10:
Style One - Golden Lion's Wild Beats - a mixture of swift overhead strikes and low sweeps, attacking with a circular movement.
Style Two - Bloody Diamond Horn - a powerful forward thrust, targeted at the opponent's chest.
Style Three - Diving Eagle Grip - a series of powerful grapples that emphasize on digging your fingers into the opponents tendons and locking their limbs in place.
Style Four - White Tortoiseshell Breaker - a style of forming claws strong and sharp enough to puncture the defences of the opponent, no matter their ability.
Style Five - Elusive Claws of the Hidden Tiger - deceptive claws that flow from the other styles to deliver a devastating counterattack.
Style Six - Raging Claws of the Mad Lion - qi-enhanced swipes with the potential to tear up the earth and bring down trees in a wide swathe of destruction.

Chuzhan Fist (除斬拳, Dividing Sundering Fist).
Level 2:
Style One - The Parched Earth Cracks - a series of rapid, forceful straight punches that aim to keep the opponent off balance.

Self-Taught Style.
Level 2:
Pine-Cutting Sword - A swift, direct lunge aimed at overwhelming the opponent with strength and speed. Modified from the first step of the Songfeng Swordplay.
Deceptive Fish Stab - A flexible and flashy three-step attack that involves luring the opponent into misjudging their distance, compounding their errors with an effective feint, and finishing them off with a quick stab. Works best with the Yuchang Sword.

Neigong
Luanshi Wuchangdao (亂世無常道, Impermanent Way of the Chaotic World)
Level 8: All flows from the Origin and returns to the Origin. Increases the power and speed of your attacks when activated, as well as heightening your durability and perception. You can birth order from chaos and form chaos from collapsing order, switching between the two states when necessary. The chaotic state is the default state of being, and easier to maintain. You are able to absorb the internal energy of others at a moderate rate when in physical contact when in a chaotic state. (+2 Strength, +2 Agility, +2 Endurance (Chaos), +2 Perception (Order))

Wuxiang Qiankun Skill (無相乾坤功, Formless Universe Skill)
Level 1: A legendary neigong technique that births form from formlessness, allowing the user to imitate both the form and essence of another’s techniques even if it would normally require years of practice or decades of inner strength cultivation. You are able to mimic the techniques of practitioners with a lower level of internal energy when in an orderly state.

Qinggong
Kuanglang Step. (狂狼步 Mad Wolf Step).
Level 4: You can move quietly at running speed in normal surroundings and hold yourself still in shadows. You can also shrug off poor grapplers, tumble, roll and dodge acrobatically, as well as run up low walls. (+2 Sneak, +1 Agility)

Recipes
Qi-Suppressing Pill
Enervation Potion
Three Poisons Powder
Three Poisons Antidote
Blood-Stemming Poultice
Yao's Protective Ointment
Herbal Remedy
Yao's Lucky Laxatives
Five Poisons Powder
Five Poisons Antidote

Items:
Fire Medicine Powder
Spiritual Suppression Talismans
Wodao
Wolf's Fang Amulet
Yuchang Blade
Special Five Poisons Powder
Dagger

Btw. could someone with a computer post our character sheet after every update? Maybe Nevill or Baltika9? I would do it myself but I don't have a computer with internet access at the moment.

Kipeci

Arcane
So long as Bai has less neigong than us we'd be able to replicate his nonsense anyway.

edit: By the way, how does Jing accepting his role and responsibility for them in the form of a title make him 'just like Ahura!'? That only happens if Jing goes along pressing other people's wives and girlfriends into his harem after obliterating their nonsense. The only option where he's really being a throbbing dick is the LORD MAN TIGER PIG one.

And what makes you think he has less neigong? Or that the manuals he'll find won't increase his neigong? Pretty sure treave said they would...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom