Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
With so many flops going about, I'm putting the updated post-flop tally here for reference.

Current tally:

A1 – 3
A2 – 5
Ax – 2
B1 – 5
B2 – 8
Bx – 1
C1 – 7
C2 – 1

Post-flop:

A1 – 1
A2 – 9
B1 – 3
B2 – 9
C1 – 9
C2 – 1

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, upon reflection, the letter thing is a pretty critical blow against B. It just won't do much to stop Mao Sanjiao, and there's not much to hope that Song Lingshu will have a good plan to make a triumnphant return and oust him. And no, laxatives won't make one iota of difference for her chances, because come on, one laxative affair destroys the political capital of a sect head? No way.
I dunno man, from where I'm standing it seems that B1 does the following: we humiliate Sanjiao with the laxatives, the pants shitting guests are too busy being shocked to go search for Lingshu and us, giving us a lot of time to escape the mountain, and BJ is using his political genius without sticking his neck out like in A1. He is just defending the noble Song Linhshu from the manipulative Sanjiao and destroying his rival's reputation. B1 just seems like the intelligent move to me that doesn't depend on watery alliances or dumb luck to escape.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, upon reflection, the letter thing is a pretty critical blow against B. It just won't do much to stop Mao Sanjiao, and there's not much to hope that Song Lingshu will have a good plan to make a triumnphant return and oust him. And no, laxatives won't make one iota of difference for her chances, because come on, one laxative affair destroys the political capital of a sect head? No way.
I dunno man, from where I'm standing it seems that B1 does the following: we humiliate Sanjiao with the laxatives, the pants shitting guests are too busy being shocked to go search for Lingshu and us, giving us a lot of time to escape the mountain, and BJ is using his political genius without sticking his neck out like in A1. He is just defending the noble Song Linhshu from the manipulative Sanjiao and destroying his rival's reputation. B1 just seems like the intelligent move to me that doesn't depend on watery alliances or dumb luck to escape.

You're going off into the clouds again. (1) Sanjiao is humiliated, but the bulk of that will come from Song's departure, not the laxatives. The problem is that it humiliates, but it does not grant Song a great deal of political capital, and having run away, it's not like she will offer her own sect any defense from Sanjiao's future actions. (2) How will BJ 'defend' Song Lingshu afterwards, exactly?

Fangshi

Arcane
B2

I think it will probably hand the sect over to Mao but if BJ and Nie are worried about Mao then maybe he would be useful to keep around. If they are plotting against one another that might be good enough for the time being. As long as Lingshu is free she will be able to challenge his leadership at a later date if necessary. The laxatives also seem largely unnecessary for B since we will be gone before anyone realizes anything.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, flopped to a hard B2, no conditionals.

Baltika's insistence on the laxatives is somewhat retarded, but I find the general idea of playing a long game between Huashan and Qingcheng to whittle them both down to be a smart one. A feels like walking into a trap, but we should be more patient. In B, it's completely unnecessary, so why bother? B2 makes far more sense.

Baltika9

Arcane
(2) How will BJ 'defend' Song Lingshu afterwards, exactly?
treave, can we use BJ's political skills with B to make sure Lingshu's letter gets public and spun up to huge proportions? He's exactly the type of mastermind in that field to pull it off. Since it's pretty much his plan, I think he has plenty of reasons to go along with that.

You want to leave the publicization of the note to him? Sure.
If we have him on the note, he definitely has the talent and inclination to decry Sanjiao. What he doesn't want to do is place Huashan's rep and involvement under scrutiny by making this seem political. By getting his hands on Lingshu's rebuttal, he can seem like the upright gentleman supporting her claims. Bear in mind that Lingshu is really going to take a dump on Mao and the direction he's taking the sect in.
You're going off into the clouds again. (1) Sanjiao is humiliated, but the bulk of that will come from Song's departure, not the laxatives. The problem is that it humiliates, but it does not grant Song a great deal of political capital, and having run away, it's not like she will offer her own sect any defense from Sanjiao's future actions.
Point taken, I'm really being dumb about the laxatives. Flopping to B2.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To hell with it. B2>C1

The near-death experience have mellowed the Codex. Now Yunzi won't get to hear about us and we'll never find her in time.

Baltika9 said:
If we have him on the note, he definitely has the talent and inclination to decry Sanjiao. What he doesn't want to do is place Huashan's rep and involvement under scrutiny by making this seem political. By getting his hands on Lingshu's rebuttal, he can seem like the upright gentleman supporting her claims.
How would a Huashan swordsman decrying the head of the rival sect not make it political?
In before he forces Mao Sanjiao in an alliance with Huashan on subservient terms because otherwise Mao stands to lose everything.

You are playing with fire here.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Alright, fuck it, let B2 take it's natural course. Last thing I want is to start a sub- subvote for B. :lol: If anything, it's a great thing to leave for the next update: who did we leave to handle it, if anyone.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave, I remember Qilin wanted to do something nasty to zhang manxing if he crossed paths with us again, and he just did. Will she attempt anything? Anything from afflicting him with some slow rotting disease to a laxative overdose so that he would remember this occasion fondly would do, really. As a servant, she is in a perfect position to do so, and I don't see her as a forgiving type.

I don't want this to be a separate choice for Jing, just a question about her own intentions. She would poison him herself if we went with the prince, after all.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If I were to write the letter, I'd have her write it, so it'd be in her handwriting. It would go something like this:
Dear Uncle Mao,

Regrettably, I cannot marry you. There are two reasons for this.

1. I do not feel you are fit to lead my father's sect. You are an evil old fool with a small, shriveled penis.
2. I am eloping with Man Tiger Pig as he has a much bigger dick than you and can also tear a man's eyeballs out through his butthole (he says he's willing to demonstrate this, should you not believe him).

Go to hell, you controlling bastard,
Song

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Codex oscilating between fatal naivete and murderous paranoia. First you don't trust BJ at all. Then you trust him to do everything we tell him to do.

Why do you think he will publicly read that letter when it will affect both his and his sect's reputation?

More likely he's going to burn the letter and tell everyone we abducted her, then come to a deal with Mao Sanjiao so that he rescues her from our foul hands and he gets to marry her.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Re: Qilin, she might. You don't know for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom