Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Wonders 3

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Trade the games on Steamtrades guys. It will make you purchase so much easier.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Region restricted

All this talk from both corporate and political leaders about how wonderful globalization is and yet we have region restrictions?

They are necessary as prices of Steam games in Russia re much lower than in other regions. Poland gets fucked because instead of lumping us with Russia or US, we get fucked by having EU prices.
At least GoG and Humble Bundle are fair for everyone.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Bought it through that Australian site, and i can confirm it's working! Thanks for the tip, saved almost 50%:thumbsup:
Link?

https://cdkeys.com.au/products/Age-of-Wonders-III.html
Quick google search finds several cases of scams related to that site. You'll probably get the key but still...dodgy.

I'm playing it as we speak though

Also bought a key from that website. They mailed me the game as a steam gift. Still dodgy for sure. Hope I dont get banned.

Received my steam gift too while I was at work.
How long after you ordered it?

Yeah, and activation through a Russian VPN..good luck with that.

Takes 10 secs.

Yeah, but you risk getting Steam banned.

No, that's a myth.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm trying to work out the success rate of inflicting a status effect, but i'm not terribly good at math.

The Tome says this:

47rJIfO.jpg

Shouldn't that be: Success chance= 50% + (x) + 5%, instead of: 50% + (x) x 5%?
Definitely not. 1/2 chance +- difference between strength and resistance. 5 higher resistance means immunity. 5 lower...

edit:
I did an analysis of system, and I wrote a typo here. The system should be done with 5 difference to be +- 1/2. They did it as 5 difference is 1/4. But if they wanted a system which peaks at 20 for majority of strong stuff, they should shrink the variability.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yeah, and activation through a Russian VPN..good luck with that.

Takes 10 secs.

Yeah, but you risk getting Steam banned.

No, that's a myth.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

If you do it repeatedly, they might step in. If you do it just occasionally however, they won't give a shit.

Definitely not. 1/2 chance +- difference between strength and resistance. 5 higher resistance means immunity. 5 lower...

I don't get what you're saying.

Here's an example of what i meant:

You're trying to apply a magical effect, 50% + (non physical strength is 10 - Resistance of your opponent is 5, which leaves you with +5) +5% additional chance. Total 50+5+5= 60% chance of applying an effect.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I bought it from a Russian for 12 pounds, bit less than 15€ and exactly $20

Ashery

Prophet

You're trying to apply a magical effect, 50% + (non physical strength is 10 - Resistance of your opponent is 5, which leaves you with +5) +5% additional chance. Total 50+5+5= 60% chance of applying an effect.

If that were the case, it'd just be 55% + (physical strength - defense)%

dragonfk

Erudite

Where the fuck did you both go to school? It says there plainly that:
50% + (strength-resistance)x5%
x as in multiplied by!!!!

so 50% + (15-5)x5% = 100%

Sheesh...

sser

Arcane
Developer

Where the fuck did you both go to school? It says there plainly that:
50% + (strength-resistance)x5%
x as in multiplied by!!!!

so 50% + (15-5)x5% = 100%

Sheesh...

He's saying if the 5% was additive then it would just 55% + (x).

With the multiplier it would be... 50% + (10x0.05) = 50.5% chance.

I guess...? But that makes the resist/armor impact seem lower than I think it is.

Edit: Unless it means multiplying the 5% itself? That seems right. The way they have it written out can be interpreted somewhat differently.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Well AoW2 first campaign started when you saved remains of humanity from Tigran genocide. It seems their karma kicked back in a form of humans massacring them with gunpowder.

Renegen

Arcane
Region restricted

All this talk from both corporate and political leaders about how wonderful globalization is and yet we have region restrictions?

They are necessary as prices of Steam games in Russia re much lower than in other regions. Poland gets fucked because instead of lumping us with Russia or US, we get fucked by having EU prices.
At least GoG and Humble Bundle are fair for everyone.
I missed you missed the point entirely... outsourcing isn't region restricted :P

:incline: Point based skill choices are back from AoW I. Gone is the stupid random random skill system in AoW II.

:decline: Having to create a Triumph account and log in to preserve my game settings and access that profile's saves has the vile stench of uplay about it. Does this mean I can't resume the campaign offline?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Trade the games on Steamtrades guys. It will make you purchase so much easier.
Or just get the game from The Pirate Bay if you don't want to pay the fair asking price.
Yes, obviously.
:decline: Having to create a Triumph account and log in to preserve my game settings and access that profile's saves has the vile stench of uplay about it. Does this mean I can't resume the campaign offline?
Yes. If you start a campaign in online mode, you can only load those saves in online. If you switch to offline, you have to start new. If you want to avoid this, start singleplayer in offline. Of course you can't play multiplayer that way.

Ephesos

Novice
Gah, the AI is dumb as a nut.
  • if I turtle it starts spamming level 4 units and hero stacks out of nowhere every turn even if he has only one dumb village.
  • if I rush I get no fun because the AI is too dumb to provide a challenge in early turns. And I hate rushing in single player.
  • It cheats with no shame, have never seen such blatant cheating in a game. Its worse than dragon age 2's enemies dropping on your head, except that was in real time.
Also:
  • level 4 doom stacks are overpowered as usual, shrines are just broken.
  • defense and resistance are either broken or useless by design.
  • whoever thought that squads with one remaining unit should deal the same damage as full squads should have his/hers tin checked. Either do it the HoMM way or just keep single units per army slot.
  • I find most maps too small.
AOW:SM is a superior experience in every way, even from a graphics standpoint, units look generic and its difficult to assess unit type at times unless hovering to see the description.
Game needs balance patch ASAP.

Edit: Yay, first post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom