Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's win the title in Football Manager 2014! (Soccer if you are a fag)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll look to update it this evening, no promises though. I'm not home tomorrow and need to prepare some stuff so it's gonna be sunday at the latest, promise :oops:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Update II More matches and injured players

Alright, time for the next update. I am still looking for a way to connect FM with my YT account to upload the goals on video but it just won't work even though followed all the required steps. Pretty annoying unfortunately. Recreating goals with pictures alone isn't that easy.

Also sorry for the league table being displayed on a few match screens, I forgot about that. And I still didn't turn off the steam overlay so you can see LundB going online and be happy about that.

Whatever, let us begin.

Press conference after the cup match:

uesw8aZ.jpg

vpI5BtE.jpg

Praising stabby a bit, I hope she repays it!
gx1Xkyy.jpg

And time to draw the second round of the cup
jmPA3HX.jpg

It's Duisburg. A 3rd division team, we should be able to handle that.
7t2zHY6.jpg

And then it's time for the next match already. Codexia FC v RPGamer. Let's show them who's the real deal!
eutciri.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: Alright guys, this is it, this is the first league game of the season, now it gets real. Go out there and show those guys what a prestigious gaming magazine plays like!
OfES7zX.jpg

We are having a good game and create lots of chances. Here Raw crosses the ball to Menck who is under too strong pressure to get it into the net unfortunately.
7LTimuN.jpg

6VbV9SS.jpg

Also one of the many 'chances' by Broseph . It wasn't even directed goalwards. But more of that later. Spoiler: He sucked horribly.
LReENV2.jpg

But RPGamer is creating chances too
wVl1XsB.jpg

Then sea with a free kick. The goalie could barely save it and the ball dropped right in front of Raw's feet!
NwKDekC.jpg

2iXglYI.jpg

Unfortunately the keeper saves again with an amazing foot save.
WzEQbLy.jpg

It's half time then.
HzcAaII.png
: We are doing pretty good. Keep this up, we can still win this thing!

OFGGV8N.jpg

But shortly after the game started again...
GwJDqWw.jpg

:x

This could only happen because sea was standing like 500 metres away from his man!
CT1SPDW.jpg

The enemy striker had no opponent then and was going on goal
NWnTDU2.jpg

Stabby was helpless
nXw9fIJ.jpg

So it's Codexia 0 - RPGamer 1
Sea should get credited for that goal.

Geez, time for substitutions. Ulminati and Azira for Raw and Menck, who played absolutely shitty today. Probably already went nuts because he managed to score against Neckarsulm.
G0Pcbqh.jpg

We then have one more great chance to equalize. The ball somehow falls to Ulminati who basically just needs to shove the ball in.
Ib6x7tc.jpg

zV1bjCe.jpg

But he actually manages to MISS THE FRIGGIN' GOAL FROM 6 M DISTANCE!
Xu1agBB.jpg

:x²

That was the last chance, game is over afterwards.
GQSOIED.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: That was an insult to our fans! What the hell were you thinking, huh? How can you miss so many chances! And Broseph, why the hell did you shoot on the friggin Goal for EIGHT TIMES but didn't manage to direct it towards the actual goal at least ONCE?! That has to be a new record! Alright, get yourself dressed. Man, I'm pissed!

wZsMrVv.png
: But, but, but... Don't yell at me like that coach, I really did my best. I didn't even want to start football at all, my parents made me do it. I actually wanted to become a ballet dancer but my father said that would be gay an- hey, where did everybody go?!

3hGdKrK.jpg

STATS!
We were better in every aspect, still lost. Also look at this. We had 16 shots, but only 2 were actually on goal. Jesus, we need to train shooting. What have you been training before I arrived?!
xBR4R2G.jpg

Broseph's shooting skills in one picture. Words fail me. 8 shots. None even close to even remotely get dangerous. The goal is that big white box with a net in it, Broseph. It is NOT the purpose of the game to shoot as many photographers outside the pitch as possible.
CngjEnw.jpg

All in all most of the squad has played pretty average, with Menck being pretty bad. Is Ulminati's star about to rise?

After the game I start ranting about penalties not given since I of course argue with the officials too (I don't even remember a penalty-worthy scene but who cares?).
0Nl7mOo.jpg

And Irenaeus got injured during the game. He will be missing up to 4 weeks according to our doc. Worst case scenario actually happened. Alright. Time to throw tindrli in. This is going to be bad :(
D6VQRhu.jpg

But at least shiteatingnippledick is back. Thank god for that, maybe he can actually hit the ball like a man.
bovpFNO.jpg

And I am warned by the FA for my accusations of having not been given a penalty. Good, I will soon be banned to watch a match or two from the stands :smug:
wMGhdbx.jpg

Broseph gets injured while on national duty. Probably hung himself while fastening his shoes.
osKutBT.jpg

Time for the next match. But not before insulting the coach of RPGamer. I have to accordingly represent the Codex after all.
QlTtKdJ.jpg

Also I laughed at the manager of GamePro, who is not amused.
nzcyY6J.jpg

Alright. It's Kotaku v Codexia FC! Shiteatingnippledick returns to the squad and a bear named spigot replaces Jvegi for this match for tactical reasons. Also Iren is out of course.
rYpMmTh.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: We need to do better than last time. I know you can do it and the fans are expecting something different too.
glKVCcg.jpg

The game starts off not very well. stabby has to do her best to keep us in the game and she does with a few outstanding saves like this one
7langFS.jpg

Our best chance so far: Jagged Appliance has the lead on his foot but the enemy goalkeeper denies it.
eLLEJyf.jpg

Not much happened until 73rd minute. Time for transfers. Also, yes, Shitnipple actually managed to get injured again.I still let him play though because I am cruel. Ulmi and Kashmir in, Menck and Jagged Appliance out.
OGfySTf.jpg

And then it happened!
6FKmzin.png

8DipRbC.jpg

Rawnaldinho was taking a corner and brought the ball to abnaxus
qIMhYEA.jpg

And he didn't think much but just hammered that ball in! Great job!
meORiXg.jpg

hGtko6D.jpg

Kotaku 0 - Codexia 1
Danke! Bitte!

Ok, time to get this across the time now. I change instructions to waste time and not playing the ball forward anymore.
FyTkMpr.jpg

And we win!
HzcAaII.png
: Great job people! We have shown those jerks from Kotaku where they belong! But still we need to make more use of our chances.
9MZ32te.jpg

It was a pretty even match, although Kotaku had way more possession. But that's ok, they couldn't really make use of it though.
Z4D1yk6.jpg

All our shots on goal:
1za8kGG.jpg

Stabby had a very good game, also abnaxus and sea. The rest was pretty average.

After the match I go on with the important things: insulting other managers.
pqineOi.jpg

Also Abnaxus gets well deserved praise.
4A1yBYa.jpg

And Shitnipple will be out for a few weeks again. I need to react.
CXlGJnB.jpg

And I do so by getting a player from our second team up. Do your best, zwanzig_zwoelf
lQzdsA9.jpg

lQzdsA9.jpg

Stabby is in the team of the week! Congratulations!
DVLIYnq.jpg

Let's jump to the next match, nothing interesting happened otherwise.

It's Codexia FC v IGN
As you can see ZZ is taking shitnipples spot. Also Jvegi is in again, with Kashmir Slippers dropping out again. And, *gasp*, Ulminati is starting! I hope you are willing to take that chance!
5c92sow.jpg

I haven't even taken my first screen of the game when:
6FKmzin.png

Ps3kWzG.jpg

And it is Zwanzig_Zwoelf! Now that's a way to introduce yourself to the team!
ABNS won an important aerial duel and got the ball to Ulminati.
kr6Hfsy.jpg

Ulminati then quickly played the ball forward to ZZ with a very nice pass:
oEOR9Ya.jpg

ZZ then did great by getting the ball ahead of the keeper with a great finish
EwcK5YN.jpg

y866EIk.jpg

Then I didn't take screenshots until the 85th minute again. Sorry about that, I was obviously losing concentration, it was a long session. But regarding that 85th minute...
W01ghdW.jpg

:rage:

This time it's tindrli's fault. Oh and what a glorious failure it was. He was trying to play the ball to Jvegi
X3EKDAd.jpg

But played the ball right into an enemy player's feet!
yIIjIVO.jpg

They did pretty well then by passing the ball quickly to a free standing player who just took a try from out of the penalty area. Too bad it went in, stabby didn't look too great at this scene.
TiRoY5Q.jpg

bzhmvIK.jpg

Qmqp1Qp.jpg

Codexia 1 - IGN 1
Well, shit.

Game's over then, I won't be too harsh since this was a pretty good team after all - a draw against them is perfectly fine.
HzcAaII.png
: Don't worry guys, you did well by managing to get a draw against a big team like IGN. We are doing good!
9PcCG6A.jpg

It was a very even match, it is good that our tactics are obviously working. Still the bad conversion of chances keeps worrying me.
8Eg8sbG.jpg

All of our shots again:
bnH92kl.jpg

ZZ had an outstanding game, if he keeps playing like this it will be very hard for shitnipple and Broseph to get into the team again. tindrli played average like most of the team but his mistake was horrible and declined his rating. He is still young though so I won't be too harsh to him. Also Abnaxius was having a pretty good match again.

At this point I was already pretty tired, I should have stopped. I forgot to take important screens, for example of team talks. Sorry about that :(

After the next match some of our players will be going on international duty again. Some of those names are second team players still having their real names since I won't need them. They are just bad.
x09ueqi.jpg

Nothing else happened during the few days between two matches so let's jump to Gamebanshee v Codexia FC!
Menck returns to the first eleven, the rest of the line up stays the same.
ixa2SFW.jpg

HzcAaII.png
: I'm so tired, can you just go out and win?
X7jIKsN.jpg
: Awww, do you want to cuddle a bit? You can sleep in my arms.
HzcAaII.png
: Hands off! I'll never let you play again if you do this again! Also you are injured, what are you even doing in the dressing room?!
X7jIKsN.jpg
: I like seeing other people naked. Like Iren.
OQpLNkR.png
: What?! Ohh, if you even dare I will cut you open with my axe and-
HzcAaII.png
: Wrong LP guys. You don't have an axe Iren and are not a choleric dwarf. Anyway, get out there and win this, ok? Shitnipple, you get lost now!

The game keeps going without too much interesting stuff when in the 45th minute raw took a corner.
Q9bCWOC.jpg

He brought the ball to DDZ who almost scored his first goal here! Unfortunately the ball went to the crossbar and fell to the ground with the referee saying it wasn't in. Close one!
UWqTPFq.jpg

RgvaIzX.jpg

Halftime
HzcAaII.png
: ZZZZzzz... mmfjawohldasschnitzelgrmpf... zzzZZ
eivm8ey.png
: Err, coach? Hey, coach. COACH. Oh well. Let's just get out again and win this thing.

Substitution in the 68th minute. Kashmir Slippers for Jvegi. We can still win this!
fHSMmgK.jpg

And lo and behold, for in the 73rd minute:
6FKmzin.png

Menck scored again! Finally! And what a goal it was.
yrK7FZE.jpg

Jim the Dinosaur brought the ball to the just introduced Kashmir Slippers.
Tb8fgqB.jpg

Kashmir then passed it to Menck who knocked the ball behind the enemy defender and rounded him quickly. A great move!
a55Jeeh.jpg

CPsiWoA.jpg

He then took heart and hammered the ball from far out towards goal. I hope you can somehow imagine it with those screens. I wish I had that goal on video :/
kp2DbfP.jpg

PREG2jz.jpg

CMOWW7C.jpg

Gamebanshee 0 - Codexia 1

After that the Banshee was getting more aggressive. Time to go full defensive again for the last few minutes.
BNrOwtY.jpg

Then it was over. We have won! A great feat against a very strong team.
HzcAaII.png
: Err, what? What happened? We won?! Oh great! I mean, of course, I have watched the match after all. You did great, nobody would have expected us to win here! Clearly it is because I am awesome and could probably even teach a squad of Gorillas to play this game right! What? Why are you looking at me this way?
4qU65hO.jpg

Again a very even match. We are doing really great against the bigger teams!
qFQMQS7.jpg

And I obviously took Banshee's shots instead of ours. Well as I said, I was very tired. Have a look at them anyway :P
HTwFKM2.jpg

All in all most of the squad did average with tindrli being on the decline again. Menck did very well obviously, also sea did good. Sea is really becoming a backing in the defensive!

And that concludes today's update. I hope you liked it and it wasn't too boring, especially in the end with all those missing screens.

In the next update we will check out the table to see if we can anticipate a first trend and see if we can get iren fit again. Tindrli really is too inexperienced. The rest of the team is doing pretty well with the position of the right winger being a bit problematic. Also there's that well known issue with us shooting very little goals.

Last edited:
Alright, time for the next update. I am still looking for a way to connect FM with my YT account to upload the goals on video but it just won't work even though followed all the required steps. Pretty annoying unfortunately. Recreating goals with pictures alone isn't that easy.
Pain is temporary. Glory is eternal.

And lack of torn bones and broken ligaments is :decline:

Also, yes, Shitnipple actually managed to get injured again.I still let him play though because I am cruel. Ulmi and Kashmir in, Menck and Jagged Appliance out.

Let me tell you what actually happened.

0nzG1.gif

"Coach, my leg looks funny."

"'Tis but a scratch, back to the field!"

"I can barely walk..."
DUl9.gif

"I'm gonna half your pay you mongrel!"

"I want a new coach.:negative:"

The ball bobbled up just as I took that shot, totally would have scored otherwise.

Also, being an AM in a system without AMs :negative:

Infantryman

Scholar
So RPGamer = Eintracht Brauschweig, Kotaku = 1. FSV Mainz 05, IGN = VfL Wolfsburg, and Banshee = Schalke 04. Which team are we playing as and who's Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
So RPGamer = Eintracht Brauschweig, Kotaku = 1. FSV Mainz 05, IGN = VfL Wolfsburg, and Banshee = Schalke 04. Which team are we playing as and who's Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund?

We are playing as Nuremburg. Bayern Munich is the RPGWatch of course while the Escapist is Dortmund.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, the squad looks pretty well covered already, but if you need another signing in the winter break, I'd be happy to join.

02-Louis+VAN+GAAL+Panini+Sparta+Rotterdam+1982.png

A Dutch central midfielder, slow, technical, strong on the ball, that sounds about right. But if you need another position, that's cool too.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
No update but a short spoiler in form of a video.
I have finally found a way to upload goals on YT. But I think the quality is too bad. What do you think?
Should I add those highlights at the end of each match update but still use screenshots? Shouldn't I be using YT at all? Should I use it but the quality is just horrible so no?

Also look at raw's amazing goal! Which turned out useless in the end but still nice to watch.

Last edited:
Quality is horrible, try bandicam for capping one part of the screen with better quality or ask someone who actually has done this stuff for some tips.
I would like YT goals they're easier to perceive, probably would make the job easier for you too which is a plus.

Also
http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/?id=414
Search for "youtube uploads", can you change the resolution of the video with that?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Quality is horrible, try bandicam for capping one part of the screen with better quality or ask someone who actually has done this stuff for some tips.
I would like YT goals they're easier to perceive, probably would make the job easier for you too which is a plus.

Also
Search for "youtube uploads", can you change the resolution of the video with that?

Thought as much about the quality. I will look into different recording programs.

Unfortunately the 'youtube uploads' option is only available when I am being signed into YT via the game. But this doesn't work for me so I just recorded the goals with the built in recorder (and saved it on my HD) which obviously always uses the worst resolution by default :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom