Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bound by Flame - ARPG where the PC is possessed by a demon

Alonebadman

Educated
I beat the game in under 16 hours which was a little disappointing. I actually had to revise the changing areas, it's completely linear which sucks ass. I figured the decision at the end of Act 1 would open up another area but it doesn't really do much :S. Still, I enjoyed the game for what it was despite being nowhere near as long as the devs said but hey, 15-18 hour hack slash for 40 bucks? Still beats nothing.

Name

Cipher
I suspect the game company is very popular in their own country which is why whey can constantly churning out sub-par RPGs?
Can anyone from there confirm this guess?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Well, maybe they're a modern day Cryo Interactive. That company lasted for a long time and 90% of their games were mediocre at best.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Strange comment about replay value. Doesn't the game story change depending on going full demon or not?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Omega Turbodweeb review

Hummm...
1)Worry if the fictional wife of a random secondary character was raped.
2)Liked Morrigan.
3)Mistake bad writing with developers being proponents of rape.

What RPS is doing? They should hire this guy immediately.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
lol what. that turbodweeb view. this game uses a lot of cliches so I hate it, mass effect and the elder scrolls do it too but they make it obvious so I love them. hurudduuurururururururururu.

Edit:

lol and then he says his favorite character is the one that's like his favorite character from his favorite game the dragon age. lol. fucking boon. holy shit. oh the boonanity

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hummm...
1)Worry if the fictional wife of a random secondary character was raped.
2)Liked Morrigan.
3)Mistake bad writing with developers being proponents of rape.

You apparently didn't get the memo. Any mention of rape in any context is the absolute worst thing you can in the entire world.

Diablo169

Arcane
Holy shit he just said he liked the Mass Effect series, and then proceeded to complain about THIS games villains motivations being basic or non existent.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Well, maybe they're a modern day Cryo Interactive. That company lasted for a long time and 90% of their games were mediocre at best.
Thank you for reminding me about that bunch of cocksuckers.
:x
These faggots took a dump over Dune, Ubik... and some other stuff that I was lucky to forget.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The game is surprisingly good for what it is. Combat is fun, controls and interface are okay, and writing is better than in Bioware games. I actually enjoyed the dialogue, it is quite funny. Characters are also good. Take Edwen for example (the white haired witch) - she is much more interesting and better written than stupid Morrigan.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finished prologue. I like it more than Dragon Age 2. I like how you can change styles and place traps using tactics screen. I will upgrade Ranger tree I think. And it seems dialogue will be that sort of bad which is not annoying, like amusingly bad. Waiting for moar pandering.
Gameplay is like a mix of GoT and Witchers.

Xeon

Augur
TB seems to have likes the game but really hates the combat and some of the companions and therefor does not recommend the game.

Is there no manual saving? When he died the first time he reloaded to a slightly earlier part and in the second time the auto save, saved properly.

anus_pounder

Arcane
TB seems to have likes the game but really hates the combat and some of the companions and therefor does not recommend the game.

Is there no manual saving? When he died the first time he reloaded to a slightly earlier part and in the second time the auto save, saved properly.

Manual saving is in the pc version, at least. Source :- I've been playing the game a bit last night.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Man, TB is really something. Spec your char as a fire mage but when you see enemies, charge them with a big axe Conan the barbarian style, great fucking idea.

Alonebadman

Educated
Warrior is still crap, the amount of damage you can do with the daggers skill tree makes the speed and ninja moves easy to dispatch enemies. Pyro+Ninja(Ranger)=Broken Times. Warrior is actually good for a challenge, parrying is a lot harder than dodging from what I've seen. The final fully upgraded Ranger skill Speed Demon made the last two bosses Swiss cheese as I rained howler monkey fury on them. Last boss will kill you though if you're too stupid pretty easily. The game is tough which is refreshing. It's not tough in the sense of Dark Souls but tough in that you're more of mercenary skirmisher than roided up meat tank soldier/paladin. Oh wait which completely fits the established character being a mercenary. Even with maxed armor, you'll still die horribly which is fun.

TB just sucks at this game. It's ok you can't deal with more than one enemy at a time. I think it's also important to understand your weapon needs higher interrupt applied to it through upgrades. I don't know what the fuck he was talking about, my layout, I was interrupting/stunning the hardest enemies like they were pinatas. Also, these are undead. They don't feel pain, logic, emotion. They just keep coming at you. Isn't that like every zombie ever?

C&C is pretty nonexistent. You get maybe like five-six choices that determine some characters who live or die,etc and it changes up some options at the end. It's weird, it feels like the game had another act and then just cuts to the last area. It sucks because the game could have afforded another four-five hour act to expand the characters. Mathras is my favorite for being what he is.

Last edited:

Name

Cipher
Rape seems to be a consistent elements in their games, as far as I know they were in Of Orcs and Men, Mars War Logs.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Man, TB is really something. Spec your char as a fire mage but when you see enemies, charge them with a big axe Conan the barbarian style, great fucking idea.
The best thing is that he doesn't even set his weapon aflame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom