Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #50: Comic Con Presentation - Intro Movie, LA Gameplay Footage

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

Brian Fargo gave a presentation about Wasteland 2 at the Comic Con convention in London today, which was broadcast live by Resero Network:

The presentation begins with the usual Brian Fargo Kickstarter spiel we've all heard before, but at around 9:30 things start getting more interesting. First of all, we get to see the game's intro movie for the first time. A Kickstarter update released today in honor of the occasion has a standalone version. Have I mentioned that it's live action?

But that's not all. After a short discussion about his design philosophy, at around 18:30 Brian starts showing footage from the game, with an emphasis on vignettes demonstrating the game's reactivity and freedom of choice. There's also a first look at some gameplay from the LA portion of the game. It all lasts for about 20 minutes, and I'd recommend watching it unless you're a complete spoiler-phobe, as it offers a good insight into inXile's design sensibilities.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Live action intros are sooooooooo 90s. Therefore it's perfect.

likaq

Arcane
I love it. I'm glad this is live action and not still images. It's cool and different.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did anybody else notice : "They've been living with the fallout ever since."

:codexisfor:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Live action intros are sooooooooo 90s. Therefore it's perfect.
not if they are high res. it just looks wrong in high res. they should have made a pixely retro 90ies version.

Did anybody else notice : "They've been living with the fallout ever since."
there is a controller chip 13 that looks like the water chip from fallout in highpool and plenty of other references. if anything, the game has too fucking many references...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I loved the start of the intro, with the old footage... the live action stuff after is nice, but lacks charm.

Also, FIRST question was : "What consoles are this for?" :roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait, this was today? In London? Where I'm sitting right now in my brother's flat?

:x

Tsk tsk, it was mentioned in the previous Kickstarter update from Tuesday: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...l-early-access-update-and-release-date.91785/

Also, FIRST question was : "What consoles are this for?" :roll:

My first thought when I heard it was "Please be a troll"

Wouldn't have done any good, anyway. You need those tickets months in advance.

Fuck, the Globe Theater is sold out months in advance.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the intro could have lived without the quote in the beginning.
What happens if I want to play as an evil squad of rangers?

corvax

Augur
Vargas looks horrible, like a 18 year old kid with a painted on mustache. Not a fan of the live footage. Reminds me too much of C&C and Tex Murphy. It does not age well. I love the stock military footage. More of that with some still shots or some type of Fallout-y CGI would have been awesome. Oh, well...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What happens if I want to play as an evil squad of rangers?

You apparently get expelled, wanted dead and sent after, and you can then side with "an enemy" of the rangers, kill the rangers off, and get a unique (premature) ending.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Great intro. By the way, corvax, i used to know a guy who was hairy as a yeti at age 17 and went all grey before 25. That said, the actor playing vargas doesn't look that young at all.

Shevek

Arcane
Awesome intro. Live action works well. I dont think a slideshow would have worked as well.

*edit

Also, I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the graphics, ui, dialogue system, etc. This is looking pretty great. I had to stop listening when he started doing ending spoilers but, it sounds fantastic.

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
Awesome intro. Live action works well. I dont think a slideshow would have worked as well.

totally opposite. with this res it looks like bad B movie

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom