Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #50: Comic Con Presentation - Intro Movie, LA Gameplay Footage

Bulba

Learned
wow, I kinda gave up on this game thinking it will be total shit.... but now after watching that fargo presentation I'm confident that my money went in the right direction

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shit, now I understand how happy I am cause I'm not a picky person.

I'm just glad that the game will come out and I will play it.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The narrator sounds like he's mocking the script. No one sounds like that. Other than that, it's really cool.
I dunno, that's the same person used for General Vargas throughout the game. He pretty much just sounds like that. :P

majestik12

Arcane
The intro looks and sounds like a Nuka Break episode. Not a good thing, but whatever. It's the game that really matters.

I thought similar, although I didn't think it a bad thing, people really like Nuka Break. And I heard the second season wasn't as shit as the first once they got away from the Fallout 3 shit vibe.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
wow, I kinda gave up on this game thinking it will be total shit.... but now after watching that fargo presentation I'm confident that my money went in the right direction

You got Fargoed!
:hug:

Darkzone

Arcane
I like the intro with all it's flaws, because it has a B-Movie style, just like all the Post Apoc. movies from the 80s -90s. But Vargas should have a little more greyed beard and hair, he looks simply to young, also Angela. Also one neat thing is the 13 on the prisoner's back.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Intro sucked. Made me not want to play the game at all. Either shoot the prisoners or take them in. Lame ass speech for the burial. Have a party, tell stories, and actually honor the person if you give a shit. Fuck platitudes.

Existence is cruelty.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Intro sucked. Made me not want to play the game at all. Either shoot the prisoners or take them in. Lame ass speech for the burial. Have a party, tell stories, and actually honor the person if you give a shit. Fuck platitudes.

Existence is cruelty.

:hmmm:

It's a wartime funeral. Their lands are under siege and they are in the middle of an active campaign. The PCs have to go fight immediately after the speech. Should they have had a festival too?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I liked the fact that they used an FMV intro, but the narrator indeed tries too much and the script was bland and uninspired. It fails to excite me in any way about the upcoming game. Dammit, while the game looks fine, there's nothing about it I've seen so far that is more than just... OK. Let's hope that in the end it will be more than the sum of its parts.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
The narrator sounds like he's mocking the script. No one sounds like that. Other than that, it's really cool.
I dunno, that's the same person used for General Vargas throughout the game. He pretty much just sounds like that. :P

I still don't find it convincing. Maybe it works better for the character in game. I'm waiting for the release to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom