Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Xeno-ITZ: Ultimate doom expansion set for Kodexia

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ladies and Gentlemen-Transitioned-Into-Ladies, I bring you:

8kwQ3Mn.png

List of updates
Prologue: The Day ITZ Came (This post)
Update #1 : Babys first ground combat
Update #2 : More light scouts
The Barracks

In chronological order:
Imperator
profreshinal
Cassidy
Pocketmine
Angthoron
Smashing Axe
Zdzisiu
MotherMachinae
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Lightbane
Unkillable Cat
Roxorowski
Kashmir Slippers
SmartCheetah
Comte
PboPIXr.jpg

8zHJM4n.jpg

YHF4VHU.jpg

Sc8a6Pp.jpg

lKQco2o.jpg

QB9F8Rh.jpg

dqw9jHF.jpg

sWrJOLN.jpg

U6LB3sh.jpg
FTJspuH.jpg

RN5WTjb.jpg

Active mods
- Skitso's Megamix Map Pack - More maps for ground missions to keep small/medium ufos from getting repetitive.

Additional info
- Probably abandoned by page 3. :M
- Get drafted into the XenonITZ Defense Force by volunteering in this thread.
- People are hired on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can request a role, but I will ignore it. Recruits will most likely get to serve as Shieldmaidens. Promotion happens only upon extrodinary (A)wesome or the death of a more senior team member.
- By volunteering you also sign a waiver allowing me to clone you in the event of chronic lack of recruits.
- Cloning happens only so long as noone has signed up in the recruitment queue. Whoever's been dead the longest gets revived first.
- If we build tanks dreadnoughts, they will be crewed by the remains of a fallen battlebrother. Pilots will be chosen on the basis of most kills achieved before dying.
- Difficulty will be Veteran. The LP will be Ironman, but Ironman will be turned off in-game. It would suck if some random glitch borked the ironman save.
- Format will be screenshots and text for ground missions. I may stream bits of missions, but the feed won't go into the LP.
- I may stream an air combat or two, since it's a RTwP thing.
- If a mission is super uneventful (no-one dies, no new UFOs, aliens or items), I'll gloss over the details and just show the post-mission screen.

THE DAY ITZ CAME TO KODEXIA

Undisclosed Location, 0900 hours

9BLALsI.jpg

Lrlg4BX.png
Who's that guy over there? I thought this was supposed to be a restricted area.
8Xn3MIA.png
Weren't you informed? We have a new commander. Our governments both insisted that the initiative be led by one of their countrymen. This was the compromise they agreed on.
Lrlg4BX.png
I thought we were getting a Neanderthal with titanium bones. That's what my briefing papers said.
MwUzfjZ.png
There has been no word from the bunker for weeks. We cannot wait on him any longer. For all we know, he might never emerge with the Grimoire super-weapon.
Lrlg4BX.png
He's coming over here. Quick! Bring me up to speed!

3pxjpLV.jpg

12112.jpg
Gentlemen. Let us get down to business. There are some very serious-looking men back in Washington and Moscow who will be quite cross with me if humanity becomes extinct on my watch.
8Xn3MIA.png
I've relayed your earlier instructions. As soon as you've picked a site for our first base, we will begin construction.
12112.jpg
Very good. I have just the place in mind.

wxrWUiT.jpg

5AkiWgl.jpg

Lrlg4BX.png
Isreal? Seriously?
12112.jpg
Yes. It is an ideal position to cover a large number of funding nations. This has nothing at all to do with the large bags of silver shekels I had moved to my personal bunker earlier.
Lrlg4BX.png
But you're leaving all of America completely undefended! This is unacceptable! I must prot—
12112.jpg
Silence, insolent flesh-thing! My mind is made up and my logic is flawless. If you have any further protests, I'll have you reassigned to distraction scouting duty for the ground team!
Lrlg4BX.png
*gulp* Yes, sir!
12112.jpg
Now be a good subordinate and pass me the Xenopedia datafiles.

mc1085J.jpg

VSobXmA.jpg

uVL6O0T.png

RPwNvpQ.png

wOVwdKu.png

2RaPIaM.png

XrJcSw3.png

wBVjrJ4.png

Ltfva7C.png

3W4witG.jpg

MwUzfjZ.png
What is our plan then?
12112.jpg
Our first order of business will be to shoot down one of the Xeno aircraft. And unlike our friends in NATO, we're not going to nuke it. Tempting as it may be. We need to recover it so we can study the aliens and find the best ways to kill them. We're going to need a crack team of soldiers to clear the ground site of potential alien survivors.
MwUzfjZ.png
I'll put out feelers with the special forces in NATO and the Soviet pact countries. It should be no problem finding volunteers for this glorious task.
12112.jpg
Very good. I had 2 soldiers volunteer in person already. Another 6 or so should be enough to get us started.

Last edited:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I volunteer once again for duty. Last time I didn't get the satisfying death scene I was hoping for.

34scell

Augur
I'm in, just one suggestion:

<femaleSoldierChance value="1" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

Cassidy

Arcane
I'm in, just one suggestion:

<femaleSoldierChance value="0" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

Fixed for maximum WCDS[/lyric suite]

In any case, I want in, as the closest in stats and look to the actual Fallout 2 NPC, if possible.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Add me to the mix

Hopefuly endgame is better balanced now storming a batleship was 3x harder then storming a carrier in v21.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
12112.jpg
I have to say. I'm impressed you managed to drum up warm bodies so quickly.
MwUzfjZ.png
It turns out as long as you promise 'limitless glory', madmen come crawling out of the woodwork.
12112.jpg
Good man. Keep at it. We're going to need replacements shortly. I'm going to go down there and give them a briefing. See if I can drum up some morale. Let me know immediately if the radar picks up anything.

o4bTOQH.jpg

12112.jpg
Trannies and Gentlemen. I am Kommandant Ulminati, and I'll be overseeing you during your time here at our wonderful little subterranian bunker.
Hold on! Wait a second! Why am I a woman!? I specifically requested men!
WTQBN4H.jpg

12112.jpg
Sentiments no doubt shared by your father. But that's neither here or there. I guess you'll just have to save up for surgery. Just don't let any of your oversensitive emotions get in the way of the mission.
10508.jpg
Suck it up, sarge! You don't hear me complaining about being born a negress.
FTo0sMu.jpg

12112.jpg
I see someone got the memo about flattery and racism being the way to earn my respect. I was going to have you assigned to scouting duty, but I've changed my mind. You can have a proper rifle.
16993.jpg
Permission to speak sir?
12112.jpg
Er... Who are you again?
16993.jpg
Sir, Corporal Satan in the Suburbs, sir!
12112.jpg
...And your parents named you this? Seriously? From this day forward you will be known as Corporal Sits. What is it you wanted to know?
16993.jpg
*sigh* you have no idea how many times I've heard that sir. I was wondering what was wrong with my bunk mates rifle.
uQrwKij.jpg

8745.jpg
Is nothing wrong with rifle! I pay good potato for rifle! Make many xeno go Kurwa!
SYDDtw3.jpg

12112.jpg
If you had bothered to read the papers you signed, you'd realize that paticularly talented recruits (or people willing to pay an additional administration fee) get priority on equipment upgrades.
11748.jpg
I have it on good authority the Kommandant accepts bribes in alcohol. :smug:
12112.jpg
When someone specifically requests to get "Up-close and dirty with the untermensch, and bathe in the spray of their blood as I fill them with buckshot", who am I to deny them?
ej9TP4A.jpg

11950.jpg
Wait! You can use alcohol for bribes? Fuck... I had to prostitute myself to bring Sascha along to the barracks.
12112.jpg
Naming your gun? How quaint.
51w23AK.jpg

2337.jpg
Question, sir.
12112.jpg
Yes?
2337.jpg
What is this?
12112.jpg
It's your xeno-issue riot shield.
FTJspuH.jpg

2337.jpg
The hell it is! We paid for additional protection. This is a piece of plywood that has been spray-painted and had 'Xeno-proof' written on it in marker.
14374.jpg
Wait, what!? You promised me this thing was 'a highly-advanced polymer that can withstand a tank shell'! I demand a refu—
sM9eEST.jpg

MwUzfjZ.png
Kommandant to planning! We have a contact on the radar, approaching fast!
12112.jpg
Aaaand that's all the time I have for you guys now. Get your gear and haul your asses to the helicopter in hangar #1

MwUzfjZ.png
We have a video signal coming in sir! The ufo just made landfall and is headed straight for ITZrael!
12112.jpg
Scramble the condors!
pfFv5ZP.jpg

UBu2zRs.jpg

Orq5H7M.jpg

Ifwmjmi.png

vGAcUBh.png

MwUzfjZ.png
Condor-2 reports bogey down. The UFO crashed near the outskirts of dubai!
12112.jpg
Excellent! Deploy the mandrop!
iuLAwEd.png

11950.jpg
Contact! Some warm, alluring, scaly, manly man! :oops:
hHx62au.png

14374.jpg
The fucking pilot practically landed on top of him! CLose your eyes, ladies, I'm throwing a flashbang!
8ggBhnf.jpg

8745.jpg
Kurwa! That bullet went straight through its head and it's still moving!
5ukumln.jpg

2337.jpg
Additional contacts! Why the fuck am I out here with a flimsy piece of plywood again!?
12112.jpg
It's a highly advanced polymer designed to absorb alien weapon fire! Stop whining!
DQlWZXF.jpg

11748.jpg
Don't worry Liebchen! Mutter hast zhis under kontrol!
BYwCABj.jpg

11748.jpg
Wir müssen die Eidechsen ausroden! AH-HAHAHA!
mdLuejy.jpg

11950.jpg
Step aside, civvies! Sascha thirsts for death!
hkSbH39.jpg

12112.jpg
Cease fire, you horrible troll! Every civilian that dies reduces the amount of shekels paid to my swiss bank account! :x
11950.jpg
What? I told them to move and they didn't! It's not my fault civvies are bronze scrubs!
iOtRZ0r.jpg

2337.jpg
It's aiming at me! Don't fail me now, shitty piece of plywoo—AAAARGH!
11748.jpg
It hurts and stings!
9iLKe5R.jpg

(I wasn't fast enough to get a screenshot. But the lizardman fired an auto shot. 2 bullets hit Azira, destroying his shield and killing him outright. The last flew past him and nearly killed Scrooge. Someone buffed the lizardman accuracy).
:incline:
1FwFZRI.jpg

11950.jpg
At least the bloody scrubs got out of the way. EAT AUTOMATIC DEATH, STRANGELY ALLURING SCALY MAN!
97Y8NJW.jpg

ECW8V98.jpg

11950.jpg
:x

8745.jpg
Feel the power of glorious winged potato bullet!
11950.jpg
Stop killstealing ffs! I am the carry here, I need the kills! I'm going to report you after the mission!
H30ETt8.jpg

11748.jpg
Um, boys... I could use ze doktor. I am losing quite a lot of blood!
16993.jpg
Fear not m'lady! I tip my medkit at you!
lCbX588.jpg

14374.jpg
Contact! Dead civilian! he has multiple plasma burns! I could use some back-up!
c1TgRuG.jpg

10508.jpg
There it is! Is it too late to bribe command for better gear?
3kf2rKp.jpg

14374.jpg
Get your asses in gear ladies! This shitty piece of plywood won't survive anoter shot! Eat multiple grenades, scalefag!
toMhdgr.jpg

AMUtisV.jpg

11748.jpg
I will soften up ze Untermencshen for you!
WcrZ5xY.jpg

Sud2EmH.jpg

14374.jpg
:yeah:

12112.jpg
The UFO should've touched down northwest of your landing site. Bring your men up to clear it sargeant.
Jawöhl, herr kommandant! Tzaero, that's your job.
0edtlyg.jpg

14374.jpg
(Come on, plywood. Hold together just a little longer...)
drpOfcm.jpg

14374.jpg
AAAAH! THE PAIN! THE FLIMSY PLYWOOD DOES NOTHING!
7bPUtOI.jpg

11950.jpg
Yes! A static target with nowhere to run! this is my time to shine baby!
rImP0hL.jpg

11950.jpg
FEEL THE HOT LOAD AS I SPRAY MY HYPERWEAPON UPON YOU! AH-HAHAHAHAHA!

12112.jpg
I'd say that went rather well.
Lrlg4BX.png
Rather well? One of your loyal men got killed! And that bloodthirsty psychopath that speaks to his machinegun mowed down two civilians!
12112.jpg
You know that and I know that. But we're two guys who can keep secrets, right?
fUnqiK7.png

f4LR1yu.png
If you mouthbreathing gunmonkeys are done struggling to form coherent sentences with more than five words, I've updates from the research team.
OPZoNk9.png

eGOdF3r.png

PQtWRQs.png

12112.jpg
If the aliens are struggling to maneuver their ships in our atmosphere, we should exploit the weakness in their design. Commence research on how best to arm and upgrade our interceptors immediately!
CoJIGYy.jpg

f4LR1yu.png
We're ready to perform the autopsy you requested of the recovered lizard.
12112.jpg
Excellent. Let me grab some popcorn and I'll be right down.
v4VoAVS.jpg

Code:
(clicking sound)

Dr. Molland: September the 30th, 1979. Testing Schedule A, test subject is Subject S-3, recovered
from an alien scout craft shot down over Dubai. Found unconscious next to the flight control panel
of the UFO, I believe. Today’s test will be a clean amputation of the subjects leg across the lower
portion of the alien equivalent of the femur. It will then be re-attached in stages to test Sebillian
regenerative capabilities while under observation. Overall capability of the subject to heal will be
examined over the next three days. Subject will be under minimal anaesthesia during the operation
to observe as closely as possible real-world responses to trauma while preventing unnecessary
movement of the subject during surgery. Conducting the test today is myself, Dr Peter Molland with
Drs. Yamako Sato and Boris Molotov in attendance.

(Whirring sound mixed with hissing noise)

Dr Molland: With the scaly epidermis so thick and tough, a circular saw will be used to make the first
exploratory incision.

(Whirring sound now mixed with thick crunching sound, loud hiss)

Dr Molland: Considerable resistance of the epidermis even on the leg.... look there. Forceps, please.
There... half an inch thick! We’ve tested this on the shooting range. Their hides would make a
fashionable bullet-resistant vest. Mmm... the blood’s already trying to clot. Let’s get some suction
going, please.

(More whirring sounds, crunching sounds, mixed with warbling hissing)

Dr Molland: Diathermy here and here please . Thank you, Dr. Sato. Scalpel.... incredible. Simply
incredible. Is the camera zoomed in? Look at the ends of the artery. You can see (loud hiss) just how
quickly and efficiently the subject’s system responds to trauma. Okay, we’ll ligate these now.
12112.jpg
gIZv6.gif

91iDoxu.jpg

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Pop goes the weasel!

That was an amusing death, sir! If there's anything left of the carcass, feel free to (ab)use it in any way deemed necessary. :salute:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is good stuff! Also injured for 17 days? Well have fun getting killed out there while I relax and get drunk!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pop goes the weasel!

That was an amusing death, sir! If there's anything left of the carcass, feel free to (ab)use it in any way deemed necessary. :salute:

I honestly didn't expect it. The lizard was at long(ish) range and supressed, plus you had a shield. Hitting all 3 shots in a burst should've been next to impossible. :D
Don't worry. When we eventually construct a tank Venerable Dreadnought, you're first in line to pilot it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom