Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, treave, did we fail the roll to resist possession or did we get possessed?

You first failed the roll to resist possession, then you failed the roll to retain full mental faculties and not degenerate into a total nutcase despite the possession. :|

Oh well, I guess I can still work something out within the confines of those conditions, if I want to.
That's all I ask.
...of course, feel free to ignore my suggestion for that second roll and have us retain our sanity if you so desire.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Librarian's not invincible either, it's just that he is wise enough to lay low and not go around testing his invincibility on everyone.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But the odds! They were so good! How could this happen? :lol:

Meh, can't even get mad. With what became of discuss recently, this was bound to happen.

Let's bury Jing already, and engrave on a tombstone: "Xu Jing, died as he lived, masturbating to the character sheet and mashing the awesome WQS button".

Absinthe

Arcane
The Librarian's not invincible either, it's just that he is wise enough to lay low and not go around testing his invincibility on everyone.
Oh I figured as much. I was just surprised at Xuezi as an example of mastering jianghu techs 'cause I sort of figured the Xueguizi were outside the jianghu proper. Then again that does explain her understanding of orthodox techniques. I wasn't really trying to make a point there.

...of course, feel free to ignore my suggestion for that second roll and have us retain our sanity if you so desire.
If it's alright with you, I'd like to second this suggestion.

But the odds! They were so good! How could this happen? :lol:
Our luck is cursed. We rolled a 1 on that wolf amulet roll too.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The roll was present because the choice was a failure in the first place, as numerous people have warned. We were just given another chance.

It has less to do with luck and more with this:
I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing.jpg

While singing to the tune of "this will totes work, bros, I KNOW!"

It was a miracle we avoided a game over earlier with Xuxian, which, too, had a load of people voting for something they didn't understand and were repeatedly told so, yet they did it anyway.

The caution won over retardation that time, just barely. It was too much to hope it would last.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
18/20
Baltika9
Anabanana
Elfberserker
Smashing Axe
RealDDc
Kz3r0
Zero Credibility
Azira
Akkudakku
Tribute
Lambchop19
The Brazilian Slaughter
Kipeci
profreshinal
Tribute
Jester
Esquilax
Ganymede

Absinthe

Arcane
You're still counting a lot of people who only voted PRAY that one time when Jing died as a "what do we do next" option. You should doublecheck if they intend to PRAY again this time, ya know.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well I didn't get you into the mess that was undone with the huge rollback.

I haven't voted for undoing a single one of my decisions so far.

Baltika9

Arcane
You're still counting a lot of people who only voted PRAY that one time when Jing died as a "what do we do next" option. You should doublecheck if they intend to PRAY again this time, ya know.
Once you're on the PRAY tally, you stay until you rescind your vote. That's how it always has been.

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, my first vote was D, but what happened has happened. ZJ will be much disappoint.

Absinthe

Arcane
I disagree, Baltika9. The original PRAY tally was a number of us saying "Sure, pray whenever." The added PRAY tally that came from the last death was a "lets pray this one time" tally. I still think you're being disingenuous in counting their votes outside the original context.

All I'm saying is to get some confirmation they actually want to be counted as PRAY on this.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Morning After

Your head hurts. Pounding from the inside, as if something is trying to escape your skull. You open your eyes. The light blinds you, causing you to squint, to hold up your hand to blot it out. It is already day. Coughing, you pull yourself up, your back sliding painfully against the rough wall. Every bone in your body is aching. It had been a rough night… night?

You clutch your head, trying to recall the events of the night before. You remember little.

The Sword Demon had approached, and you had met him in battle. You recall mirroring his techniques, his ability, his strength. Turning his own weapons upon him. You had been drawn into the frenetic fight, revelling in the excitement and the bloodshed. Losing yourself in battle, giving all you had over to it. That was the only way to win. To crush your opponent in a direct confrontation. Wasn’t that your style?

When Jian Yixiao lay lifeless in the center of the ruined courtyard, atop the pebbles and the grass, you stood over him and removed his mask.

Just a man, after all.

The agonizing pulse throbbing in your head intensifies. Letting out a groan, you sink back to the cobbled ground, attempting to beat back the pain. After you had defeated the Sword Demon, you had decided to leave immediately for some reason, and everything after that is a hazy mess. The one thing that you do remember, however, is that you took his swords. The Chixiao and Qixing Longyuan swords. No one had attempted to stop you. As for how you ended up in this dirty alleyway, you have no idea.

The sun grows stronger, rising further above your head. You let out a huge sigh as the headache subsides. Getting to your feet, you wrap the swords tightly in your grasp and stumble off, your footing still unsure. You have to make your way back to the inn. The others must be worried. Last night was truly a close shave; if you had been any less quick, any less skilled, the corpse left behind in Zhou Manor would have been you instead.

A fragment of a question floats into your mind.

It was… yes, something that Jian Yixiao had asked, when you were battling him across the rooftop. In between the fierce slashes and powerful blows, he had said something.

Why do you fight?

You do not remember if you answered that question out loud, or if you merely thought the answer. You do not even remember your answer. A stinging pain shoots up your spine and right into your brain, and you almost fall over. It is strange. Why are you thinking so hard about that question? It is an easy question. You have no doubts about the answer. You have always been certain, right? The answer has always been one thing and one thing only. There is only one sane answer you can give to such a question.

A. For the Empire.

B. For the Emperor.

C. For the people.

D. For the sake of fighting.

E. For great justice.

F. For power.

G. For the swords.

H. For those that depend on you.

I. For those that you love.

J. For the person you love.

K. For everything.

L. For nothing at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom