Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there a stealth game

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Which has both social stealth (Hitman) and light based stealth (Splinter Cell, Thief)?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think it has light based stuff, but you may wanna try Death to Spies.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I'm looking for a game which allows you to wear disguises but which also allows you to hide in the dark. Does one even exist?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't think of any game that does both. Fallout: New Vegas allows you to use faction armors to fool less important characters into thinking you belong to that faction. But it's no stealth game as we all know.

Assassin's Creed could have been this type of game, but they decided to go another route. You can hide in crowds, but unfortunately, you won't be using stealth as much as one would like.

Sul

Savant
Metal Gear Solid 3 for camo stealth, plus a lot of attention to detail. There's also Death to Spies which is pretty much Hitman set in WW2.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
There's always Asscreed. It doesn't let you hide in shadows, but you do get to hide on rooftops

Skyrim :troll:

Skyrim's sneaking is affected by light, among other things. The Requiem mod lets you wear faction armor to fool members of that faction into thinking you're one of them. I never tried either because it's simpler to just kill everything.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Hitman is the only game series I know of that has Social Stealth.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Create some alt accounts (social stealth) and cause massive butthurt wreak havoc the Codex by talking how good the new shit is and how horrible Fallout1/2 are. You might even physically injure some people, so all the better.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Hitman is the only game series I know of that has Social Stealth.
What about Assassins Creed? Blending with crowds.

Plus other games with disguises, Death to Spies, The Saboteur, Commandos.

But a game with both social and shadows doesnt exist aparrently. That skyrim disguise mod looks interesting though, the problem is, are there any areas/quests which are designed in a way which allow for such gameplay?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Which has both social stealth (Hitman) and light based stealth (Splinter Cell, Thief)?

Honestly you want Hitman: Absolution. It is exactly what you're describing, it has traditional Hitman moments broken up by very Splinter Cell style pure stealth sections.

Also as mentioned Death to Spies is a very Hitman style game but with more stealth than Hitman usually has.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
But does Absolution let you actually use shadows, or is just duck and cover and staying out sight?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Well i bought it from the Steam sale at 80% off. I loved the previous games.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
I'm looking for a game which allows you to wear disguises but which also allows you to hide in the dark. Does one even exist?

Velvet Assassin.

You can dress up like a Nazi and you can hide in the dark. And you play as a hot chick.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
But does Absolution let you actually use shadows, or is just duck and cover and staying out sight?

I think it was cover-based in the stealth sections. So are most stealth games now-a-days.

chestburster made a good suggestion, I forgot Velvet Assassin had segments where you dressed as a Nazi. They weren't that prevalent or that developed, but they were there. it was 90% a Splinter Cell clone though.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Nice, its 50 cents on steam so might as well try it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom