Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Advertising AdBlock

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
when you reach the true ending of dragonfall you are given a code that you need to paste into the status field of your profile here on the dex. it will disable the dragonfall ads.
Did this..didn't work

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hm, that's weird, it worked for me...
better send darkunderlord a pm then. just make sure you remind him about it every day, as he tends to forget stuff quite often for no reason.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm using adblock in everything that flies, walks and crawls. If right now I didn't have ad-free status, I'd use it in the codex as I've done in the past. While Shadowrun ads may be marginally tolerable the codex had some extremely intrusive and hideous ads in the past and I'm sure will have in the future.

Putting an adblock killer will really be a dick move from the codex, since whenever you really need money for server stuff you run a fundraiser and you always get more money than your goal.

Don't go the Something Awful way. It's the road of despair and faggotry.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Speaking of annoying ads.
I have ad-free, yet when I browse on my phone I get full-page tapatalk popups, as well as an install tapatalk banner at the top of every page.

Can't you turn that shit off?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Putting an adblock killer will really be a dick move from the codex, since whenever you really need money for server stuff you run a fundraiser and you always get more money than your goal.

So you are implying DU is squeezing the codex out for money?
Outrageous i tell you!

Monty

Arcane
Maybe DU needs to make the Codex look a bit more profitable so he can sell out for millions to Marissa Mayer.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I have ad-free, yet when I browse on my phone I get full-page tapatalk popups, as well as an install tapatalk banner at the top of every page.

Can you post a screenshot or take a photo of what exactly you're seeing?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Taluntain -- the problem is on my phone so I'm not sure how I'd go about screenshotting. But it's a "this site wants you to install its [tapatalk] app" notification. Also when you visit the forum index on a phone for the first time in a while, you get a full-screen overlay going "HAY GUIZE! INSTALL TAPATALK NAOW!" with the options ['K] and [No, but ask me again every. fucking. single. day.]. Paraphrased, but still. I'm guessing it's a check the forum does when xenforo redirects you to the mobile version.

A casual google-fu points at the culprit being tapatalkdetect.js being included somewhere in the headers on the mobile site, which in turn prompts the popups.

Mortmal

Arcane
LxUQKT3.png

I feel bad for using ad block too, here's my contribution to codex marketing effort .

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
"There is no doubt about it: GAME_TITLE is an excellent game ... a must buy and a must play." - Hardcore Shill

A template for your perusal

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Taluntain -- the problem is on my phone so I'm not sure how I'd go about screenshotting. But it's a "this site wants you to install its [tapatalk] app" notification. Also when you visit the forum index on a phone for the first time in a while, you get a full-screen overlay going "HAY GUIZE! INSTALL TAPATALK NAOW!" with the options ['K] and [No, but ask me again every. fucking. single. day.]. Paraphrased, but still. I'm guessing it's a check the forum does when xenforo redirects you to the mobile version.

A casual google-fu points at the culprit being tapatalkdetect.js being included somewhere in the headers on the mobile site, which in turn prompts the popups.

That sounds as intended, only I agree it should give you an option to never ask you again as well, but we're just including what comes with the Tapatalk package, so your best bet is to complain about it on the Tapatalk forums unless DU feels like delving into the code and adding the "never remind me again" option and then reapply it manually every few weeks as new Tapatalk versions are released.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

Tapatalk is shit like that. They changed how you disable the annoying ads it and I not yet discovered the new way.

Weasel
I'm more concerned what body parts these are supposed to represent. Has Prosper been trying to design genitalia again?

TCO3CRC.jpg

MksZ1gJ.jpg

Lumpy

Arcane
Ich bin ein Codexör!

deutsch.png

This isn't a complaint, mind, I just find it amusing that the ad service is serving me with German ads. (I don't speak German)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom