Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

G a R M

Novice
Damn people voting for ftl, doesn't everyone own it already? Wanted conquistador.

Oh well, might get the swapper.

Conquistador was in a bundle for $5 a couple months ago on Bundlestars.

As for the community voting for FTL...are you really surprised? They're the same morons who voted for shit that literally was a daily sale the day before. I think I've seen some things 3 times already because of idiots voting.

sbb

Learned
Dust worth it?
Sorry I couldn't see this sooner, the sale ended 30 seconds ago! Yes it's way beyond worth $3, hopefully you did buy it

Edit: the flash sale, that is. it's still worth $5 off the flash sale

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
Grim Dawn is on flash sale for bit over 10 euro. I know its early access but gameplay footage looks pretty good. Maybe anyone played it? Whats the current state of game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dust is an okay'ish combo side scrolling combat game that emulates all the Japanese ports on something like the Sega Megadrive or w/e the third generation console was (after Genesis). It's nothing amazing so if animu furfags turn you off you might as well skip it.

Stokowski

Arcane
I carefully hoarded my potatoes only to find that half of what I ordered from the sale, I'd already bought but hadn't played yet.

:bro:

Angthoron

Arcane
Grim Dawn is on flash sale for bit over 10 euro. I know its early access but gameplay footage looks pretty good. Maybe anyone played it? Whats the current state of game?
I played it recently. It's a pretty good game, nice atmosphere to it, mechanics have been getting some polish as well, plus, for melee, 2-handers are finally in. There's currently roughly 2 chapters implemented, though 2nd chapter felt easier than the first - Chapter 1 had a fairly harsh endboss, I didn't run into one in Chapter 2.

Mechanically it's a good bit like Titan Quest, though obviously with improvements and shit. There's also some minor C&C but as far as I can see it's largely cosmetic, at least until other factions can be interacted with. Interestingly enough, enemies seem to have faction bar tracking too, so I wonder if it'll be possible to join one of the aliens eventually, for example.

Anyway, I had decent fun with it, but YMMV.

Hellraiser

Arcane
HM10BgM.jpg

Would brofist if it had Dark Souls 2 instead of Derp Age: Declinequisition

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The thing with Grim Dawn is that it's not going to be in 'release' state before the Winter Sale so... might as well keep waiting. Unless you like playing betas.

belated

Augur
Otoh the price will probably increase once it reaches release, no? So -50% now might be equivalent to a greater discount after that...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Otoh the price will probably increase once it reaches release, no? So -50% now might be equivalent to a greater discount after that...
I supposed it could but... I doubt it. It's already had multiple sales so chances are you aren't going to garner anymore by RAISING the price of your game when most of the interested consumers have grabbed it.

Deleted member 7219

Games bought so far:

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (for the mods)
Final Fantasy VII and VIII (applied the music patch to VIII, don't worry - I loved the game when I was younger but never completed it, aim to do that now)
The Banner Saga (love the art style, combat is pretty tough on normal)
Wolfenstein: New Order

Astral Rag

Arcane
I purchased:

Divine Divinity and Divinity: Original Sin
Vangers
Muri
The Last Express
The Blackwell Bundle
Primordia
Contagion

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom