Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

tropic

Scholar
A
VI
IX
XIV

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Your practice is primarily meditation in both options. How would they know if you aren't shouting out the name of the skill every few seconds or so? Assume acceptable privacy for the conversations.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
X
X Twin flowers
II Cao'er
VI Xuezi

Well this is hard.
I am mostly torn between talking Nie family.

I think it's good to establish good realitionship with Wudang bros And I am quite intrigued by Kunlun and taishan Discplines.

Edit: Flopped

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A
IX Bai Jiutian
XII Madam Nie
II Cao'er

We ought to speak to BJ and Madam Nie both to cross examine their stories and attain further insight into their plans. Let's keep our mind focused on why we came here in this entourage in the first place, which is to thwart whatever these schemers are doing with the Zhang clan.

I'm not set on Cao'er however. We've just neglected her a fair bit, and this is a good way to settle her. Plus she might help us some more with the arm.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I am not sure about talking with both Bai Jiutian and Madam Nie at the same time. Both are quite suble and smart people even if we have privacy.
Talking to Nie wuxing or twin flowers might yield surprising result since they seems to be more emotional prone.

Of course we must remember that this is also waifu choice and thankfully treave gave us three choices.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I am not sure about talking with both Bai Jiutian and Madam Nie at the same time. Both are quite suble and smart people even if we have privacy.
Talking to Nie wuxing or twin flowers might yield surprising result since they don't seem to have quite.

Of course we must remember that this is also waifu choice and thankfully treave gave us three choices.
Yeah they're both quite subtle and smart, but they're not psychic. If we time talking to them at the right times (Just before BJ goes for a bath or something, before running off to Nie) then we may be able to ply them for information using what the other has told us as ammunition.

I don't think Nie's daughters know anything. Nor do I think Nie himself knows much. I'd be willing to flop to probing Nie and his wife, or BJ and Nie however.

Baltika9

Arcane
So that means a Madam Nie romance?
:bounce:
But Smashing Axe is right on the money here:
Let's keep our mind focused on why we came here in this entourage in the first place, which is to thwart whatever these schemers are doing with the Zhang clan.
Good point about both BJ and Madam Nie. The former is somewhat of an ally of ours, the latter is the actual planner and thinker behind Wuxing.
Yeah, I'm flopping to those two plus Xuezi. She is very pissed about us not unsealing her and I want to smoothe things over because I get the odd feeling that we will need her help soon. That, or calm Yunzi down.

asxetos

Augur
A II, IX, XII

I think that understanding the new arm is more important than even WQS now.

Edit:
Nice arguements by Smashing Axe . Flopping Yunzi and Armaiti to Madam Nie

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think that both Madam Nie and Bai Jiutian will be interested about what we talked to each of them.
Especially Madam Nie and I think she will try to drill information out of Bai Jiutian, if she heard from someone or saw us talking to Miss Bai Jiutian.

I think Nie Wuxing should have decent grasps what his wife plans to do, since Madam Nie still needs her husband to command Hueshan.
Twin flowers might have heard intresting snippets and snappets during their time with Nie wuxing and Madam Nie.

Yifang might know something interesting since she did spend time with castratation squad and I bet those old nuns know or at least can gave us educated guesses about nie wuxing or orthodox world generally.

Fangshi

Arcane
A, IX, XII, XIV.

Getting back up to speed should be our first concern I think rather than further pursuing WQS.

As for who to talk to I agree with Smashing Axe, focus on the plot in front of us. I would however also like to talk to the orthodox apprentices and see if we can not learn something of their motivations. It might still be possible to win them over or at least plant the seeds of doubt in their minds about their masters. Hopefully we can start to make the sort of connections with them that will benefit the Cult and ourselves in the mid to long term.

The only flaw with this arrangement is that it completely neglects all the waifus but I am sure Jing can find a way to make it up to them somehow.

Tribute

Arbiter
Voting A for the first choice. I don't like the possibility of our weird qi doing damage to the Sword Saint's arm or something.

As for who to approach, I didn't even vote for whether to travel with them, so I'll abstain from that for now in favour of the people who actually did have a plan.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We can also fuck up in here, if Super loli or Yunzi spark off the keg powder, so to speak.
Anyway flopping to
X
II
. I Like and I am Interested in old Nie Wuxing here and we could get decent information as well try to defuse situation here Cao,er waifu talk
X These could be potential information sources about Kunlun and Taishan ambitions. It seems that it isn't only Hueshan who are in bed with Zhang Clan. Twin flower trolling

VI. Xuezi.

Edit: Flopped

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For the first choice, A.

I don't think there is much success to be had in talking with Madam Nie. The woman seems to be slimy as hell. The intrigue is her forte, not ours - it would be very hard to catch her off-guard.

It might pay off, but... let's just say I don't feel like it.

I still want to use this trip to talk to the people in the enemy camp. This is a very rare opportunity and we banked very much on it. Thinking about the hell that will break lose once they learn about Vairya makes me want to milk it for what's it worth. So:

IX. Bai Jiutian
X. Huashan Twins
XIV. Liu Qi and Su Liaojing

I am rather set on the last two, as I feel that further relationship with Taishan and Kunlun could only be established through them, and they know about our connection to the Emperor. Bai Jiutian is a somewhat obvious choice, though it seems doubtful she would be able to tell us much under Madam Nie's watchful eye... we might want to get some privacy, first. A sparring, perhaps? Nie Twins are there because I have no business speaking with Su Cheng and Nie Wuxing. I could probably swap them for Xuezi or Cao'er.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
We can also fuck up in here, if Super loli or Yunzi spark off the keg powder, so to speak.
I am concerned about Xuezi's hair-trigger temper and we do need to work out what we'll do with the arriving Ameshas. Maybe a Xuezi-Yunzi-BJ combo will be better? Nevill had a point about Madam Nie being a cunning snake.

Nevill

Arcane
I am concerned about Xuezi's hair-trigger temper and we do need to work out what we'll do with the arriving Ameshas.
She is a child. What will she do? What can she do?

No one in their right mind would act seriously offended by child's antics if they do not want to become a laughingstock.

Yunzi... well, there might be a point to it. I am not sure. I might flop.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
She is Super loli with ability to kick all of our asses with hands tied behind her back and with right incentives she might say fuck this shit.
hmmm...

Is this vote going to way I think it's for met.
I might have to vote waifu row on this one..Maybe

Cao'er might still be pissed and she has been negletated for far too long
Yunzi is walking on the edge here
Super Loli might be walking timebomb

Nevill

Arcane
She is Super loli with ability to kick all of our asses with hands tied behind her back and with right incentives she might say fuck this shit.
She can do this once. Once. (or twice, but that's not the point!)

And you think she would throw this chance away on a tantrum? Did she ever do something that made you feel that way about her?

She is not stupid.

More along the lines of 'I don't want her pissed at us and ready to go if we need her.'
treave, have we been patting her on the head lately?

(Maybe that's why she is pissed. Or maybe the Saint's arm just does not have the right touch)

tropic

Scholar
I voted for Xuezi, BJ and the mysterious emperor-recognizing guy, but I sort of like the waifu options for keeping our own house in order.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Even smart people might do something stupid when they are in emotional state.
I am no expert, but I think that ancient china holds proper respect between people in much higher value than in the west. There is only so much they tolerate from grumpy insulting child before lecturing her or ask their guardian to do something with her.

Walking timebomb was perhaps too extravagant on my part, but she isn't only a "child".
It's not like she gets anything concerate for unsealing her powers from this trip and I strongly doubt that anyone here talks about locations of legendary manual.
The only thing keeping here is Xu Jing and his party support, but nothing else...Not to mention she is pretty good at insulting people and that might lead indirectly starting a fight between the two groups.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom