Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 248: Robert Sirotek on Stones of Arnhem and Cleve Blakemore!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mr. Vegas

+Robert Sirotek
So exactly what have you been doing all this time besides jumping countries to avoid legal action and shaking down ebay sellers? You talk about how you were so "wronged" but I find it ironic that you have had some kind of messy split with almost all the people that created your "product". You go on about how one guy on a forum ruined your reputation but did he put a gun to your head and tell you to screw all those people over? No your rep was ruined way before that and rightly so.

For all the scum things you have done over the years at least make up for it a little by sending an email to the people who run gog.com and getting wizardry 1-5 up there. Don't talk with your lawyers about the best way to keep every shekel away from Greenberg, Woodhead, and Bradley, just make it happen.

I will say one thing, you are a creep but even you had the sense to get out of loot drop once you saw their flagship offering was Pettington Park. Did it give you nostalgia about those other gems Brenda was involved with when she worked with you like Nemesis and Druids: Daemons of the Mind?

inb4 Sirotek Death Squads

:avatard:

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
didn't cleave claim he worked on wizardry? it doesn't sound like he did.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Who's Mr. Vegas? :?
9382.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This was utterly delightful. Especially the photos of Cleve and the monster. Robert doesn't come off looking too good, very out of touch and secretive.

It's weird hearing old time slang like crackerjack since I'm only familiar with the (terrible) snack food. Ugh that stuff is awful.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Crackerjack is somewhat ambiguous, since it can have opposite meanings.

Crackerjack = superstar: He is a crackerjack developer
Crackerjack = akin to a free toy you get in a crackerjack box - of little or dubious value: Where'd you get that dev, a crackerjack box? = He is a crackerjack developer.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
From the context it means exceptional. "X told me he found a CRACKERJACK CODER who could save our game but we've already spent so much on it so we'll offer him pennies"

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
"With the industry going one way," (profitability) "and our company headed another way," (penury) "we decided to shut it down."
Profitability of console games, yes.

During that period major publishers/developers like Microprose, SSI, Black Isle, Troika Games, Rowan Software, Origin Systems, etc. have died. And even if it was because new owners were incompetent, it only meant that the old owners who could make good games had to sell them due to financial trouble.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

During that period major publishers/developers like Microprose, SSI, Black Isle, Troika Games, Rowan Software, Origin Systems, etc. have died. And even if it was because new owners were incompetent, it only meant that the old owners who could make good games had to sell them due to financial trouble.
Black Isle was profitable until the end. The parent company Interplay ran out of money.

Troika wasn't founded until Sir-Tech was gone.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Black Isle was profitable until the end.
Apparently not enough to fund development of new cRPGs.

Troika wasn't founded until Sir-Tech was gone.
Sir-Tech was gone in 2003. Troika already couldn't find a publisher for their post-apo game in 2004.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Matt Barton was talking about doing a playthrough for Mount and Blade. The game is 75% off on steam today. Kind of a thin connection but I didn't really know where else to put this for people interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom