Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dungeon Siege 2: Deluxe decent to Armchair General

Nightjed

Liturgist
Hazelnut said:
Nightjed said:
(in d2 you hardly find anything useful after lvl 30)

Complete and utter rubbish. I don't think you can have played the game to it's full extent to be honest.

I prefer D2 to D1 just for the larger set of options, but love them both.

After losing two high level amazons (Javazon & Strafeazon) to Blizzards' char expiry policy I sold my D2 disks. Three months flys by very easily when you have a busy stressed real life. :(

After lvl30 you only care about runes for crafting/rune items, exep and elite unique items and MAYBE set items (you need either mp to trade for them or keep them stored on another character)
Magical items, gems other than for crafting and uniques/sets with socks and rares are useless, yeah you could find a good rare, it is possible, but its like 1e-10 chance and the higher level you have the more useless traits the item can have and the lower chance to get an useful one

I have played a lot of characters over level 60 so i do have experience although i play in sp and lan only, i hate the community, this is another thing where diablo1 was better, because good items werent that rare you didnt spend that much time fighting over them, at least most of the time you could find something almost as good in the stores if you had the money, unlike diablo2 where you need an oil tanker to carry your gold and they NEVER have anything even remotely interesting after normal act2 (with the exception of wands), hell, they dont even have normal socketed items for when you want to socket something, oh no, you have to play for 6 hours hoping for an exept or elite socketed item (with just the RIGHT number of sockets) to drop which, of course, the higher level you are the lower chance to find them, weeee, at least they added recipes to make this a little less annoying (but then you have to find normal items and runes which are also hard to find)

as for the losing of amazons thing, well, blizzard has always taken a fascist approach to balancing and support, just google nerfing+blizzard to get 29k pages of pure hate

Texas Red

Whiner
I cant understand the fascination with Diablos. You level over the internet and get biger gear exactly why? Where is the point?

Limorkil

Liturgist
The Walkin' Dude said:
I cant understand the fascination with Diablos. You level over the internet and get biger gear exactly why? Where is the point?

The answer is basically the same answer you would get for most MMORPGs. The real fun to be had in the game is from co-op play with people you get along with. Unfortunately, like with MMORPGs, the community 99% sucks. If you can play with friends then it's great. If not, you either play in the hope of meeting some decent people and having a decent experience or you play to get some uber character because for some reason that makes you feel better about yourself.

I prefer D1 to D2 because it is more random, more difficult and less of a chore. D2 is one of those games where thousands of people convinced themselves that it is a great game simply because it was highly anticipated and it has a free multiplayer component. Not that D2 is bad, it just is not as good as what everyone believes.

Micmu

Magister
The Walkin' Dude said:
Exercising your index finger with friends is less tiresome than doing it alone.

k_bits

Scholar
That's what my wife tells me, too.

Bitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom