Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Malevolence: the Sword of Ahkranox - Turn Based - Early Access now available

Guy starting a LP here.

ANibEO.png

:takemymoney:

Alchemist

Arcane
Cool to see that this has hit Steam. I was a backer but haven't played the beta in a long while. I should jump back in and check out the recent additions.

kain611

Augur
Picked this up this past week on steam. Already have around 25 hours or so sunk in to it. Lots of fun.

kain611

Augur
Not finished. Very playable. Lots of options still left out like banks, random NPC's in houses, map markers, colored map squares showing where you've been. Only 7 monster models at the moment. No end of dungeon boss monsters yet.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If they improve the graphics this could easily be the Grimoire killer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh, they said 'release' would be back in December and nearly half a year on it's still basically a beta.
One year later...

Seven monsters? Come the fuck on. Wake me in three more years when they've finished.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wtf is trello? How many shitty social media services are there now?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Being a developer is easy, you just need use words like iterative and incremental to sound like you know what you're doing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This trello (trollo?) looks like some sort of tumblr except is much slower.

Alchemist

Arcane
The game has been in a playable state for quite some time. It's much further along than most early access titles.

Aenra

:necro:

Reading through their recent patch notes i see many additions including but not limited to:
lore
books (a la TES) and comments about them being actually enjoyed by people
spells interacting with the environment, ie lighting torches with your magic
a dialogue screen that reminds me so much of UUs, Daggerfall, etc
a need to note, to ask, search and so on. Directions!
a long, long list of all the little things that made games that were shit at their core not only playable but actually favoured by many
and two patches supposedly "imminent" that will add:
- banks in this one, adding the relevant QoL features + loaning and consequences of forfeit thereof ( i suppose again a la early TES)
- a new magic system in the one following it (expanded and revised so as to include custom spells, bestiary/awareness, further interaction with other game elements)
- crafting system to come along with said magic revision. Apparently they are interconnected ^^ Intriguing ^^

the above on top of a supposedly "redone combat system" that has already gone live.
(co-op i could not give a shit about)

which begs the question, how come the low post number? Anyone that can post some recent, non monolectic impressions? :)

bit of a first person non-blobber [sorry guys] crawlers fan. The two UUs rank among my favourites. Sorry?

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm glad some further progress is being made. I haven't played it much lately due to many other distractions from other games and generally just letting it "cook" a while longer. Will probably dig in again sometime soon, maybe after the bank and magic patches are in.

Aenra

was thinking along same lines actually :)

i usually find the patience to wait until some sort of near-release state has been reached. Usually..
but until the new D:OS patch comes out, i got nothing to kill time with, so am tempted. Will definitely post back whenever i get to play it though. I know 'procedural' can be a turn off, but in my head the emphasis is on "can". Darklands were procedural and i sure never complained so..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom