Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexers playing TESO

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is going to look like a very odd question but I was wondering if I was alone in this forum playing TESO, and if not, if we could be playing among gentlemen.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
fucking third worlder..waiting for F2P :)

what happened to the decline of Shitthesda and all that? One would have thought you'd not have touched this even if you got paid to..tsk tsk, the elasticity of self-imposed ethical barriers

Osvir

Learned
If Bethesda/Zenimax would just get to their senses and release an offline single player version for purchase. Heck, due to the vastness of the game... would it be entirely unfair to set a price at... maybe $100-$150?

TESO has all the ingredients for a great spiritual revival of TES Arena. If only it hadn't been an MMO!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Agreed. I must admit I love this game in a "good for what it is" fashion. But I am only playing it single player.

It is weird to explain what makes this game enjoyable. It is not particularly good looking. The game mechanics are pretty basic and there is nothing out of the ordinary popamole action RPG in here. The quests are nice and enjoyable and I'm sure much better than in the average MMO, but they are still not extraordinary.

Yet, I keep coming back to it. Because it let itself plays, because I like the Tamriel setting, because I love exploring, because it's a game nice to chill and relax in front of and that's one thing lacks of depth does for you. The only real shame is the subscription. And I admit it is a pretty big one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom