Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

DraQ

Arcane
351tvdk.png

N'wah, please.

uh, isn't that a dwemer helmet?
:hmmm:
Yes?

Did the Dwemer say "N'wah"?
Probably not, so?

DraQ

Arcane

Whiran

Magister
I just noticed that they restricted discussion on Steam's ESO forum to game owners only. I guess they weren't prepared for the... discussions that were taking place.

Bahamut

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Lots of cool stuff coming out of QuakeCon!

World PvP and Justice systems:

• You can take items from crates etc as normal but instead now you are stealing items. Items will have value if they are stolen. To steal something, you need to be hidden. If a guard caught you stealing, you can pay a bounty but it remove all your stolen goods.
  • You can also murder NPCs.
  • If you cannot pay a bounty when caught by a guard, you can try to flee and guards will attack you.
  • You can also be guards and hunt down players with bounty – active world PvP.

New Solo PvE zone:

Wrothgar
  • Shared by all 3 alliances. In it up north between High Rock and Skyrim. Originally given to the Orcs when they joined Daggerfall
  • Orc’s ancestral capital, Orsinium, is in this province in the Black Mountain area.
  • The followers of the Code of Malacath are distrustful of the Orc King and his Daggerfall allies as the Bretons and Redguards destroyed Orsinium a while back. Simultaneously, the Orc King is sympathic to a sect of another cult that wants to destroy the Malacath worshippers.
  • You are asked to help to rebuild Orsinium and determine the future of the Orcs there
  • Female giant creature added

New PvP zone:

Imperial City

• Unlocked by Corydiil Keep ownership.
  • Rid the imperial city of Molag Bal’s Planemeld, tons of bosses and mini bosses to kill.
  • Clear out enemy players.
  • Capture and hold different districts of the city. You get rewards and can respawn in that captured districts.
  • Repeatable PvE quests with high gold and XP reards.
  • Craftable Imperial Daedric Gear.
  • Arena District
    • Daedra taken over the city, thrown the Imperials into the arenas to have some gladiatorial games.
  • Arboretum District
    • Not completely taken over by the Daedra, still have some flora. You get to go in and make sure life goes on when you kick out the daedra.
  • Market District
    • You can capture this district. Once you own it, you can respawn and gain alliance bonus. Specific tradeskill stations that allow you to craft Imperial Daedric gear.
  • Temple District
    • Temple of the One in Oblivion. This is where the daedra trying to start the planemeld.
  • How do I get in?
    • Enter Imperial City via the sewers, a homage to Oblivion. There are three locations to enter the sewer with a safe zone for each alliance once you enter the sewer. There will be a lot of PvP outside the sewer entrances to stop people from getting in.
    • There is a crossroads sewer level where the three alliances cross path. There are portals that pop underneath and spawn monsters.
    • Only one alliance can own a district, you can come in to flip it and kill all the other alliance players that are in there.

Dwemer and Imperial Daedric Heavy Armor:

No ETAs given, but most things will likely be implemented by the next QuakeCon.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
F2P is the only way I'd ever play this again. I love the combat, but everything else about it just isn't worth $15 a month.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The European megaserver has now officially moved to Frankfurt, Germany. The game has already gained ten thousand new subscriptions in the past three hours; will YOU join TESO as well?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The European megaserver has now officially moved to Frankfurt, Germany. The game has already gained ten thousand new subscriptions in the past three hours; will YOU join TESO as well?

whynot.png

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
can wholeheartedly concur, do not join!

for an MMO, its community is almost, almost decent right now.

so please do not sub ^^
stay edgy and elsewhere

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
can wholeheartedly concur, do not join!

for an MMO, its community is almost, almost decent right now.

so please do not sub ^^
stay edgy and elsewhere

You hear that guys? Disliking a game is now
tA4Kqk8.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom