Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Simple Storm of Zehir question

opium fiend

Augur
I understand that an evil Yuan-ti cult is the main enemy. Is there an evil path in the game, can I join the cult?

TheLostOne

Savant
No. IIRC there are some evil choices you can make, but you don't get to join the bad guys. The game barely notices if you have a Yuan-ti party member.

opium fiend

Augur
That's pretty disappointing. Thanks. And I thought of making it an all reptilian evil party.

Nathair

Educated
Fundamentally not really hugely story driven. Have to enjoy the mechanics/seeing how your chosen party works in combat. (Which is mostly a bit easy although the final battle is properly rough.).

I'm vaguely fond of it more for how it really helped expand what the mods could do. Proper death/resting systems for a start but also overhead map etc. Stuff like legacy of white plume mountain, the thing letting you do the original campaign in the same sort of style and the like.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
No. IIRC there are some evil choices you can make, but you don't get to join the bad guys. The game barely notices if you have a Yuan-ti party member.
Fundamentally not really hugely story driven. Have to enjoy the mechanics/seeing how your chosen party works in combat. (Which is mostly a bit easy although the final battle is properly rough.).

I'm vaguely fond of it more for how it really helped expand what the mods could do. Proper death/resting systems for a start but also overhead map etc. Stuff like legacy of white plume mountain, the thing letting you do the original campaign in the same sort of style and the like.

there's usually a huge difference between having an entire party of X vs. one party member of X. A single party member just counts as an exotic tag-along (and probably makes you less popular with people who'd otherwise associate with your party).

Of course URPEEGEE reactivity also usually demands if you're Yuan-Ti, you only do Yuan-Ti things

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Stuff like legacy of white plume mountain

That mod is actually easier than SoZ because its yuan-ti are nerfed. SoZ yuan-ti abominations are badass. Also, LoWPM itemization is munchkin.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
2018-09-25.

I wrote walkthrough and not one crash.

I'm vaguely fond of it more for [...] overhead map etc.
SoZ circa 2008.

Wf6ITcQ.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You don't have to play NWN2 in widescreen. As in Infinity and Aurora, Electron natively supports 4:3.

Widescreen is overrated: too much dead space inbetween UI/control elements, slowing down gameplay (even in some games made specifically for WS).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom