Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Can't Jing just sleep with the judges to win the trial, treave?

Winning the trial doesn't automatically fix Lingshu's problem, is what I was saying. The two issues are related but not the same. She has to choose between you and Qingcheng.

DEMONZ Jing is never going to leave Yao to his punishment, so if the trial ends badly for the Killer Physician, your ties with the orthodox sects will be strained. The only issue is how much. 'Winning' the trial will help with this problem.

Jing and Lingshu have different problems from the same event. You can try to figure out what is best for her, what is best for you, whether there can be a compromise, whether this means your paths should still continue together, etc.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
There is still Miss Song problem with oversensitive touch problem after that Zhang Manxing fiasco.
Or did Cao'er finally cured it ?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not cured yet, but the medicine's recipe is not overly complex. Any respectable dispensary can provide the necessary ingredients if Cao'er gives the recipe to Lingshu.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hm. What if she does not pursue Yao's punishment and we don't murder half of Qincheng in retaliaton for taking hostages? How is that for a compromise? We are being very generous here.
:M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That would be the 'play the villain' option. There's also the 'be the villain' option where you take Xuezi's advice, and the 'be the villain, extreme renegade' option where you go beyond that and genocide Qingcheng. But you can only unlock the last one if you get the worst possible outcome from the trial.

Tribute

Arbiter
I wonder if Xuezi's particularly wrong here. We should probably establish that our loved ones are not to be fucked with (I mean shit, look what we kept trying to do to Zhang the Inferior whenever we encountered him based on what he merely tried to do to people we care about), and it has been mentioned that Qingcheng has let its acceptance standards drop pretty severely in recent years. In a way we'd be doing them a favour, thinning the herd like this... :M

Nevill

Arcane
There's also the 'be the villain' option where you take Xuezi's advice, and the 'be the villain, extreme renegade' option where you go beyond that and genocide Qingcheng. But you can only unlock the last one if you get the worst possible outcome from the trial.
Oh my. Does it involve clutching Cao'er's lifeless body as they hang her for her part in the murder?

I have a newfound respect for the DEMONZ, allowing such things when there are people depending on us not going off the deep end.

We should probably establish that our loved ones are not to be fucked with, and it has been mentioned that Qingcheng has let its acceptance standards drop pretty severely in recent years. In a way we'd be doing them a favour, thinning the herd like this..
Yes. And after this, genocide all of the unbro sects. Isn't Shun one of our loved ones? How dare they mess with him and his people!

Xuezi is offering an all-purpose solution here. :M

I'll flop to B. At least I have a somewhat vague idea of what to do if we manage to free Qingfeng, Lanhai and their kids.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's just another way of looking at things. If they have irreconcilable differences with you, clearly they don't want to depend on you for anything, including their lives. You can neatly partition the world into those that are for you (those that depend on you) and those that are against you (those that do not depend on you), and take it from there.

In other words, the accursed ones depart from me into everlasting fire etc approach. I'm just trying to be :incloosive: here.

Kz3r0

Arcane
That would be the 'play the villain' option. There's also the 'be the villain' option where you take Xuezi's advice, and the 'be the villain, extreme renegade' option where you go beyond that and genocide Qingcheng. But you can only unlock the last one if you get the worst possible outcome from the trial.
I am all for playing the villain, if that doesn't work let'go full renegade.

Nevill

Arcane
You can neatly partition the world into those that are for you (those that depend on you) and those that are against you (those that do not depend on you), and take it from there.
Well, what I meant is that even for those people that we consider ours, it would probably be detrimental if we go for the genocidal maniac route.

But I guess the list of people who have irreconcilable differences with us can easily be readjusted and expanded, if need be.

That would still probably leave us with Cao'er.

Tribute

Arbiter
I'm probably going to vote C (and will do so for now), on the basis that A) Qi Liuwu is also our bro, B) having our bro at the head of a large and respected sect is probably going to help us, hopefully here, but definitely in the future, and C) choosing to help Qi Liuwu has never gone badly for us before.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm going to vote D. Jing goes with Cao'er, Yifang, Lingshu, Xuezi, but Qilin, Yunzi, and Ameretat join Twins, Xsaora Vairya, and Armaiti.

That way we can accomplish two goals at once immediately.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Adding more firepower to Vairya's team doesn't do anything useful.

edit: To clarify, the beggars can handle it - they did it in Yangzhou after all - but going there allows you to have a say in how it is handled and also increases good relations.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
going there allows you to have a say in how it is handled
The mere fact we are sending Vairya in there suggests to me that it is going to be handled with XTREME prejudice. :lol:

Poor Twins. They probably didn't think making a name for themselves would involve beating up hobos in tandem with Fire people when they signed up.

Kipeci

Arcane
B, maybe? The Black Dragon Society seems to be at the center of a lot of rather nasty things... though, treave will we attempt to rescue our old master even if we don't go with A and we get word that things have gone poorly?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
All three routes join back up. Whether it's to rescue or for some other reason by then is a different matter.

Nevill

Arcane
An interesting thing to consider is that BDS are actively searching for the manuals - have murdered the whole Jinkong sect in order to find the Jiuyang Divine Scroll, actually - and we know for a fact that Madam Nie has one.

Whether that information can be used is a good question, though.

Also, just out of curiosity, treave, how do we address the Twins? We still call Lingshu by her family name, 'Miss Song', but are we calling them 'Miss Nie #1' and 'Miss Nie #2'? Or are we on a first name basis with them? No wonder they feel awkward around us! :D

Do they even get to keep their family name after the exile? Since they were adopted in the first place, and now Nie family have renounced them.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't have anything against helping the beggars, I think it would end well, but surely it makes no sense to go to a situation which will resolve itself in our favour anyway, at the expense of resolving situations which won't without our intervention. Yao and Miecao are probably doomed if we don't pick A (and maybe even if we do pick A). Same with Zuo & wife.

B is the most likely to get us something beneficial in terms of new information, especially about the manuals. It might also be easier to break the two out since it's a straightforward 'we're here for you' deal, whereas with A we can't really declare that and we'd have to see what loophole we can insert ourselves into in the trial proceedings.

B>A for now. I feel like B has best chances of a positive result and it'll be hard for us to make a difference in A - but I can only imagine how Cao'er would feel if we didn't try...

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I am going by this quote:
You could also let things play out without you and focus on one of the other options in the hopes that it may change something.
I just hope we would be able to get back in time, preferrably with the information that can upset the trial.

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't think we'll be able to do anything useful at the trial: Uncle Mao is basically calling Lingshu out here, either she sides with us and abandons her sect or sides with the sect and breaks her alliance with us (after which we slaughter her whole school). Best we can hope for is either arranging an escape for Yao and Miecao or somehow delaying the trial (Elfberserker's plan is a good one, provided we find the right evidence). I honestly don't see what we can do in A.

Adding more firepower to Vairya's team doesn't do anything useful.
All he needs to do is take off his robe and flex his pectorals, victory will be assured. Everyone else is just there for decoration. The Twins are the cheerleading squad.

Kz3r0

Arcane
You fuckers are letting Cao'er down, again.
I hate you all.:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom